ADVERTISEMENT

Carr(4), Oweh(4), Butler(3), Williams(n/a), Chandler(4), Perry(4)

Oweh: 6'6" - SF
Butler: 6"2" - PG
Williams: 6'10" - C
Chandler: 6'5" - SG
Perry: 6'2" - PG

We need two centers, two power forwards, one/two more small forwards, one SG/PG.

The number in the parentheses ex. (4) is the player HS star rating.
It’s always good to recruit the highest rated talent you can but this shows that other players do in fact develop and that you can form a good team without just 5 stars.

Reactions: sosoblue
I believe all these guys are solid. We need a few more ballers to join. I hope Pope is looking into Canada and not just the USA.
He is in fact looking at a potential reclass five star from the stacked 25 class. We are already in his top 5 and working on a visit soon! Could play this year.

It may be too late for that. Nearly all the promising freshmen in this year’s class have already been plucked by others.

We still got two damn good ones in Chandler and Perry. Next year Pope can focus on bringing in a larger group of freshmen to join them.
I can’t wait to see this staff and who they can recruit with time.

Reactions: sosoblue
I’ve seen Perry in person several times and I agree with this . But you’re showing your age with the Steve Alford comparison. lol . Wonder how many people here remember him . The comparison was spot on though.

When Alford was still in college I read an article about his pro prospects that said, "Alford is a fantastic shooter who can bust a zone but they don't play zone in the NBA."

Reactions: yoshukai
I was reminded of Steve Alford at IU who played the same way.
This is a damn good comparison. Perry’s game is quite similar to Alford’s …same strengths, same weaknesses, same size, same style of play. And hopefully Perry will have a college career similar to Alford’s …dude led his team to a National Championship, was a two-time All American and won an Olympic Gold Medal.

Of course, I’m guessin a lot of folks here are too young to remember Alford as anything other than a mediocre coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT