ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Forde goes in on Kansas for playing victim card

I'm still waiting for an article on Puke's recruiting...and qualifying a high school player.... in record time.... Oh, and how the NCAA looked the other way when the players family was funded thousands and thousands of dollars.....if it had been UK or Coach Cal....the NCAA would have crucified us....don't get me started on UNCheat...

AlohaCat

I'll give him his due. He's asking a question noone has yet - he asked for comment from the NCAA how a reclassification happened so quickly. They declined comment.

Can and should ask the same thing about Bagley.

The NCAA must have knowledge of this to some degree. Not even they are this inept
Since we may have a couple of guys trying to reclassify the NCAA will make it more difficult just wait and see.

Kansas’ fans only reply is “FORDE IS A MIZZOU GRAD SO THIS IS FAKE NEWS!”

Forde really does hate Kansas. It's a close call between them and Cal-era UK on which program he'd like to take down more. UK probably gets the edge since that old hag Dana O'Neil is his right-hand woman and she absolutely despises us as well.

But nothing's going to happen to Kansas as far as sanctions or anything getting vacated. The NCAA doesn't mind hammering Louisville, Syracuse or other 2nd-tier schools but the UNC scandal has shown us bluebloods are pretty safe. What I'd be concerned about if I was a KU fan is that Silvio DeSousa has likely played his last game. After getting acclimated in January, he turned into a really nice player down the stretch and would've been a key cog next season.

I've seen some polls that have KU as the preseason No. 1 next year but man they're losing a ton. Graham, Newman, Svi, Vick, probably De Sousa and Azibuike is testing the waters. I know they have a good recruiting class, along with the Lawsons and the kid transferring from California, but it'll be virtually a new team. We go through the same shit every year, but can Self meld an entirely new team in a few months like Cal can?

The bigger question is whether a school with high-profile recruits should have been applying heightened scrutiny even before the FBI story broke. I think the answer has to be yes.”

You’d think so right? When this thing broke, I was admittedly worried about Kentucky’s potential involvement but goitback and thinking back over the last few years about the high profile recruits that Cal strangely avoided, just reaffirms to me that he has gone out of his way to stay clear of people with shady issues.

I'm still waiting for an article on Puke's recruiting...and qualifying a high school player.... in record time.... Oh, and how the NCAA looked the other way when the players family was funded thousands and thousands of dollars.....if it had been UK or Coach Cal....the NCAA would have crucified us....don't get me started on UNCheat...

AlohaCat
Exactly and that is very obvious. How can a family go from being bankrupt to living in a million dollar home in just 7 months?

Exactly and that is very obvious. How can a family go from being bankrupt to living in a million dollar home in just 7 months?
Short answer they had something Duke wanted, money is no object if you have something in demand, I am just glad that didn't produce a NC, but it has paid dividends on recruiting trail.

Maybe they won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes and nobody ever knew about it.
Maybe a rich old aunt passed away and bequeathed them enough money to buy a million dollar home.
Maybe the Bagley's were walking on the beach and an old chest washed up on shore that was full of pirates booty.
It couldn't possibly be underhanded deals between Nike, the Bagley's, and Duke. Not Coach K, who is such an honorable human being.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
The Lawson’s twins will be allowed to run amok just like some other famous girl friend beating , car vandalizing quire boys they have had there!!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Forde really does hate Kansas. It's a close call between them and Cal-era UK on which program he'd like to take down more. UK probably gets the edge since that old hag Dana O'Neil is his right-hand woman and she absolutely despises us as well.
O'Neil hasn't like Kentucky much since she was in town for a few days to do a profile on Billy G and he treated her, naturally, poorly. I suspect she'd eventually get over that, except that her mentor (she has referred to Forde with that term, publicly) has poisoned her well against Calipari. So, yeah, UK isn't going to get a fair shake from her.

Meanwhile.....you should read the Valentines she writes daily at The Athletic for Jay Wright and Nova. (e.g.: "Villanova is actually better than a blue blood. Villanova is now the preeminent program in college basketball. Duke and Kentucky are winning recruits, but that, it turns out, is like winning the press conference."). I don't mind that - I just wish she, and the others, would be upfront about it. As in "yes, I like these coaches, and I don't like these coaches, and I try not to let those views influence how I write and what I say, but they probably do from time to time." Nope, all you get is denials on that front.....Of course, that phenomenon, and the inability of traditional media just to acknowledge and obvious thing, is what Bill Simmons rode to fame and fortune....

But nothing's going to happen to Kansas as far as sanctions or anything getting vacated. The NCAA doesn't mind hammering Louisville, Syracuse or other 2nd-tier schools but the UNC scandal has shown us bluebloods are pretty safe. What I'd be concerned about if I was a KU fan is that Silvio DeSousa has likely played his last game. After getting acclimated in January, he turned into a really nice player down the stretch and would've been a key cog next season.

I've seen some polls that have KU as the preseason No. 1 next year but man they're losing a ton. Graham, Newman, Svi, Vick, probably De Sousa and Azibuike is testing the waters. I know they have a good recruiting class, along with the Lawsons and the kid transferring from California, but it'll be virtually a new team. We go through the same shit every year, but can Self meld an entirely new team in a few months like Cal can?

Lawsons and Moore has been in Lawrence and practicing with the team for a year. Moore and KJ Lawson went to Europe last year and played. They are not starting from Square One.

You know his "unnamed" longtime former coach source was Rick Pitino. Can't trust anything that Ricky says. He just doesn't want to go down without taking as many with him as he can.

You know his "unnamed" longtime former coach source was Rick Pitino. Can't trust anything that Ricky says. He just doesn't want to go down without taking as many with him as he can.
I think Rick was the source of much of what Forde and Thamel did.

AlohaCat

This thing is just getting started. Latest charges have implicated Under Armour in this scheme. The Federal BI will be looking into Nike as well. As Nike's top 2 schools, Duke and Kentucky fans should be very nervous. Cal has been taking advantage of this system since 2001. If you think otherwise, you simply have your head in the sand, or somewhere else.

The bigger question is whether a school with high-profile recruits should have been applying heightened scrutiny even before the FBI story broke. I think the answer has to be yes.”

You’d think so right? When this thing broke, I was admittedly worried about Kentucky’s potential involvement but goitback and thinking back over the last few years about the high profile recruits that Cal strangely avoided, just reaffirms to me that he has gone out of his way to stay clear of people with shady issues.

I think he has stayed away from some. I worry about the ones he may not have known about. Shoe co’s have been giving kids and family money with and without the knowledge of the programs to keep them away from rival show co’s. As far as Kansas there are just too many situations to assume they weren’t aware of any of them. Time will tell. I still think there is a lot more coming in this one including new rules from the NCAA and we all know how much sense those are likely to make.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT