ADVERTISEMENT

Outback Bowl or Citrus Bowl?

Not going to happen but say Bama beats Ga. in Championship then they both go to Playoffs then it Ole Miss to Sugar and then could UK get The Peach?
Peach Bowl is a semifinal for the CFP I believe.

Doubt the Peach because we won’t be ranked high enough. They aren’t obligated to take an SEC team.
I wasn't sure how that works out. I always thought you had to be ranked in Top 12 to 15 heard someone mention that might not be the case. I got No Clue

Doubt the Peach because we won’t be ranked high enough. They aren’t obligated to take an SEC team.
Correct. To qualify for an an large NY6 bowl such as Peach you must be ranked, as a minimum, 12th. Depending on the other specifics you might need to be in the top 11 of even 10. Currently we and not in the top 25.

Reactions: backinky2018
Correct. To qualify for an an large NY6 bowl such as Peach you must be ranked, as a minimum, 12th. Depending on the other specifics you might need to be in the top 11 of even 10. Currently we and not in the top 25.
We're not going to a NY6 bowl, but the top 12 ranking isn't actually a hard and fast rule. Depending on the selection criteria and conference tie-ins, lower ranked teams have gone to them on occasion (9 out of 84 possible times).

Iowa or Wisconsin
God I don’t want to play either of those teams.

Iowa throws just well enough to hurt us, and their defense has a high interception rate.

Wisconsin isn’t scary but they have random games where they come out looking like a top ten team, I feel like with extra prep time they’re going to destroy a bowl opponent.

We're not going to a NY6 bowl, but the top 12 ranking isn't actually a hard and fast rule. Depending on the selection criteria and conference tie-ins, lower ranked teams have gone to them on occasion (9 out of 84 possible times).
That’s only if there is a conference tie-in. For example. Last year, Oregon got in to the Fiesta (Rose was a CFP bowl) at 25 because of the conference tie-in. They were the highest ranked PAC12 team. This year, UGA, Bama and Ole Miss will be the only SEC teams possible in NY6 bowls.

That’s only if there is a conference tie-in. For example. Last year, Oregon got in to the Fiesta (Rose was a CFP bowl) at 25 because of the conference tie-in. They were the highest ranked PAC12 team. This year, UGA, Bama and Ole Miss will be the only SEC teams possible in NY6 bowls.
Thanks for agreeing with me in an overly verbose manner.

Reactions: rupp876
We have to be more attractive than a lot of these teams ranked above us.

I mean these bowls want to sell tickets and get eyes on the game. You really think they want to take BYU over us?

All three things that HAD to happen this week for us to move up HAPPENED: Ole Miss beat Miss State. Alabama beat Auburn. LSU beat A&M

We finished alone with the 4th best record in the SEC, 9-3, behind UGA, Bama, Ole Miss. Everybody else has at least 4 losses. Whether that translates into a higher ranking and moves us up in the bowl pecking order is another story.

All three things that HAD to happen this week for us to move up HAPPENED: Ole Miss beat Miss State. Alabama beat Auburn. LSU beat A&M

We finished alone with the 4th best record in the SEC, 9-3, behind UGA, Bama, Ole Miss. Everybody else has at least 4 losses. Whether that translates into a higher ranking and moves us up in the bowl pecking order is another story.
I fully expect them to find some more G5 teams that did an amazing job beating the teams we consider cupcakes week in and out and saying how they deserve it more.

God I don’t want to play either of those teams.

Iowa throws just well enough to hurt us, and their defense has a high interception rate.

Wisconsin isn’t scary but they have random games where they come out looking like a top ten team, I feel like with extra prep time they’re going to destroy a bowl opponent.
The problem with Iowa is that they are the luckiest P5 team in the NCAA. And turnovers could be a problem. Iowa seems to win that battle a lot.

They were losing to Nebby 21-6. Then blocked punt for td, safety and fg. They ended up winning and their offense only scored one TD.

I wouldn't mind playing Minnesota in the Outback Bowl (if that's where we land). Iowa would bring a ton of fans. The Gophers probably wouldn't.
Wake Forest would be another fun one. They're better than UofL but, that isn't saying much.
Just don't want to play Penn State, Va Tech or NC State again. A new matchup please?

Reactions: BlueUKats39
Kinda amazing we finished 2nd in the East and 4th in the SEC.....but are unranked.

Citrus might prefer Arkansas
It will be interesting what the Citrus does with UK or Ark. Ark. Will be the higher ranked team of the 2 but UK has the better record and finished higher in the SEC overall. I assume Ark, fans travel well but the Citrus people have to remember how the UK fans invaded Orlando last tme.

It won’t be Penn St. Wis or Iowa most likely. Possibly still an outside shot with a matchup vs Mich St.

The Cotton and Orange are the CFP semifinals this year. Next year, the Peach is a semifinal game. Not sure what you’re trying to say.
Next year is 2022.

And the link clearly states that the Peach is a semifinal game THIS YEAR (meaning this season).

The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Returns this Winter!​

The Peach Bowl 2022 game is returning to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA this winter! As one of the two semi-final games of this year's College Football Playoff, the winner will advance to the National Championship game and a shot at a title — which means there's a lot on the line for these two historic programs. And you'll want to be there cheering them to victory and one step closer to immortality!
Check out the links below for more info about this year's game, and visit regularly for updates about future iterations. And be sure to score your Peach Bowl 2022 Tickets soon, before the best ones sell out!

• Haha
Reactions: entropy13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT