ADVERTISEMENT

Over the years, who was your favorite non UK player to watch?

I don’t really have a favorite non Kentucky player but sometimes when a guy transfers from UK, I will keep track if I liked the guy well enough.

If we are talking NBA, it’s easily Luka.

Pistol Pete has to be #1, Bird is right there,. Fly Williams was fun to watch because there was no telling what he would do during time-outs or before the game in warm-ups.

Wilkins and Barkley for pure basketball, Mc Daniels at WKU was entertaining(I was there at the same time and saw him play many times)

Reactions: emp3838
If i'm going by college basketball only lets see who comes to mind... 91 baby for reference

Jimmer
Steph Curry
KD
Carmelo
Kemba Walker - although I hate to list him.

Shawn Kemp was fun to watch. He lived to dunk on fools. Dirk Nowvitzkitszi & Tracy McGrady were super talented as well. Didn’t hurt they had Kentucky ties.

I always liked to watch Penny myself. He was a special player.

I was a big Dominque Wilkins fan. Liked Bird as well.

I enjoyed LaBradford Smith at Louisville when we weren’t allowed to be shown on live TV.

Darryl Dawkins.

Chocolate Thunder from the planet Lovetron

Spent his offseasons practicing interplanetary funkmanship with his girlfriend Juicy Lucy.

Kevin Durant, I had never seen anything like him. A 6’11-7’0 small forward who could handle and shoot. I was probably in the minority but I thought he should have been the #1 pick over Greg Oden in 2007. I had serious concerns about Oden’s motor and obviously the injuries maks him a great “what if” story. But I watched a lot of Texas games in Tubby’s last year.

John Havilcek

I never saw him play as a collegian. Only radio. But whenever the Celtics were on TV, I'd try to catch the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT