ADVERTISEMENT

Playstation!!!!!

Can somebody help me out here, what's the PlayStation reference to?
For years some of us, Bennies, have wanted UK to spread the floor and take more 3 pointers. Bass calls that PlayStation basketball. He wants the lane clogged on offense And to shut the other team down not allowing them to score the entire game. Winning 14 to 5 would be fine with him. The problem with that mentality is that eventually you run into a team that can score and your style loses. Most teams that win the national championship are high scoring teams with great offensive efficiency. They also have good defensive efficiency. Spreading the floor and scoring a lot of points in a fast-paced game does not equal bad defense.

Last edited:
For years some of us, Bennies, have wanted UK to spread the floor and take more 3 pointers. Bass calls that PlayStation basketball. He wants the lane clogged and to shut the other team down and not allow them to score the entire game. Winning 14 to 5 would be fine with him. The problem with that mentality is that eventually you run into a team that can score and your style loses. Most teams that win the national championship are high scoring teams with great offensive efficiency. They also have good defensive efficiency. Spreading the floor and scoring a lot of points in a fast-paced game does not equal bad defense.
“Fast paste”!

I guess you thought Kansas was funny. Fast pace. We scored well. Shot well. PlayStation.

Then we lost when we couldn’t defend.
A timely stop or two would've sealed the deal, for sure. A dagger 3 from us would've done the same. We got away from our offense down the stretch and reverted to hero ball, and that was the game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Offense was good against a defenseless team. I saw us make the same mistakes on defense against this team that we were making against Kansas. Only a turd or troll would be happy about that.
Defense has to get better, and I've got to believe it'll improve by leaps and bounds w/ the addition of 1/2 of our rim protectors

Reactions: Fox2monk
For years some of us, Bennies, have wanted UK to spread the floor and take more 3 pointers. Bass calls that PlayStation basketball. He wants the lane clogged and to shut the other team down and not allow them to score the entire game. Winning 14 to 5 would be fine with him. The problem with that mentality is that eventually you run into a team that can score and your style loses. Most teams that win the national championship are high scoring teams with great offensive efficiency. They also have good defensive efficiency. Spreading the floor and scoring a lot of points in a fast-paced game does not equal bad defense.
Aha! Let's not forget pass the ball. Stand. Pass the ball. Movement without the ball is coming on PS6. These guys are on the front cover of that one.

I guess you thought Kansas was funny. Fast pace. We scored well. Shot well. PlayStation.

Then we lost when we couldn’t defend.
It would have been enough to have at least one or two of UKs bigs play against Kansas to win. We didn't have anyone to make things difficult for Dickenson. That would have been enough even with 2-3 other guys not playing that well. The ceiling for this team will be very high with 1 or 2 bigs back. I'll consider it a bonus that the games are entertaining now on top of it.

A timely stop or two would've sealed the deal, for sure. A dagger 3 from us would've done the same. We got away from our offense down the stretch and reverted to hero ball, and that was the game.
We were dead down the stretch. Sometimes shots don’t fall. Defense is all you got then. Except we don’t.

It would have been enough to have at least one or two of UKs bigs play against Kansas to win. We didn't have anyone to make things difficult for Dickenson. That would have been enough even with 2-3 other guys not playing that well. The ceiling for this team will be very high with 1 or 2 bigs back. I'll consider it a bonus that the games are entertaining now on top of it.
Possibly. I will be glad to see them get on the floor.

Defense has to get better, and I've got to believe it'll improve by leaps and bounds w/ the addition of 1/2 of our rim protectors
Yes, I want to see the big guys too. Not sure that will fix our getting confused on the court when confronted with good ball movement. We give up a lot of open shots. Fortunately they weren’t falling. Everybody is so giddy over scoring on a defenseless team. If we don’t get the defense sorted that giddy is gonna go.

I miss College Hoops 2K. Hope it makes a comeback soon on the new systems in the next few years. Would be unbelievable…thanks for nothing Ed O’Bannon.

Yes, I want to see the big guys too. Not sure that will fix our getting confused on the court when confronted with good ball movement. We give up a lot of open shots. Fortunately they weren’t falling. Everybody is so giddy over scoring on a defenseless team. If we don’t get the defense sorted that giddy is gonna go.
We're giving up a lot of open shots because our wings are sagging into the lane to give help on drives; this won't be such an issue when there's somebody on the backside to take away shots at the rim

We're giving up a lot of open shots because our wings are sagging into the lane to give help on drives; this won't be such an issue when there's somebody on the backside to take away shots at the rim
We are giving up a lot of shots because we can rotate on a team that can pass the ball. Most players learn this in high school. Takes a lot of awareness. Dont develop it quick. Between Kansas and last night, almost zero progress.

We have to face more teams like Kansas. Folks are going to learn just how fickle jacking threes can be when we run into a team that can guard the perimeter.

What about Kansas. We were kicking their ass because of shooting. We lost due to not having a big man. That’s it. Not o mention Harris having the game of his life and no moving screens called on sucks Dickinson.
Kansas couldn’t guard the perimeter for spit. But hey enjoy the glorious victory against a defenseless team that hung 82 on us. I’m sure everyone we play is gonna suck that bad. By the way, Marquette taught us Kansas ain’t that good….

Kansas couldn’t guard the perimeter for spit. But hey enjoy the glorious victory against a defenseless team that hung 82 on us. I’m sure everyone we play is gonna suck that bad. By the way, Marquette taught us Kansas ain’t that good….
Oh yeah they lost one game, I guess Purdue taught Marquette they ain’t that good too.

Oh yeah they lost one game, I guess Purdue taught Marquette they ain’t that good too.
No worries right? We’ll just lay 118 on them. I doubt they play defense. Like how could we ever have a bad shooting night. That never happens to us. Maybe we should only send two guys back on defense, to get the ball inbound so we can score even faster.

No worries right? We’ll just lay 118 on them. I doubt they play defense. Like how could we ever have a bad shooting night. That never happens to us. Maybe we should only send two guys back on defense, to get the ball inbound so we can score even faster.
I can’t wait until we get a big man back lol. You will see. Our only issue is rebounding and guarding the rim. That is solved when Bradshaw or Z coming in soon.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I can’t wait until we get a big man back lol. You will see. Our only issue is rebounding and guarding the rim. That is solved when Bradshaw or Z coming in soon.
Have you been watching Murray or Eastern? We have a bunch of defensive issues on the perimeter. I don’t know that Bradshaw or Z are known as paint defenders. I thought in both cases the PlayStation Bennie’s were salavating over them being face the basket bigs. Z may well get pulled out of practice due to NCAA corruption. Maybe you should cut back on the Aerosmith.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Have you been watching Murray or Eastern? We have a bunch of defensive issues on the perimeter. I don’t know that Bradshaw or Z are known as paint defenders. I thought in both cases the PlayStation Bennie’s were salavating over them being face the basket bigs. Z may well get pulled out of practice due to NCAA corruption. Maybe you should cut back on the Aerosmith.
Casual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT