ADVERTISEMENT

Over the years, who was your favorite non UK player to watch?

College
Johnny Dawkins
D'Wayne "Pearl" Washington
Walter Berry
Larry Johnson
Hakeem The Dream
Patrick Ewing
Len Bias
Allen Iverson
Hank Gathers
Sleepy Floyd
Isiah Thomas
Rudy Macklin
Dominique Wilkins
Charles Barkley
Darryl Griffith

Many many more. The middle to late 80's and and 90's was peak college basketball to me (86 high school grad). I actually loved the Big East with St. Johns (Walter Berry), Georgetown, Syracuse (Pearl Washington / Rony Seikaly), has some epic battles.

Walter Berry and Johnny Dawkins (Duke) are two of my top players I watched non UK. Pearl Washington I would try to copy my PG game after. Dawkins' shooting. Loyola Marymount, UNLV, Houston, and other teams had a very exciting style to watch. I probably left off 10-15 more players, but these was off the top of my head.

Denver Nuggets Carmelo Anthony. Guy gets way too much hate. Made it to the WCF when his best teammate was an out of his prime Allen Iverson and Chauncey Billups. Two really good players, but not NBA championship caliber at their ages.

Denver Nuggets Carmelo Anthony. Guy gets way too much hate. Made it to the WCF when his best teammate was an out of his prime Allen Iverson and Chauncey Billups. Two really good players, but not NBA championship caliber at their ages.
Iverson wasn’t on that squad. Billups was an all-star and 3rd team all NBA that year. That was a decent squad with 2 all stars and guys like JR Smith, Kenyon Martin and Nene.

Born in 1976 for reference. Sone guys that stand out:

Chris Jackson
Kevin Durant - that first freshman class with the elimination of straight out of HS
Hersey Hawkins
Mark Macon
Glenn Robinson
Steph Curry

Reactions: Fox2monk

Loved watching Magic Johnson with his no look passes more than any player I've ever watched.
Recently probably Steph Curry, I also like watching Anthony Edwards. Also Ja Morant is one of the most entertaining players to me. Edwards is gonna be amazing in the years to come. There are quite a few. Overall Jordan, McGrady, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Shaq, Nash, Duncan, Kidd, Barkley, Robinson, Durant, Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Miller. I can go on and on. I like watching different teams over the years too, like the Kings with Divac and Peja, Pacers with Miller, the Davis bros, Jackson, and Mullins. Knicks with Starks, Ewing, and again with Alan Houston and Spreewell. One of my all time favorites is Steve “The franchise” Francis.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukfan1622
White Chocolate always intrigued me, he was a true wild card every game he played.
Larry Bird was pretty good too!

Jason "White Chocolate" Williams was entertaining as could be. He could bring you out of your seat. Could you imagine a team with him, Magic Johnson, "Pistol" Pete Maravich & Ernie Digregorio all on the floor at the same time. One highlight after another, your eyes would cross just trying to follow the ball. It would be the most entertaining thing one could ever see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT