ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PM UPDATE

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Nate Oats - Could be someone to approach but unlikely. Going through a divorce, wants joint custody so can't leave the state of Alabama easily. This has been mentioned, not by me. So I'm mentioning it. So that is in addition to the $18m buyout, got confirmation on that. The combination of $18m plus Oats wanting to be close for that reason makes him unlikely.

Billy Donovan - Is interested in the job, very interested. Apparently unlike Mrs. Drew, Mrs. Donovan would be on board and that was a sticking point in the past. The longer this goes on the more likely Donovan becomes as an option. Not a bad backstop at all. I am tentatively assuming that Donovan LATE may be a worst case scenario, and that should calm some nerves. You could still worry Mitch picks someone you don't like before we get to that point, but it should be an option and someone who wants the job.

Dan Hurley - Throwing the bank at him. UCONN cannot match. Have heard many different things on how he will receive it but remember there were nerves early on. While Donovan's wife is on board with him taking the job, Hurley's wife is probably closer to where Drew's wife was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News