ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino suit against Adidas gets swatted by judge

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
They acted under Rp's orders, then he sued them..ROFLMAO...Pay him, get him to U6, then I will sue you..Who's Ricks lawyer? Must be a recent law school dropout..

Reactions: wildcatwelder
laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

The understanding I got from the dismissal is that his agreement with Ididits states that any disagreement would be handle by arbitration.

His lawyers love him. If he wants to sue anybody, they are ready to see it thru. Cha ching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
He's going to be even more desperate to make U6 pay now. He needs as win to save face. Should be a pretty good show if it's allowed to continue.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
His lawyers probably told him the lawsuit was going to be dismissed due to the arbitration clause. In fact, I bet they put it in writing to him to cover their asses. But Rick being the pompous, self righteous sociopath he is, he told his lawyers to file it anyway just to make a statement.

U of L would be stupid to settle.
winning and settling does the same thing, it makes the publicity end. one is quieter though. the possibility of losing from ul’s perspective would horrifying. would you want to pay a little and have that possibility go away? i’m sure pitino, with his rep in the shitter, would take what he was offered. the fact is there are vague stipulations in his contract and he’ll probably have satan for a lawyer.

"Deliberately damaged his reputation"
The only way someone could damage Rick's reputation is to say nice things about him.

Why doesn't do himself a favor. Take his retirement money, go to Florida, and fade into the sunset. His basketball days are over.

And go right back down about 15 seconds later.
To the leg... Why does everyone forget he mentioned the dribble down his leg? (looking for ref)
That man openly confessed to being male teen like with women.

"Some unfortunate things happened,"
[some good info on Sypher scandal rehash in link, if you like to read]

Pitino said in the courtroom packed with spectators from basketball-mad Kentucky. "She opened up my pants."

"Did you have sex that night?" Assistant U.S. Attorney Marisa Ford asked.

"Yes, very briefly," said Pitino, who wore a dark suit with a white shirt and red tie. The two have said they had sex at the table.

That is National Lampoon movie script like.

{Cut for time, Pitino said: Best 15 seconds of my life }

Last edited:
Pitino PR 101 ...... he will shout from the rooftops he sued them to get his reputation back and then whisper legal wrangling kept it from seeing the light of day because they knew he was right.

He is smart enough to know it was never getting to court, nor would he WANT it to. The testimony would have exposed him even more. But now he can say "they stopped it". Just watch. He thinks he is still Slick Rick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT