ADVERTISEMENT

Our Next Opp. is the Defending D2 National Champion

This is true but conversely I also feel like we had some unlucky breaks in 2017 and 2019.

I always wondered if those four years happened in reverse, if Cal would probably still be coaching here.
Yeah. If 17 and 19 resulted in titles, then he’s still here until the end of his contract. The heat wouldn’t have been as hot even if the lost 2017 trending numbers still looked the same. You give a 3 time national champion coach the program until he’s done.

With that said, if anyone could have made the fanbase want him gone even with another title or 2…it’s Cal with his condescending attitude and belittling remarks talking down like fans are ignorant, openly saying regular season and sect tourny games don’t matter other than to get to March (completely disregards the all time wins list) etc. The culture was broken but had it kept producing F4s every few years and a title every 7-10 then we would have tolerated being a minor league farm team and the sass

Yeah. If 17 and 19 resulted in titles, then he’s still here until the end of his contract. The heat wouldn’t have been as hot even if the lost 2017 trending numbers still looked the same. You give a 3 time national champion coach the program until he’s done.

With that said, if anyone could have made the fanbase want him gone even with another title or 2…it’s Cal with his condescending attitude and belittling remarks talking down like fans are ignorant, openly saying regular season and sect tourny games don’t matter other than to get to March (completely disregards the all time wins list) etc. The culture was broken but had it kept producing F4s every few years and a title every 7-10 then we would have tolerated being a minor league farm team and the sass

Yeah he kind of made his own bed. Ultimately it was the results that he had no choice but to move on but the other stuff certainly didn't help matters at all.

Yeah very low scoring game and a last second shot for them to get to the E8. That's part of it though.

It took luck for Virginia to win their title
Shoot, a couple of UCONN titles have been by luck (they were a last second shot in their own conference tourney from missing the big dance altogether).

All that to say, that we don't need to overlook them. We SHOULD easily win but remember this is a world where UofL lost to Wesleyan and 16 seeds have beaten 1 seeds, not once but twice now. Every opponent is worth giving your best.
The Virginia title, like the North Carolina title the year before, was a gift from the officials. Both teams had at least 2 to 3 games gift wrapped for them on their way to their championships.

It's Tuesday at 7pm and it's on SECN+. That means there are 2 days left for people to figure out how to watch it. Hopefully they are working on that.
I finally got there on the first game. Was able to watch on my computer. Did have some issues getting there though.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT