ADVERTISEMENT

Pookie Jones' son gets first D1 offer

Another smart move by the big dog. Pookie's career at Kentucky is one thing...but his son getting an early offer just adds more respect in-state. He may not be the best...but if the other top prospects like us...it adds to the kids in the area growing up wanting to be a Cat.

We won't be losing many more Jedrick Wills, Damien Harris, or Walker Parks in the near future.

Recall Pookie being a tough, hard nosed guy. One knock on him however was he had small hands therefore tough to grasp the ball to throw. Pookie played some pro baseball too. Hope the kid develops.

Got to throw it around with Pookie about 15 years ago. Damn if he didn't have some sick zip on the ball. Burned my hands up, but I loved it and didn't bitch or drop a one.

He'd have absolutely rocked commonwealth with the teams we've had lately. Jacob could be that good. Need to get a hold of Pookie and see if I can do some social distancing catch going with he and his son. Need to get the rust knocked off my arm, too

Another smart move by the big dog. Pookie's career at Kentucky is one thing...but his son getting an early offer just adds more respect in-state. He may not be the best...but if the other top prospects like us...it adds to the kids in the area growing up wanting to be a Cat.

We won't be losing many more Jedrick Wills, Damien Harris, or Walker Parks in the near future.
Wouldn't bet on that...many kids in this state don't bleed blue and love the exposure that going to a Clemson or Alabama provides...but, l do hope you are correct. The three you mentioned are perfect examples and one is a legacy kid.

Based on what? Thanks.
Compared to like a Joey Gatewood level recruit per say.

He may end up being the #1 High School QB, but time will tell if that happens. I'd imagine he's just a dang good football player all-around at this point and they want to get in early.

Pookke is the earliest football guy I vividly remember. I went to games before then as a baby/child, but Pookie was when I was old enough to actually remember being at games and of course his name stuck.

Compared to like a Joey Gatewood level recruit per say.

He may end up being the #1 High School QB, but time will tell if that happens. I'd imagine he's just a dang good football player all-around at this point and they want to get in early.
Got it. Based on nothing.

I suspect (though do not know for sure) that Jacob has been seen at our camps, and probably a whole lot more with his dad at the football facilities.

UK identifies prospects early, he will probably have Alabama, OSU etc offers soon

The long time New England QB with all the Super Bowl wins just got released because he ran a 5.2, lol.
That may have been who I was thin king of. I was faster than Brady! Well if he had been faster he may have had a longer career than what he is going to have

He is second in the state right now in passing yardage with 1,521 on 93-162 (57%) and 12 TD's. He does have 10 INT as well.

Reactions: Girthang
That may have been who I was thin king of. I was faster than Brady! Well if he had been faster he may have had a longer career than what he is going to have

If he was faster he would've probably taken MORE hits thinking he was going to get away. Brady never had any illusions about being fast enough to avoid a hit. Makes it an easier decision to not take chances

Was it Pookie or O’ferral that dropped that f bomb in the interview after a win against South Carolina? I loved it whoever it was!!!

Was it Pookie or O’ferral that dropped that f bomb in the interview after a win against South Carolina? I loved it whoever it was!!!
Here's the full game, sadly no interview.

By the way if Mo Williams has a kid that plays football we should check on him too

Last edited:
Anybody watch him play? What’s the story with the interceptions? These are Jameis Winston numbers.

I remember when Pookie signed with Kentucky, I was living in Lexington and being from Princeton as was his coach, he ask me to show him around the city so we spent the whole day getting him familiar with Lexington. He was a great athlete and even better person, I'm happy that Kentucky has extended an offer.

Reactions: cat888 and fabcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT