ADVERTISEMENT

Oweh commits

You complain because players aren't being signed and then you complain about who gets signed. After the team is fully assembled you will complain about the style of play. If they win, all the stuff you are complaining/unhappy about should matter.

I'm objective which is lost on many posters. I said in other threads these guys are good players but don't fit what we were told he wants to do. The only takeaway is they're getting the best they can and will try to address the skillset with scheme.

I know ecstatic sunshine pumpers say he's suddenly a defensive coach but he never was before. So that doesn't add up.

We are going to be defense-minded it appears. Might be a lot of games in the 50s and 60s, but if we win, who cares, amirite?
I think by playing a smart, modern offensive system we can expect to be a top 50 offensive team basically by default (and hopefully higher), so really the question is what can we do on the defensive end? By the looks of it we’re putting together a team with real defensive potential. I’m excited. Everyone knows the stat about which teams have success in March. You need balance on both ends of the floor. This squad is looking like one that should be able to win in a variety of ways.

I'm objective which is lost on many posters. I said in other threads these guys are good players but don't fit what we were told he wants to do. The only takeaway is they're getting the best they can and will try to address the skillset with scheme.

I know ecstatic sunshine pumpers say he's suddenly a defensive coach but he never was before. So that doesn't add up.
That’s been his weakness at BYU and been our weakness the past few seasons. We had to get tougher on the defensive end if we wanna succeed.

Offense isn’t a worry cuz he’s a nice ass X&O’s coach. We have 8 spots left to fill for the offensive end.

We are starting from scratch …patience is gonna be needed.

You complain because players aren't being signed and then you complain about who gets signed. After the team is fully assembled you will complain about the style of play. If they win, all the stuff you are complaining/unhappy about shouldn't matter.
shhh stop making sense

We are going to be defense-minded it appears. Might be a lot of games in the 50s and 60s, but if we win, who cares, amirite?
They all have 50% from 2 or better. Carr and Osobor as well if we land them. Pope is putting together a very efficient team that can also defend really well. I see us holding our opponents to the 50's and us scoring 75-80+

I must say, this has taken me by surprise.

After hearing about how much his system emphasized three point shooting, I was totally not expecting his first commits to instead be a group of defensive badasses. But I like it.

Now it’s time for the shooters…
I totally agree . I was looking for him to take the best 3 point shooters he could find and not take the 3 best defenders.

Reactions: dl51344

The thing that does add up is your lack of knowledge about the game. You obviously learned nothing from watching last year's offensive juggernaut go up in smoke because they couldn't stop anyone. It doesn't matter about how many flashy points you score if you are unable to stop anyone. What doesn't add up is why you are on this board pretending to be a UK fan instead of the Arkansas board praising Cal for all of his recent NCs.

I must say, this has taken me by surprise.

After hearing about how much his system emphasized three point shooting, I was totally not expecting his first commits to instead be a group of defensive badasses. But I like it.

Now it’s time for the shooters…
This guy shot 37.7 % from 3 last year and Yravis and Chandler can know them down as well so so far so good

I think he might get a little bit of a pass on who he gets year one its not like he had long to get them. Damn I think the man is a miracle worker for the staff and players he has managed to get in 2 weeks. Some of you guys are unrealistic. Maybe we should have hired some of you guys sounds like you all would have killed it.

• Love
Reactions: Ugoff and ORCAT10
imagine this if you will :

Arkansas comes to Rupp

We press them into ****ing oblivion, cal has no idea how to beat the press

When they finally do beat it we play Zone, Cal also has no idea how to beat the zone, they chuck up bad shots and throw bad passes into turnovers

Final score : UK 71 Ark : 49

GET ****ED WOO PIG SOOIE YOUR HOG HEADED ASS BACK TO ARKANSAS

LFGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Last edited:
With the players we are getting so far, do y'all think full court press is coming back???
So Oweh and Butler both picked up the one all year and gave them lots of trouble. Looks like our pressure D may extend out some and if they get beat every now and then you have the best defensive 5 ready to protect the rim.

imagine this if you will :

Arkansas comes to Rupp

We press them into ****ing oblivion, cal has no idea how to beat the press

When they finally do beat it we play Zone, Cal also has no idea how to beat the zone, they chuck up bad shots and throw bad passes into turnovers

Final score : UK 71 Ark : 49

GET ****ED
Imma need 89-49. **** the cow and hogs

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
He damn sure shoots the rock better than Edwards and DJ. Those two put up enough bricks to build the new practice facility that Cal wanted. Lol

Strawman. They should've been parked on the bench but has nothing to do with the point at issue.

That’s been his weakness at BYU and been our weakness the past few seasons. We had to get tougher on the defensive end if we wanna succeed.

Offense isn’t a worry cuz he’s a nice ass X&O’s coach. We have 8 spots left to fill for the offensive end.

We are starting from scratch …patience is gonna be needed.

The thing that does add up is your lack of knowledge about the game. You obviously learned nothing from watching last year's offensive juggernaut go up in smoke because they couldn't stop anyone. It doesn't matter about how many flashy points you score if you are unable to stop anyone. What doesn't add up is why you are on this board pretending to be a UK fan instead of the Arkansas board praising Cal for all of his recent NCs.

All good defensive guys. We run a good offense. All true.

It's also true he elicited a roar when he implied we want to shoot the most 3s in the country. Offensive scheme has an effect on quality of shots but not quality of shooter. Hopefully they get their averages up. Even so, I don't see how anyone can debate these perimeter guys were top of our board

I made a post last season after one of the games (probably one against Texas A&M).....Men > Boys.
It looks like we will have the men this year and some defensive minded ones to boot.

Bring on those Arkansas Piglets!

Strawman. They should've been parked on the bench but has nothing to do with the point at issue.

All good defensive guys. We run a good offense. All true.

It's also true he elicited a roar when he implied we want to shoot the most 3s in the country. Offensive scheme has an effect on quality of shots but not quality of shooter. Hopefully they get their averages up. Even so, I don't see how anyone can debate these perimeter guys were top of our board
Bro …so you don’t think we gonna add any shooters?? We just gonna roll with what we got??

They all have 50% from 2 or better. Carr and Osobor as well if we land them. Pope is putting together a very efficient team that can also defend really well. I see us holding our opponents to the 50's and us scoring 75-80+
The Whinners are just not able to deal with guys who aren't 5-star OADs. They want the kind of players who provides no real improvement to the team. They come and they go having made no real difference.

I think he might get a little bit of a pass on who he gets year one its not like he had long to get them. Damn I think the man is a miracle worker for the staff and players he has managed to get in 2 weeks. Some of you guys are unrealistic. Maybe we should have hired some of you guys sounds like you all would have killed it.

I said in another post I think we're fine from here on, given the assistants. So I agree there. But I do think we're coming up short on this year's targets.

I also think it's just part of hiring a guy who never recruited at a high level nor had major nil experience. We were slow out of the gate and it cost us

Reactions: bookerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT