ADVERTISEMENT

Our upcoming home game against Gonzaga won't be a Q1

CatEye2010

Senior
Jan 5, 2010
As of now, they're a firm Q2, at #47. Crazy to think about! 0-4 in Q1 games. 10-5 record. Who'd of thunk it!

He is a Cal parrot. He doesn’t care because Cal doesn’t care.
He is right in a way. The NET is only a tool that the committee uses.

The other tool the committee uses is the "screw you" tool. Kentucky is the first team considered with the "screw you" tool. Whatever Kentucky's true seed line is by the NET, the screw you tool adjusts us down 1 seed line. We could have a resume worthy of a 1 seed, yet end up a 2 seed because of this tool.

As of now, we have around 5 Q1 opportunities in the SEC remaining: UT twice, Bama, USC (barely a Q1) and Auburn. Gotta win baby!
Go 3-2 against these Q1 opponents and equally important, DON’T LOSE against any of the non Q1 opponents and we finish the regular season with just 5 losses, giving us a damn good chance at a 1 seed as long as we reach the SEC tourney Final.

Not true. Nerd numbers matter in seeding unfortunately. Nothing the team can do except win the games on the schedule. Then wait for the committee to screw us in seeding as is done every year.

Last year they didn't screw us. 6 was more than we deserved IMO. We had a manageable path to elite 8. Ksu and msu weren't that good.

We had a 2 in 2022 and had murray state and Purdue to make elite 8.

2019 we got the 2 we deserved. We lost to a 5 seed in elite 8.

2018 we got a 4 with like 10 losses.

2017 we got a 2 and I'd argue if we got the 1 unc would have just been our 2.

I'm not buying the screw jobs of late. Now in 2016 they did and 2014 they did and 2011 they did. Not gonna go back any further.

Not true. Nerd numbers matter in seeding unfortunately. Nothing the team can do except win the games on the schedule. Then wait for the committee to screw us in seeding as is done every year.
You are arguing with the neighborhood imbecile. Just sayin.

Reactions: jjsomer
This is why you need to win the road games vs decent teams like A&M when you have the chance the home games will never be quad 1 vs the lesser SEC teams only vs Tenn, Auburn and Alabama will you get a home Q1 win.

Last year they didn't screw us. 6 was more than we deserved IMO. We had a manageable path to elite 8. Ksu and msu weren't that good.

We had a 2 in 2022 and had murray state and Purdue to make elite 8.

2019 we got the 2 we deserved. We lost to a 5 seed in elite 8.

2018 we got a 4 with like 10 losses.

2017 we got a 2 and I'd argue if we got the 1 unc would have just been our 2.

I'm not buying the screw jobs of late. Now in 2016 they did and 2014 they did and 2011 they did. Not gonna go back any further.
Hmm...are you new to UK basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT