ADVERTISEMENT

Ozempic/Mounjaro

My doctor wants me on Mounjaro (diabetes), but the possible negative side effects scare the hell out of me. Something about possible paralysis of the digestive system. And I couldn't find anything on the long-term effects.

Reactions: Girthang
My wife started some knockoff weight loss thing she has to pick up at the Dr but we’re too poor for the Ozempic and real deal shit.

She’s lost like 35 pounds since the fall combined with 30 mins on the exercise bike 5-6 days a week. Lookin svelte. She likes the way she looks and so does Little Angus.

If she gets osteoporosis it’s a fair trade off. Just gotta try to not crush her brittle bones while I’m smashin that ass.

Our Daughter was on it for a bit and she had terrible stomach issues. She's off of it now thank God. What's good for some isn't good for others. IMO, nothing beats just good old hard work and dedication.

Shocking but only because i assumed everywhere had the craze. Anywhere in rural ky right now has basically everyone on ozempic or an alternative. Its really pretty crazy.

Im sure it isnt the ultra safe miracle drug as its pitched. It kind of doesn't matter as long as either the rate of or severity of side effects are low because its literally massively changing the health outcomes and improving the quality of life for so many.

Changing those outcomes also massively reduces the burden on the rural health providers by reducing the chronic health issues resulting from rampant obesity and diabetes.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Our Daughter was on it for a bit and she had terrible stomach issues. She's off of it now thank God. What's good for some isn't good for others. IMO, nothing beats just good old hard work and dedication.
While the hard work and dedication have a lot of truth to it, it’s not quite that simple either. Everyone’s metabolism isn’t the same. Two people can eat the same and exercise the same and one be much more overweight than the other.

• Haha
Reactions: Ron Mehico
While the hard work and dedication have a lot of truth to it, it’s not quite that simple either. Everyone’s metabolism isn’t the same. Two people can eat the same and exercise the same and one be much more overweight than the other.

It’s literally just an appetite suppressant AKA people were eating too much

I somewhat agree. What I do believe is that people are on way too many drugs. Our bodies aren't built to handle all this processed junk we eat and drink. We can reverse a lot of our ailments by just consuming what we should. It's not easy, however. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to that. But small changes lead to bigger ones. I'm not making this all about me, but when I eat like I should and excercise it makes all the difference. We can reverse a lot of what ails us by doing just that.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I somewhat agree. What I do believe is that people are on way too many drugs. Our bodies aren't built to handle all this processed junk we eat and drink. We can reverse a lot of our ailments by just consuming what we should. It's not easy, however. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to that. But small changes lead to bigger ones. I'm not making this all about me, but when I eat like I should and excercise it makes all the difference. We can reverse a lot of what ails us by doing just that.
I agree, and I am in that industry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT