ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino at BBM

Is the special someone Calipari or the U of L fan base?
Im just saying I hope any true UK fan is thankful for the memories several of our coaches have brought us. No other school has that coaching tree except for us.

Pitino has another job. Cal has another job. Pope is here. The drama that has come out of UK athletics the last several years has been exhausting and it’s time for it to go away.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Then are his spots what he did for us while here or what he did while at UL? One of those were changed at some point.
I mean if you want to twist it that way, be my guest. You show know what “spots” mean & it’s not coaching ability. & if you don’t know that, then I can’t help you.

Kind of. Pitino's ego drove him to leave UK too early, and Cal's ego drove him to stay at UK too long.
I think what attracted Pitino to UK was the challenge of raising the program from the dead, and to see how quickly he could do it. I think he thought he could rebuild Boston.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
YawnExactly. A selfish liar now trying to get back in good graces. Fck that.
nathan fillion castle GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Mozes-Prince22
Just confirmed he will be at the football game on Saturday, this indicates he will also be at BBM.
I hope that the BBM gives coach Pitino a rousing standing ovation. He's had nothing but positive things to say about UK since the hiring of Mark Pope. I can't imagine that any coach in the history of athletics is living with the regrets that Pitino is living with. Him knowing that if he would have stayed here that he would have 5/6/ maybe 7 national championships & over 1,200 wins. He would be to college basketball what Nick Saban is to college football. I've forgiven him for taking the Louisville job. I hope everyone else can as well.

Who considers Louisville fans UK's arch nemesis besides the small portion of hyper-emotional UK fans who don't know how to navigate the memories of the school bully who tormented them while wearing a Louisville shirt? It's always been UK vs. the world. Louisville is just the city college that got in the way a few times 40 years ago.
Not sure what to tell you if you don’t think they are UKs main rival. Maybe it’s Baylor….

I’m damn sure UK doesn’t need skeletor as a fan who wants to hang on when he ditched us.

Some of you really think a 72 year old man who has shit on multiple universities wouldn’t do it again given the chance? And you want to welcome the guy back who gave the fans the middle finger (literally), left for a rival, couldn’t tell the truth to save his life, etc?

Hope you give your wives that much grace.

I don't think he will be at BBM. He is a current Division I head coach., that is just weird. If he was retired, I could see it.

He’s definitely made it clear UK was his place and that he was stupid for prioritizing quick money over his legacy and where he was the best fit at and had rolling. He probably would have made the same amount of money had he stayed here 30 years by now.
Right? What with the way college salaries have blown up he may well have made more. And on the other point, I would think you’d have to be practically blind not see he had no reason to be at Louisville other than trying to recreate what he had here. Truth is, bad as we hated him for going there, in a tragic way it was probably the biggest compliment he could have paid us.

I welcome Pitino back with open arms. He's several years removed from being the UofL coach... he's an absolute Kentucky/Louisville basketball legend at both universities.

You know he's 72 and I want to give Pitino the respect he deserves for bringing UK back to relevancy and the masterclass coaching that only he's capable of in college. Pitino always did more with less... imagine the terror he'd unleash on the sport with recruits that Coach K, Cal, Self and Roy Williams had the luxury of coaching.

Morals to be damned if we are talking basketball only... I'd put Pitino up with just about anyone. UK should be honored that he still loves this university and gives great press in spite of coaching at a rival school.

My message to the haters - suck it up buttercup.

I have no problem with it.. except I hope this isn’t just a way to slap a special someone in the face.. which I believe it is.

UK sports, especially the big two, need to do away with the drama. We’ve been dealing with it for too long now. I’m just afraid this stuff is gonna turn into a distraction.

I’m thankful for the entire history of Kentucky basketball with the exception of the Billy Gillespie era.
I don’t think Pope would willingly step in a steaming pile of drama having never coached his first game here. He has been pretty clear he loves RP. I would assume his intentions are true and sincere, if it is the case he invited him.

Some of you really think a 72 year old man who has shit on multiple universities wouldn’t do it again given the chance? And you want to welcome the guy back who gave the fans the middle finger (literally), left for a rival, couldn’t tell the truth to save his life, etc?

Hope you give your wives that much grace.
The middle finger thing is so overblown. God forbid someone in the state of Kentucky give a middle finger. If you don’t know what was yelled at him first you might wanna investigate. I’m not fully supporting RP back but geez dude the middle finger thing from a New Yorker seems a bit overblown. I’m a UK fan through and through but you say something about my family for example you’ll get more than a finger. He definitely wasn’t professional but crying over a middle finger this many years later seems a bit 3rd grader.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT