ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Towles at Pro Day

Boom ran 4.44 not close.

If were just gonna lie about It, we might as well make it more impressive than 4.44

Boom ran a 3.97... backwards... while juggling.
Boom ran a 4.38 with his hands while doing a handstand!
It's true boom ran a 4.51 and 4.53, but he was also performing open heart surgery at the time, that's gone unreported.

Back to Towles: good for him. The problem is his measurable were never in question. His meassurables have always been so good analysts and coaches over look the actual product because the "Yeah, but what if he finally puts it together?" Dream is so tantalizing. I wish him well, he will get the opportunity to camp somewhere, hopefully he shows something eye opening at a rookie camp.

Impossible to measure accuracy and decision making with a stopwatch

But very possible to gauge the impact that a strong running game and commitment thereto has on an opposing defense's pass rush. Also very possible to gauge the impact that getting pressured, hit and/or sacked repeatedly by the opposing defense has on any, repeat, any quarterback's accuracy and decision making.

Reactions: ukfanjh and bratboy
I'm wondering if he has any interest in switching to TE. Doubt seriously he can make a roster as a QB. But w those measurables and size, he could be developed into a TE. Seems to have the right mentality.

I wish him the best, I truly do. But there is a lot of selective memory on this board about PT. Sure, he didn't have a great line in front of him. But we weren't bereft of talent and too many times he threw passes that no one this board could understand (see Vandy pick 6). Seems like almost everyone crushed him for coming to the LOS with his primary in sight and never looking anywhere else. Seems like many on here were more than happy to see Barker get a chance during his last season. PT gave it his all and he does have physical ability. It just didn't seem to materialize consistently during games when it mattered most.

Towles would have been lethal with our offensive style this past year.....hand off 30 times a game and chuck it deep a few times to keep the defense honest.

I wish him the best, I truly do. But there is a lot of selective memory on this board about PT. Sure, he didn't have a great line in front of him. But we weren't bereft of talent and too many times he threw passes that no one this board could understand (see Vandy pick 6). Seems like almost everyone crushed him for coming to the LOS with his primary in sight and never looking anywhere else. Seems like many on here were more than happy to see Barker get a chance during his last season. PT gave it his all and he does have physical ability. It just didn't seem to materialize consistently during games when it mattered most.

With apologies but with no regrets, if you are basing a player's talents and abilities on what "many on here" think about that player, your conclusions have a very weak foundation.

Let's not forget: many on here, after the first couple games last year, thought that Stoops needed to be fired; and many on here, after the first couple of games last year, thought Schlarman couldn't coach a lick.

Nothing personal but I base my opinions on what I learned about the game playing high school and college football. Not based on what many on here think. And while this old SOB may have a failing memory, it's definitely not selective. LOL. Peace.

I got a measurable for y'all.

His last year here he threw the same number of intercepctions as touchdown.

I'll never forget a play that year where he had Baker wide open on a slant for big yards and then proceeded to throw it two feet behind him, and Baker then jumping up and down pointing upfield.

He was just a better grade of Morgan Newton.

Last edited:
4.59 is impressive for any white boy. Especially a 6'5 240 pounder. He and boom would be neck and neck in the 40.

I got a measurable for y'all.

His last year here he threw the same number of intercepctions as touchdown.

I'll never forget a play that year where he had Baker wide open on a slant for big yards and then proceeded to throw it two feet behind him, and Baker then jumping up and down pointing upfield.

He was just a better grade of Morgan Newton.
you conveniently forget the big time throws he made over his career. You also conveniently forget about the poor offensive line play, and multiple drops by guys like Dorian Baker.

Best of luck to Pat! Always loved watching him play. Tough as nails, and bled blue. Not many QB's could have succeeded in his situation, with the drops and lack of protection.

I'm wondering if he has any interest in switching to TE. Doubt seriously he can make a roster as a QB. But w those measurables and size, he could be developed into a TE. Seems to have the right mentality.

TE/H-Back/Emergency QB....a guy with measurables like Patty Ice and willing to do the work could find a spot on a roster somewhere in the NFL. That's the route Timmy Tebow should have taken.

