ADVERTISEMENT

Our passing attack

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Someone explain to me why we throw 5 yard passes and 45 yard passes and almost nothing in between? Wilson has not shown any ability to throw the bomb and complete it, but we keep throwing them. Why?

Reactions: no1gman and fcats
Someone explain to me why we throw 5 yard passes and 45 yard passes and almost nothing in between? Wilson has not shown any ability to throw the bomb and complete it, but we keep throwing them. Why?

Like the 29 yard completion to Rigg? And the two to Conrad? Dude, you suck. Turn off your television and take a nap.

Reactions: TIE543
He's hit Conrad several times today mid range. Haven't done it enough all year, but today we are.

You must be watching a different game.

Agreed .But the passes looked pretty short to me and CJ picked a few extra yards. Maybe they were a bit longer than I originally thought. We still throw too many bombs considering we almost never complete one.

Reactions: no1gman
Caveman, maybe he was taking a nap. that's why he missed a few completions...

It was a frustrating WIN. But, it sucks seeing posters start new threads during the game to bitch about the crowd and mid-range passes. Some people are star complainers.

It was a frustrating WIN. But, it sucks seeing posters start new threads during the game to bitch about the crowd and mid-range passes. Some people are star complainers.
Yeah, I don't know how to feel about this W. I think Middle is better than a lot of us think. I saw some things from TW that is hopeful. I didn't like some of our defensive series. I do have a lot of respect for their OC tho

TW is getting better as he gets used to the speed of the SEC. I wish he was Dan Marino, but what he is is basically a freshman QB. His progress is adequate. Whats not adequate is the play calling on offense. Identifying who's fault that is will determine whether Stoops will be our coach in five years.

Overall Terry looked good today. A few boneheaded decisions but nothing that killed us. Ive dogged him on here plenty, and he deserves a tip of the hat for his play today.

Why Conrad has got more passes this yr is hard to figure this guy is a great TE..
CJ is as under/misused as Rondo was with Tubby. It defies logic. Cobb is a fair comparison since its football, but we still did more with Cobb overall. I feel like CJ will have a long and prolific NFL career and we will all be saying "told you so" years from now same as folks did for Rondo for a long while there. Total waste of immense talent by this staff. Frankly, it makes me angry as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: mktmaker and blubo
Stoops philosophy.... he likes the power run game. This is who we were even with Towles as QB.... short yards or bombs and nothing much in between.

I don’t agree with it but you can’t argue the climb we’ve made...... if stoops’ offense was better... he’d be at a top program coaching by now

Wilson ain't the problem - he was awesome today - he plays behind a horrible pass blocking oline the backs missed blitz pick ups and he plays for the most conservative head Coach in America

TW has trouble with medium range crossing routes and slants. He is often behind the receiver. He throws where the receiver is, not where the receiver will be when the ball arrives.
He had a problem with the long miss to Bowden (I think.). Bowden was open quick - 2 yards past DB - straight up the field and yet he waited till he ran Bowden towards the S & still missed by 3 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT