ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Priest and Confidant Suspended By Owensboro Diocese

2Adulterers

Senior
Aug 11, 2015
Pitino Priest Suspended By Owensboro Diocese

*Ruh-Roh*
  • Father Ed Bradley who sat on UK Bench while Slick Rick was Coach has been suspended according to Owensboro TV WFIE.
  • Bradley (who was also the Director of Daniel Pitino Shelter) has been accused of sexual abuse while an active Priest.
  • He was the personal priest of Godfather Pitino.
Evidently the Padre had his hands somewhere other than the Holy Water (see Karen Sypher scandal). It never goes away.
Hmmm. Wonder if he forgave all of Rick's transgressions? :cool2::cool2:

• Pitino Priest Suspended By Owensboro Diocese
  • Ruh Roh Father Ed Bradley who sat on UK Bench while Slick Rick was Coach has been
  • suspended according to Owensboro TV WFIE and Evansvile Courier
  • Bradley was also the Director of Daniel Pitino Shelter has been accused of sexual abuse while
  • an active Priest he was the personal priest of Godfather Pitino ..Evidentially the Padre had his hands somewhere other than the Holy Water see Karen Sypher scandal It never goes away..hmmm wonder if he forgave all of Rick.s transgressions..:cool2::cool2:
I remember that dude.

I’m stunned that a Priest has been accused of sexual abuse.

• Ruh Roh Father Ed Bradley who sat on UK Bench while Slick Rick was Coach has been
  • Bradley was also the Director of Daniel Pitino Shelter has been accused of sexual abuse while
  • an active Priest he was the personal priest of Godfather Pitino ..Evidentially the Padre had his hands somewhere other than the Holy Water see Karen Sypher scandal It never goes away..hmmm wonder if he forgave all of Rick.s transgressions..:cool2::cool2:
I'm glad you think sexual abuse is funny. Did Father Bradley forgive you when you got arrested for stalking Pitino and playing cop?

Does it really matter to you?
Not really.

Guys and people in power that abuse children should be put to death imo.

My Wife and I decided before we got married that we weren’t interested in having kids.

However, it’s unimaginable to me that people abuse children.

I get angry when I continue to see low life drug addicts bring kids into the world. They have zero chance. That cycle goes on and on without interruption.

Last edited:
The simplest answer is they are unable to marry. Change that and I would guess the abuse would be greatly reduced.
I disagree,even if they were allowed to marry,they wouldn't be marrying children,that's who the victims are...
They are child molesters hiding behind the church,which actually helped them cover it up for so many years in the past..

The simplest answer is they are unable to marry. Change that and I would guess the abuse would be greatly reduced.
Doubt it. They would continue to abuse even if married. They get into priesthood because it gives them more access to children. They are just sick individuals who have no place in society. The fact the Catholic Church has covered for them makes is even more sick.

Damn

I agree completely. Pedophiles gravitate to the Catholic Church because they don’t have to answer questions about dating or marriage. They are put in leadership positions of children who have naive parents, by a church willing to look the other way. Shooting fish in a barrel.

When I see a priest wearing the collar, I just assume he’s a pedophile.

They are able to marry now because gay marriage is now legal across the US. True that in the past when it was illegal and being gay carried a stigma the Catholic church became the magnet for gay men who became priests. That is a fact and the church has finally had to come to grips with it.

I agree completely. Pedophiles gravitate to the Catholic Church because they don’t have to answer questions about dating or marriage. They are put in leadership positions of children who have naive parents, by a church willing to look the other way. Shooting fish in a barrel.

When I see a priest wearing the collar, I just assume he’s a pedophile.
I think you can assume that he is gay but it doesnt necessarily mean he is a pedo. There certainly are a lot of gay pedo priests but there are many good and celibate priests that get tarnished by the bad ones.

Doubt it. They would continue to abuse even if married. They get into priesthood because it gives them more access to children. They are just sick individuals who have no place in society. The fact the Catholic Church has covered for them makes is even more sick.

They got into the church because it helped explain to their family and others why they didnt date or marry. It was a very honorable thing that a Catholic male who is gay could do to be respected. Once in....the altar boys became a distraction from the job. The church should allow married priests and that would go a long way to fixing the problem.

I'm glad you think sexual abuse is funny. Did Father Bradley forgive you when you got arrested for stalking Pitino and playing cop?
I mean in the name of correctness do you want a pedophile to forgive you and absolve you of your sins? I’d rather impersonate a cop than be guilty of sexual abuse.

I seriously doubt that would cut down on these pedophiles.......the majority of these cases are abuse against young boys.....Pope Gregory's right hand man had been moved around for decades because of sexual abuse.........wonder why he was the first pope to retire in decades? Birds of a feather flock together......

Reactions: Macy666
So the Pope defrocked Cardinal McCarrik......seems he was guilty of soliciting sex in the confessional.....I wonder if he had a penance hole in the confessional.......

Disagree . They don’t turn into child molesters who become sexually attracted to ore pubecent boys because they can’t marry.

You're absolutely right.

The lazy argument basically seeks to link celibacy to a higher potential for child molesting. That's a totally unsubstantiated position.

There are, however, large amounts of real evidence that show that the Catholic Church, as an institutional device, is a place that a lot of these guys go because A. it puts them in closer proximity to children or B. for those who feel they're messed up, they look at it as an institution that will allow them to change from their sexual dispositions, dispositions that they're ashamed. So we're really dealing with two instances of predisposition before they even take their vows: Priest A. doesn't think it's wrong and seeks to have access to kids and Priest B. thinks it's wrong, but inevitably falls into the role of a predator anyway.

It's also why alcoholics and homosexuals dominate the priesthood. Those are obviously separate issues and not necessarily correlated to pedophilia, but they speak to the reality that many priests enter the priesthood hoping that the process and the position will "reform" their dispositions. The reality is that the institutional framework for the priesthood actually creates more loneliness, more isolation, and more opportunities to turn vice into a secret form of perpetual conduct that only grows with time.

I happen to know Father Bradley. Whether this happened or not, I don’t have a clue. It is an allegation from over 30 years ago. All victims of abuse deserve to be heard, but it is difficult to defend yourself from something that supposedly happened three decades ago. If he did it, put him in jail and throw away the key. If he didn’t, what a terrible set of circumstances to find yourself in.

I happen to know Father Bradley. Whether this happened or not, I don’t have a clue. It is an allegation from over 30 years ago. All victims of abuse deserve to be heard, but it is difficult to defend yourself from something that supposedly happened three decades ago. If he did it, put him in jail and throw away the key. If he didn’t, what a terrible set of circumstances to find yourself in.

The article I read said that the Daviess County Commonwealth Attorney's Office was handling the case, so I assumed it was an accusation about something in Owensboro. Do you know if this allegedly occurred before Father Bradley moved to Henderson?

Last edited:
It’s all too easy and now the norm, to place a guilty sentence on people accused without evidence or a trial. He may have done this or it can be someone looking for a payday. Let’s stop ruining a persons life without evidence.

Reactions: shutzhund
The article I read said that the Daviess County Commonwealth Attorney's Office was handling the case, so I assumed it was an accusation about something in Owensboro. Do you know if this allegedly occurred before Father Bradley moved to Henderson?
Allegedly took place when he was principal at Owensboro Catholic

It supposedly occurred when he was Owensboro Catholic principal in the early 1980s. Way before he came to Henderson.

They are able to marry now because gay marriage is now legal across the US. True that in the past when it was illegal and being gay carried a stigma the Catholic church became the magnet for gay men who became priests. That is a fact and the church has finally had to come to grips with it.

Huh? It wasn't and still isn't any U.S. law or state law that keeps Catholic priests from getting married. It's a Catholic law.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT