ADVERTISEMENT

Panic Mode

Mar 19, 2016
I know some are concerned with who will leave or stay. Am I the only one who remains calm about possibly putting a roster together of transfers who have experience and are grown men rather than keep a bunch of unproven incoming freshman, and some so-so sophomores. Perry, Somto, and Q are the only ones I'm truly excited to see come in. I think if they hire the right guy they will be able to get a competitive team in time for 24-25 season.

Reactions: KYCAT78
We’re gonna be in better hands no matter what. This needed to happen and I’m elated that it did. Mark my words, we will start next season with a roster that is not only capable of competing with grown men, but with two goals in mind: to get back to the top of the SEC and get back to the FF.

The roster will be fine. We'll have the players to be better than we have been the last several years when they are combined with a coach who actually coaches.

Reactions: TFCats11
Venturing into the unknown is always going to cause nerves and angst. Having a life long struggle with anxiety one of the things you learn is that anxiety and excitement are the same physiological response just interpreted by the emotional center of the brain differently.

While Mitch could bungle this and we could be worse off, I think we're in a decent spot with enough decent options in an era where quick rebuilds are possible that I'm keenly in the excitement camp. Let's go!

We will find out early during the Champions Classic whether or not the Fan Base is thrilled or pissed with the Hire.

I don't see panic. I see optimism and excitement abound. Not to mention a united fan base again. It's gonna be all good and we have our program back. Hallelujah

Reactions: yes_takeaside
I don't see panic. I see optimism and excitement abound. Not to mention a united fan base again. It's gonna be all good and we have our program back. Hallelujah

Everyone sees what they want to see. And it changes with the wind blowing. When BCG was hired there was optimism and excitement abounding. Remember Tubby not liking to recruit ? What did Gillispie do ? Starting recruiting 8th graders. Remember that ? Yes there is excitement but that will taper as soon as that first loss. Plus several will be mad no matter who is hired because he wasn't their "expert" choice.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
I know some are concerned with who will leave or stay. Am I the only one who remains calm about possibly putting a roster together of transfers who have experience and are grown men rather than keep a bunch of unproven incoming freshman, and some so-so sophomores. Perry, Somto, and Q are the only ones I'm truly excited to see come in. I think if they hire the right guy they will be able to get a competitive team in time for 24-25 season.
Feel same, because freshman statistically are almost completely irrelevant in championship games anymore. No hope going against someone that much stronger than you.

The story is we could've hired Izzo, but Michigan State wasn't eliminated yet. So we hired Billy.

Count me as we can wait. I wouldn't trade Izzo for Billy, Oscar, and Antonio. Hire the best coach, transfer Portal be damned.

How many starters in the championship game tonight were 5 star high school recruits. Hint - I can count them on Zero fingers.

I don't care about next year's roster or next year's Ws and Ls. The success will come. Kentucky basketball returns. Time to get back to what this program does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT