ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino's 1991 clinic against Shaq and the LSU zone is a thing of beauty (video).

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
I'm looking forward to having a real Xs and Os coach again, in the similar vein as vintage Pitino.

Take a look at this video if you get bored. Pitino employed a masterful destruction of the LSU zone. It shows what elite coaching and outstanding team cohesion can do against elite talent and mediocre coaching (here's looking at you, Cal).

Also, I look forward to Rupp being as loud again as it was in this game.

Good times are on the horizon.

Pitino was great as a strategic leader. He was coaching against Dale Brown there though.

Dale was like dollar store Cal really.

I'm looking forward to having a real Xs and Os coach again, in the similar vein as vintage Pitino.

Take a look at this video if you get bored. Pitino employed a masterful destruction of the LSU zone. It shows what elite coaching and outstanding team cohesion can do against elite talent and mediocre coaching (here's looking at you, Cal).

And the way that Pitino's & his UK defense held Tim Duncan to a 2-7 shooting night in the 1996 NCAA tournament also a thing of beauty...... The perfect marriage, Rick Pitino & the UK men's basketball program. What might have been, if only he would have stayed on here.

Reactions: ukfan041

Reggie Hanson was a fine player, he never gets talked about even when discussing Pitino players.

Reactions: ACT ONE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT