ADVERTISEMENT

Our guys dominating Mcd's 3 vs 3

If we get Bamba and Knox, we are going to have the deepest 3-5 team we've ever had.

Bamba
Humphries
Gabriel
Richards
Washington
Vanderbilt
Knox
SKJ (assuming he comes back)

Add to

Green
Diallo
Alexander
Briscoe (if he comes back)
Smith (Cal's newest possible target)

They are scrimmaging on espnu now. Goddamn announcers just keep yapping so I can't tell who is who or who is doing what. Call the effing game!

If we get Bamba and Knox, we are going to have the deepest 3-5 team we've ever had.

Bamba
Humphries
Gabriel
Richards
Washington
Vanderbilt
Knox
SKJ (assuming he comes back)

Add to

Green
Diallo
Alexander
Briscoe (if he comes back)
Smith (Cal's newest possible target)

its a roster that will likely lose 7-10 games, much like twins/randle team. but come the NCAAT no one will want to play us. but getting knox is the key that takes us to another level.

I'm skeptical that we get Knox. Just feels like the roster is a bit heavy at his spot. Bamba seems way more likely to me, but I honestly have no clue.

This is how many McDonald's AA since Cal has been at UK? How many NCAA championships has he won while at UK with all of these AA's..the same as Tubby Smith..I rest my case..

its a roster that will likely lose 7-10 games, much like twins/randle team. but come the NCAAT no one will want to play us. but getting knox is the key that takes us to another level.

if we get that roster, we'll lose 3-5 games tops. Then be national title favorite. Wayyy to tall, long, athletic and dynamic to not too.

JV can handle the ball like a guard and pass. Not sure MKG or Miller were as good with the ball as this kid. Now Miller was a good shooter amd MKG was a fierce competitor. If this kid is close to Miller in shooting or MKG in heart, he will be something with the way he can do everything else.
PJ is more in the mold of MKG in that he does a little bit of everything. Not sure if he has the motor or desire of MKG. Who does? But everything you hear is the he is a luch bucket guy that does some of everything. Last time UK had to forwards like that (Jones-MKG) things went pretty well.
Ain't even talked about Gabriel or SKJ.

We'll see how Wednesdays game goes, but If all we lose is 3 freshman + 3 seniors i like our current 17/18 team + Knox...

Bamba is very raw and slight of build...KG level upside but I don't think will provide much more than shot blocking in his one year of college...could even be like Skal a kid Cal will play despite our teams best interests to preserve his draft status.

Bamba would be a luxury, Knox fills a need imo...both would be nice if someone else departs, but If I had to pick one its Knox to win in 2018.

If Cal has reached out to 4 star guard Smith maybe we're losing someone else or he doesn't think we will land either above/hedging his bets.

it's a great ride, fun to speculate and have such options at UK. we are so spoiled...lol

We'll see how Wednesdays game goes, but If all we lose is 3 freshman + 3 seniors i like our current 17/18 team + Knox...

Bamba is very raw and slight of build...KG level upside but I don't think will provide much more than shot blocking in his one year of college...could even be like Skal a kid Cal will play despite our teams best interests to preserve his draft status.

Bamba would be a luxury, Knox fills a need imo...both would be nice if someone else departs, but If I had to pick one its Knox to win in 2018.

If Cal has reached out to 4 star guard Smith maybe we're losing someone else or he doesn't think we will land either above/hedging his bets.

it's a great ride, fun to speculate and have such options at UK. we are so spoiled...lol
I agree on Bamba, would obviously love to have him, but dont know how much he helps next year. It is obvious this team needs shooters which Cal is now going after.

IMHO, we need Briscoe and Gabriel back plus Knox and Bamba to have a legitimate shot at a title next year. Those four with Diallo would give us a killer starting 5, IMHO. With Green, Vanderbilt, Washington, Killeya-Jones, and Richards off the bench. That's 10 five star players from their class. That's some serious talent.

Without those four, it's a "bridge" year. We will struggle, but I think we will get a few guys back for 18-19.

Worst case scenario, we could be looking at Green, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington, and Richards starting with Alexander, Killeya-Jones, Humphries, Wynyard, and another guard (Smith, Baker, grad transfer?) on the bench.

Either way, should be another interesting ride.

Honestly, I think Briscoe and Gabriel leave and we get Bamba, but miss on Knox.

Green, Diallo, and Bamba start every game while Vanderbilt, Washington, and Richards take turns as the other two starters. Alexander and Humphries finish out the 8-man rotation. We probably add another guard or two as well for depth.

Then 18-19 we could be stacked again with some talent returning to put with 3-4 OAD studs.

What have we heard about Knox in the last 48 hours? Seems a lot of people above are penciling him in.

Coach K is literally clearing out his roster, as we speak, to land every remaining recruit..

Love Washington. Reminds me a bit of Erik Daniels with his passing ability for a 4 man. Or maybe a skinnier Draymond Green. He's a jack of all trades type of player.
I hope you are right. Daniels was one of my favorite Cats ever

if we get that roster, we'll lose 3-5 games tops. Then be national title favorite. Wayyy to tall, long, athletic and dynamic to not too.
No way.

This might be the youngest roster we will have had - the two other youngest rosters were the '13 and '14 teams.

3-5 games tops means that you expect next year's team to perform better than this year's team.

I expect this team to be most comparable to the '14 team, but they seem to have better chemistry from the jump + they enjoy the benefits of a summer trip if I'm not mistaken.

Those guys lost 11, so I'd guess 7-9 for this squad, depending on how things go. Maybe maaaybe 5 or 6 if we get Bamba *and* he turns out to be a monster.

I think they'll start stronger, but coaches will start to figure out our gaps - most notably, that we won't have the personnel to shut down an attack featuring multiple quick perimeter threats.

No way.

This might be the youngest roster we will have had - the two other youngest rosters were the '13 and '14 teams.

3-5 games tops means that you expect next year's team to perform better than this year's team.

I expect this team to be most comparable to the '14 team, but they seem to have better chemistry from the jump + they enjoy the benefits of a summer trip if I'm not mistaken.

Those guys lost 11, so I'd guess 7-9 for this squad, depending on how things go. Maybe maaaybe 5 or 6 if we get Bamba *and* he turns out to be a monster.

I think they'll start stronger, but coaches will start to figure out our gaps - most notably, that we won't have the personnel to shut down an attack featuring multiple quick perimeter threats.

Pay Attention...

The roster that was suggested isn't that young.

the roster had Junior Briscoe / Humphries. Gabriel and SKJ back.

Not to mention, it added Bamba AND Knox.

IMHO, we need Briscoe and Gabriel back plus Knox and Bamba to have a legitimate shot at a title next year. Those four with Diallo would give us a killer starting 5, IMHO. With Green, Vanderbilt, Washington, Killeya-Jones, and Richards off the bench. That's 10 five star players from their class. That's some serious talent.

Without those four, it's a "bridge" year. We will struggle, but I think we will get a few guys back for 18-19.

Worst case scenario, we could be looking at Green, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington, and Richards starting with Alexander, Killeya-Jones, Humphries, Wynyard, and another guard (Smith, Baker, grad transfer?) on the bench.

Either way, should be another interesting ride.

Honestly, I think Briscoe and Gabriel leave and we get Bamba, but miss on Knox.

Green, Diallo, and Bamba start every game while Vanderbilt, Washington, and Richards take turns as the other two starters. Alexander and Humphries finish out the 8-man rotation. We probably add another guard or two as well for depth.

Then 18-19 we could be stacked again with some talent returning to put with 3-4 OAD studs.

i disagree with this. You don't need Briscoe/Gabriel back, and Bamba/knox to be a title contender.

Just think about this year. You have Fox/Monk/Bam trio, and we were title contender. Then we have Briscoe/Willis to close the starting rotation. Bam isn't a lotto player. We had no interior game.

Pay Attention...

The roster that was suggested isn't that young.

the roster had Junior Briscoe / Humphries. Gabriel and SKJ back.

Not to mention, it added Bamba AND Knox.
Oh yeah - that's my fault.

Yes, you're right - that team loses 3-5.

Reactions: WildMoon
ADVERTISEMENT