Reactions: 9FFrodo
Selfishly, I wanted Towles to stick around last year and compete for Gran, but really for depth, as I assumed Barker would retain the job of starter. But, I am really happy he transferred. It seems that he made the best decision for him and UK did well, also. BC was a smart move. I consider it a win-win. I hope him nothing but the best.

Let's keep racial comments out of it, please. Also, he's not a "boy", he's a "man".

This response is BS. It's a physiologic fact that there are differences comparing blacks to whites and the recognition of those facts are not negatively driven racial slurs. In medicine there are demographics to consider when diagnosing patients normal's in laboratory studies as well as other testing such as pulmonary function studies. A patients demographics alters common outcomes and have to be considered when observing results. Comparing them to norms within a race is certainly one of the ways to more accurately define and diagnose.

Then we come to a message board and someone makes a statement that white boys aren't as commonly quick in short distances as black boys. (These are boys, all of them). Then someone tries to take someone to task over some political correctness detail that may hurt someones feelings? When in fact the history of short distance running has been commonly dominated by black athletes.

So, get off of that high horse and quit suggesting that someone is being racially insensitive. If anything, it's a complement to blacks that they have superior athletic quickness which factors into sports. Respect! Plus, it's also a complement to Patrick Towles that he can run with a much smaller and athletic man while being a 6'4', 240 lb. kid. Remarkable and surprising. But I di believe that the guy who prompted the complement to Towles said this without all the needed justification for his statement. Big freaking deal.

images

Let's keep racial comments out of it, please. Also, he's not a "boy", he's a "man".

Reactions: 13space82
This response is BS. It's a physiologic fact that there are differences comparing blacks to whites and the recognition of those facts are not negatively driven racial slurs. In medicine there are demographics to consider when diagnosing patients normal's in laboratory studies as well as other testing such as pulmonary function studies. A patients demographics alters common outcomes and have to be considered when observing results. Comparing them to norms within a race is certainly one of the ways to more accurately define and diagnose.

Then we come to a message board and someone makes a statement that white boys aren't as commonly quick in short distances as black boys. (These are boys, all of them). Then someone tries to take someone to task over some political correctness detail that may hurt someones feelings? When in fact the history of short distance running has been commonly dominated by black athletes.

So, get off of that high horse and quit suggesting that someone is being racially insensitive. If anything, it's a complement to blacks that they have superior athletic quickness which factors into sports. Respect! Plus, it's also a complement to Patrick Towles that he can run with a much smaller and athletic man while being a 6'4', 240 lb. kid. Remarkable and surprising. But I di believe that the guy who prompted the complement to Towles said this without all the needed justification for his statement. Big freaking deal.

Thank You Sir!

I don't think anyone ever said he didn't have the physical attributes of an NFL qb. His biggest problem is he's not accurate and weak mentally. Hope he makes it though!

TE/H-Back/Emergency QB....a guy with measurables like Patty Ice and willing to do the work could find a spot on a roster somewhere in the NFL. That's the route Timmy Tebow should have taken.
Several folks have mentioned the TE possibility. Makes sense to me.

If were just gonna lie about It, we might as well make it more impressive than 4.44

Boom ran a 3.97... backwards... while juggling.
Boom ran a 4.38 with his hands while doing a handstand!
It's true boom ran a 4.51 and 4.53, but he was also performing open heart surgery at the time, that's gone unreported.

Back to Towles: good for him. The problem is his measurable were never in question. His meassurables have always been so good analysts and coaches over look the actual product because the "Yeah, but what if he finally puts it together?" Dream is so tantalizing. I wish him well, he will get the opportunity to camp somewhere, hopefully he shows something eye opening at a rookie camp.

But now, showing off for the pros, its a major thing to have good measurables, because their scouts will want to see what they can do with him. So I wish him luck and you can't do a thread about Patrick with out saying goodbye Patrick Towels. :)

Reactions: Brock28
Pat has everything an NFL QB needs to have except a great Football IQ. Makes too many bad/questionable decisions and just does not see the field well. The NFL speed will overwhelm him.

That all said, wish him the best. He did his best at UK and will always be a Cat.

ADVERTISEMENT