ADVERTISEMENT

Outside perspective

I took UK my wife took UF so we are gonna win between 88-96 bucks off free bets. But I really have no idea what to expect. We've looked really bad at times in all of our wins. We've scraped together some big plays on defense and special teams to make the numbers appear like nothing is wrong but if you've watched the games and have confidence in this team to play a complete game against a team with a pulse then I want what you're taking.

Either result wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: FltDoc
Sounded like the only thing he knows how to do is look up stats. He only knows Leary and daviss names and made several comments that were head scratchers

Reactions: Davae9 and rye48
We've scraped together some big plays on defense and special teams to make the numbers appear like nothing is wrong but if you've watched the games and have confidence in this team to play a complete game against a team with a pulse then I want what you're taking.

There is an element of truth to this, especially about the special teams, but it is way overstated. I have already watched a lot of college football this month, and I have yet to see a complete team or a consistent team. Every team still has its issues to address. So does FL, and so does UK. To say any team "with a pulse" takes our confidence away is obviously hyperbolic sarcasm unless you have seen a different team than I have been watching. There is no doubt that our QB has to play better, but his performance history says he will. As for the OL, I was pleasantly surprised to look at the stats and realize they are already much better than they were in 2022. And as much of a beatdown as Flax took here from our fans in the offseason, he has actually improved and played very well so far for the most part. A little more consistency in our run game would go a long way. Our coaches know that.

At the end of the day, we are 4-0 and we will soon be 5-0 if we beat a team we have already beaten three times in our last five attempts. In 2022, we beat them in their stadium. We are at home this time. We have to execute our game plan and cut down on mental errors, but they are up against the same challenge as the visiting team.

3 keys to the game

1. No turnovers

2. Protect Leary

3. Distate tempo

How’s that?
👍

A few more:
1. Need plus games from the WR

2. Get pressure on Mertz. Get him uncomfortable. Take him back to his Wisconsin days when he would crack and make mistakes.

3. Change up the offensive tempo at times. One thing I read was that Florida’s d is slow to get calls in from the sideline; take advantage.

Operative word there being "may". I like UK to win at home, but the hystrionics are a little over the top. Both of these teams are good.
You say hystrionics, I say opinion.
Stick to painting Rembrandt and I’ll handle the football.

Well that does it they guy on youtube with a backwards hat and novel glasses Wan Ted says we lose. I'm not even going to bother watching the game now 😁

Just a couple of things to pick it though. He said Leary's completion percentage was "not even 60%" right it's actually 59.3% and completion percentage is a combination of two players performance not one, the QB and the receiver. The vast majority of his throws have been on target, less a few over throws. Another thing was he kept talking about Florida's defense being so awesome but doesn't mention ours. Statistically our defense ranks higher than Florida i.e. opponents yards per play stat has Kentucky ranked 2nd nationally and Florida 38th.

My conclusion. Backwards hat funny glasses youtube guy just hates Kentucky 😁

Reactions: JasonRDunn
A quick glance of YouTube and all I saw were predictions picking Florida, except for SEC 14. I have no idea how this game goes. I know the early kick time did us no favor. That negates a lot of the home field advantage

#1 and 1A. - stop the run
You hit the nail on the head. If FL extends drives on the ground all day, we won't win unless we do it with multiple opportune takeaways. But if we can control FL's ground game, they will become very one dimensional offensively and it could look like the FL-UT game in SLC in week #1.

Another thing to keep in mind. FL's punter ranks last in the SEC, and UK is #1 in the SEC in defending punt returns. So if it becomes a ball-control, field position type of game, we would have an advantage there.

Florida is gonna try to run the ball and control time of possession. They also have a tendency for Mertz throw a lot of easy underneath passes early. Unfortunately, our defense is schemed to play a bit more off the ball in zone, and we typically play softer to keep everything in front of the corners. It would also not surprise me if White changes the scheme up this week with some wrinkles we have not shown in the previous four weeks.

If we can slow down the running game and keep Etienne in check, you have to think that we'll be in good shape on defense. The offense, on the other hand, has been too Jekyll and Hyde to this point to be confident in moving the ball consistently. It could honestly go either way, with my hope being that everyone is playing focused football.

The one thing we absolutely cannot do is turn the ball over or shoot ourselves in the foot with drops on offense. We don't beat UF this year unless we start playing smart and disciplined football.

Last edited:
Florida is gonna try to run the ball and control time of possession. They also have a tendency for Mertz throw a lot of easy underneath passes early. Unfortunately, our defense is schemed to play a bit more off the ball in zone, and we typically play softer to keep everything in front of the corners. It would also not surprise me if White changes the scheme up this week with some wrinkles we have not shown in the previous four weeks.

If we can slow down the running game and keep Etienne in check, you have to think that we'll be in good shape on defense. The offense, on the other hand, has been too Jekyll and Hyde to this point to be confident in moving the ball consistently. It could honestly go either way, with my hope that everyone is playing focused.

The one thing we absolutely cannot do is turn the ball over or shoot ourselves in the foot with drops on offense. We don't beat UF this year unless we start playing smart and disciplined football.

Last year FL turned the football over. Let's hope that happens again.

Point blank ,, UK is the better team again the UF
Your right, media putting too much hype on TN. victory. Tn. Is not that good and time will prove it. If Leary does not overthrow our receivers we win.

Have to win the penalty battle also. The turnover battle is obvious. The Pearsal kid scares me. He can do a little bit of everything.
Cole Cubelic just said UK wins tomorrow if our defense neutralizes Ricky Pearsall and our offense takes good care of the football.

I still think this game is about Brad White stopping FL's running game.

I agree. But Pearsall is so dangerous. He will take the 10 yard cushion and he will beat you deep. Sideline routes, over the middle, he can beat you all over the field. Surprised they haven't ran the wr jet sweep with him. I would look for that tomorrow if I know my football like I think I do.

I agree. But Pearsall is so dangerous. He will take the 10 yard cushion and he will beat you deep. Sideline routes, over the middle, he can beat you all over the field. Surprised they haven't ran the wr jet sweep with him. I would look for that tomorrow if I know my football like I think I do.
Napier probably hasn't opened up his full play book yet. Neither has Coach Coen. I expect some new material from both teams tomorrow.

Pearsall is a great receiver. But the receiver is only part of the passing game. Of course, the OL must protect the QB, and the QB has to deliver a catchable football. Vandy has three excellent receivers and a good QB. We shut them down. I am not comparing Pearsall to anyone, just pointing out that our defense is pretty good. I hope Coach White has a plan to get some pressure on Graham Mertz, and no doubt he does.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I’m not worried as much about Pearsall as I am Eugene Wilson(#3). The 5 star freshman has some wiggle in open field, think Barion Brown, but a more physical player than Brown. Napier really likes the kid as evident by the opening drive against UT. Wilson had 5 catches on that drive, but unfortunately for him, he was also injured. Didn’t play last week vs Charlotte. Kid is the X factor for this game for Florida.

Well that does it they guy on youtube with a backwards hat and novel glasses Wan Ted says we lose. I'm not even going to bother watching the game now 😁

Just a couple of things to pick it though. He said Leary's completion percentage was "not even 60%" right it's actually 59.3% and completion percentage is a combination of two players performance not one, the QB and the receiver. The vast majority of his throws have been on target, less a few over throws. Another thing was he kept talking about Florida's defense being so awesome but doesn't mention ours. Statistically our defense ranks higher than Florida i.e. opponents yards per play stat has Kentucky ranked 2nd nationally and Florida 38th.

My conclusion. Backwards hat funny g
lasses youtube guy just hates Kentucky 😁

I don't know who this guy is, but I see this game being a tough, physical game between 2 teams that are pretty evenly matched. The stats can be thrown out, UF has played a much tougher schedule, including 2 top 10 teams when they played. I think the game will come down to who makes the least mistakes. Turnovers, a penalty at a crucial time.

He fails to mention that isna Georgia fan. And adding an SEC loss to Kentucky benefits Georgia, directly.
There are no conflict of interest rules for sports analysts. Otherwise, all of them would have to recuse themselves.

IDC what anyone says prior to the UK-FL kickoff. We know what is at stake, and it is clear what our guys have to do. Control FL's run game, don't let Pearsall get behind our secondary, our STs have to outplay their STs, and we cannot turn the football over. There you have it. And I, too, have a conflict of interest.

Uncle lou is a drunk. Guy has SIX DUIs. And threatened to fight a teenager. And recorded himself driving near his house. He's a total embarrassment. Guy has two kids.
Gives off a pedo vibe. If we kill UF, everyone flood this clown’s YouTube account and let him know what a turd he is.

There you have it. And I, too, have a conflict of interest.
All true, Rembrandt90, but this is the guy that went on a cursing, spitting, frothing-at-the-mouth diatribe two years ago when Kentucky dared attempting to score in the final minute in Athens.

Low class ass.

I’ve never seen a losing team taking a knee at the end of a game.

All true, Rembrandt90, but this is the guy that went on a cursing, spitting, frothing-at-the-mouth diatribe two years ago when Kentucky dared attempting to score in the final minute in Athens.

Low class ass.

I’ve never seen a losing team taking a knee at the end of a game.
Because he lost money. He betted on UGA to cover and when we scored he lost money. He admitted it lol.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT