ADVERTISEMENT

Our deepening talent pool!

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I just spent 5 minutes on TOS, which has a ranking of Kentucky’s best recruits since the year 2000.

During the 25 year time period from 2000-2024, our Number One recruit was Antonio Hall, according to these rankings.

I just did a quick count: of the Top 100 the last 25 years, 35 are currently on the team or are committed for the ‘24 Class.

Had I counted those who are now transferred since the 2000 class, that would have been 41 of our top 100 since 2000.

If 40% of your top recruits the last twenty-five years are still learning to shave, that shows a pretty strong uptick of quality recruiting.

Interestingly, two of our three commitments for 2024 are in this listing of the Top 100. Aba Selm at 85th, and Cutter Boley at 10th.

Hayes Johnson appears at a respectable 160th on the same list.

Last edited:
I just spent 5 minutes on TOS, which has a ranking of Kentucky’s best recruits since the year 2000.

During the 25 year time period from 2000-2024, our Number One recruit was Antonio Hall, according to these rankings.

I just did a quick count: of the Top 100 the last 25 years, 34 are currently on the team or are committed for the ‘24 Class.

Had I counted those who are now transferred since the 2000 class, that would have been 40 of our top 100 since 2000.

If 40% of your top recruits the last twenty-five years are still learning to shave, that shows a pretty strong uptick of quality recruiting.

Interestingly, two of our three commitments for 2024 are in this listing of the Top 100. Aba Selm at 85th, and Cutter Boley at 10th.

Reactions: Daniel1962
Man, I remember a few months ago when we were falling apart and about to turn into Vanderbilt. My how things have changed.
In every fan base, there is an annual cycle of sentiment. In the preseason, the record is 0-0 and hope springs eternal. Once the season comes, fans start finding fault regardless of the record. This illustrates how many fans tend to live vicariously through their favorite sports teams. It may or may not be healthy, but it drives the lucrative sports TV and licensed paraphernalia economies. This, in turn, redirects more money back into the athletics departments, with SEC schools profiting far above everyone else in college athletics.

Fair weather fans are irritating, but it is common for people to be drawn to success and repelled by disappointment. The less core conviction a person has, the more they may be influenced by weekly successes or disappointments. We do not need to be brain surgeons to understand how this works.

But at the end of the day, I see two categories of UK fans now. Those who have given their money directly to the 15 Club and those who haven't. Among those who still haven't stepped up and contributed, the big talkers who continue to rale against UK or Barnhart are really hypocritical and especially annoying. There are still a lot of these dim creatures of habit around.

Last edited:

I just did a quick count: of the Top 100 the last 25 years, 35 are currently on the team or are committed for the ‘24 Class.

Had I counted those who are now transferred since the 2000 class, that would have been 41 of our top 100 since 2000.

Look at you w your Kentucky HS diploma!!

The circuit boards at the KY Ed Assoc are blowing up just about right now!!

That’s phenomenal work man seriously. I’m def too lazy to do it

• Haha
Reactions: Lost In FL
In every fan base, there is an annual cycle of sentiment. In the preseason, the record is 0-0 and hope springs eternal. Once the season comes, fans start finding fault regardless of the record. This illustrates how many fans tend to live vicariously through their favorite sports teams. It may or may not be healthy, but it drives the lucrative sports TV and licensed paraphernalia economies. This, in turn, redirects more money back into the athletics departments, with SEC schools profiting far above everyone else in college athletics.

Fair weather fans are irritating, but it is common for people to be drawn to success and repelled by disappointment. The less core conviction a person has, the more they may be influenced by weekly successes or disappointments. We do not need to be brain surgeons to understand how this works.

But at the end of the day, I see two categories of UK fans now. Those who have given their money directly to the 15 Club and those who haven't. Among those who still haven't stepped up and contributed, the big talkers who continue to rale against UK or Barnhart are really hypocritical and especially annoying. There are still a lot of these dim creatures of habit around.
So I’m less of a fan if I don’t contribute to the NIL slush fund? Buying tix isn’t indicative of being a real fan? If I buy product from the business that sponsee NIL…what is that?

What if I prefer to raise my family, give money to church/others in need, etc I guess those things that are higher priority then slush funding athletes further do indeed make me less of a fan

So I’m less of a fan if I don’t contribute to the NIL slush fund? Buying tix isn’t indicative of being a real fan? If I buy product from the business that sponsee NIL…what is that?

What if I prefer to raise my family, give money to church/others in need, etc I guess those things that are higher priority then slush funding athletes further do indeed make me less of a fan
Rembrandt was referencing those bitching at Barnhart about NIL, when doing nothing themselves.

You may not be one his post was aimed at.

So I’m less of a fan if I don’t contribute to the NIL slush fund? Buying tix isn’t indicative of being a real fan?

Who said that? It doesn't matter whether you are less of a fan. You are what you are. So here is what I would say. Buying tickets contributes to the revenue stream and is done for your own entertainment. Contributing to NIL is a selfless expression of participation and support for the program. Not everyone participates in selfless acts, but some fans are participating in support of NIL. If you want to, then do it. If you don't want to, then don't.

For a number of reasons, contributing to NIL is good. One reason is that participation compels one to learn the rules. Wouldn't you agree, we continue to see a group of posters on this board who blame Barnhart for the imagined and contrived problems with NIL? The actual truth is that NIL must come from private sources by rule, and Barnhart can't touch it. The school's tangible support for its athletes continues to be regulated, and that expressly controls Barnhart's options and actions as a UK employee.

Is that a real question? Why would anyone here care? Those actions and decisions are not mutually exclusive. But this is a UK football board. I give resources to charities, but I don't post that in a public discussion of football unless confronted about it. In a discussion about NIL, the relevant issues are, do we understand the rules, and are we participating? If you also happen to give to the March of Dimes or the CrowdFundMe for Daniel Penny, the sort of thing that many of our fans do, what would that have to do with UK football?

Last edited:
Rembrandt was referencing those bitching at Barnhart about NIL, when doing nothing themselves.

You may not be one his post was aimed at.
Wait. Isn’t raising money for the athletic program the JOB of the AD.
? Since when is it the fans job. Of course you can bitch at Barnhart while doing nothing yourself. It’s his job not yours.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Wait. Isn’t raising money for the athletic program the JOB of the AD.
? Since when is it the fans job. Of course you can bitch at Barnhart while doing nothing yourself. It’s his job not yours.
I wish people would educate themselves about the rules. It's online. Anyone with initiative can read it. The school cannot touch NIL. If you believe otherwise, you are misinformed. If you are griping about Barnhart for something he cannot influence or control by rule, you are not only misinformed but you are also demonstrating your willingness to speak publicly against our school over manufactured criticisms. Just read the rules.

Who said that? It doesn't matter whether you are less of a fan. You are what you are. So here is what I would say. Buying tickets contributes to the revenue stream and is done for your own entertainment. Contributing to NIL is a selfless expression of participation and support for the program. Not everyone participates in selfless acts, but some fans are participating in support of NIL. If you want to, then do it. If you don't want to, then don't.

For a number of reasons, contributing to NIL is good. One reason is that participation compels one to learn the rules. Wouldn't you agree, we continue to see a group of posters on this board who blame Barnhart for the imagined and contrived problems with NIL? The actual truth is that NIL must come from private sources by rule, and Barnhart can't touch it. The school's tangible support for its athletes continues to be regulated, and that expressly controls Barnhart's options and actions as a UK employee.

Is that a real question? Why would anyone here care? Those actions and decisions are not mutually exclusive. But this is a UK football board. I give resources to charities, but I don't post that in a public discussion of football unless confronted about it. In a discussion about NIL, the relevant issues are, do we understand the rules, and are we participating? If you also happen to give to the March of Dimes or the CrowdFundMe for Daniel Penny, the sort of thing that many of our fans do, what would that have to do with UK football?
This is what you posted below. 2 categories of UK fans are NIL vs. non NIL. (and some fo the non NIL are "dim creatures ").

1. I think the negativity to Barnhardt last summer was NIL was confused, Stoops/Marrow were in media stating it's not where it needs to be yet (but working on it).
2. I do think it all worked out and UK is in a solid position now. We obviously participated to get Leary here. Sounds like we had to protect guys like Barion Brown and D Walker to stick with UK....(and lost Justin Rogers to a higher bidder).
3. Going forward people have access to contribute to NIL if they want on small levels and obviously bigger donors will have ways to contribute as well.

We'll see how UK stacks up in aggressive SEC world. IT ain't going to be easy.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
This is what you posted below. 2 categories of UK fans are NIL vs. non NIL. (and some fo the non NIL are "dim creatures ").

1. I think the negativity to Barnhardt last summer was NIL was confused, Stoops/Marrow were in media stating it's not where it needs to be yet (but working on it).
2. I do think it all worked out and UK is in a solid position now. We obviously participated to get Leary here. Sounds like we had to protect guys like Barion Brown and D Walker to stick with UK....(and lost Justin Rogers to a higher bidder).
3. Going forward people have access to contribute to NIL if they want on small levels and obviously bigger donors will have ways to contribute as well.

We'll see how UK stacks up in aggressive SEC world. IT ain't going to be easy.

And I stand by that. And I have already responded to your criticism, as you know. I did not suggest there is anything wrong with people purchasing tickets. That's silly. I am a frequent purchaser of tickets myself. But let's not pretend like purchasing tickets is a selfless act of support for the school. You are buying a marketed product for entertainment. People do this every day for their own reasons. Entertainment is a commodity.

If you want to buy tickets, that places you in a large group. What's the big deal? If you want to contribute to Club 15, that places you in a smaller group of selfless supporters of our athletics programs. It's good to see many people are contributing to Club 15. Join us in this activity if you want. Or don't. I'm not sure what else to say about it.

I wish people would educate themselves about the rules. It's online. Anyone with initiative can read it. The school cannot touch NIL. If you believe otherwise, you are misinformed. If you are griping about Barnhart for something he cannot influence or control by rule, you are not only misinformed but you are also demonstrating your willingness to speak publicly against our school over manufactured criticisms. Just read the rules.
What you say is correct, but Barnhart actively opposed for over a year and now he may not oppose it, but he certainly doesn't publicly support it, as most of his colleagues do. As a Floridian, I consistently see UF, FSU and even USF's ADs pleading with their fans at press conferences to give what they can to the collectives, explaining that is now the lifeblood of the recruiting process. Until Mitch becomes a fountain he will be continue to be a drain.

Reactions: catben
What you say is correct, but Barnhart actively opposed for over a year and now he may not oppose it, but he certainly doesn't publicly support it, as most of his colleagues do. As a Floridian, I consistently see UF, FSU and even USF's ADs pleading with their fans at press conferences to give what they can to the collectives, explaining that is now the lifeblood of the recruiting process. Until Mitch becomes a fountain he will be continue to be a drain.
No he didn’t actively oppose it and you couldn’t say how he actively opposed it if your life depended on it. Y’all make these claims and can’t back it up with anything or actually explain it. The only thing y’all did was spread false information about NIL while not giving to NIL all while complaining about the AD not supporting NIL.

I’ll ask again, how did he actively oppose NIL?

Reactions: Rembrandt90
No he didn’t actively oppose it and you couldn’t say how he actively opposed it if your life depended on it. Y’all make these claims and can’t back it up with anything or actually explain it. The only thing y’all did was spread false information about NIL while not giving to NIL all while complaining about the AD not supporting NIL.

I’ll ask again, how did he actively oppose NIL?
Thank you. This is negative people repeating what they have heard from other negative people.

As I have explained before, Barnhart is not a dictator. Barnhart is not riding around out there like a cowboy, screaming yahoo and doing crazy stuff on his own. Barnhart works under the supervision of the Board of Trustees Committee on Athletics. Any significant budgetary or policy decision he makes must be supported and approved by the Committee on Athletics. If Barnhart was acting contrary to the department's best interests, he would be reeled in by the Committee.

Regardless of what anyone believes, the schools cannot be involved in NIL. That's what the rules say. Barnhart plays by the rules, and everything he has done has been planned and intended for the betterment of our athletics department.

And BTW, FL Athetics Director Scott Stricklin is in serious trouble and probably won't last much longer. Anyone can see that all of FL's major athletics programs are hurting and going in the wrong direction. FL's fans hate Stricklin. Occupational hazard, I guess. Is this the guy our fans want our own AD to model his behavior after? No.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine accusing someone of something and not being to say specifically what they did. It’s embarrassing at this point. We even have fans on the basketball board whining about NIL with the #1 recruiting class.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine accusing someone of something and not being to say specifically what they did. It’s embarrassing at this point. We even have fans on the basketball board whining about NIL with the #1 recruiting class.
It is happening because people do not understand NIL rules. Reading the whining comments, the people think the University can pay players now or at least cut deals of that nature. But the University cannot. The NCAA has never gone to any lengths to explain its new rules to the public. Not that they have to. The main thing is that the member schools must understand and follow the rules. Some people will always complain because it is their nature. The internet attracts them because they feel it gives them a platform and an audience.

Reactions: SECCountry75

For a Rembrandt rail > rale

Shoes are over rated unless you’re walking on gravel or in snow. Socks on the other hand are under appreciated

Got some big time guys camping starting next week, hoping we’ll snag a couple of highly coveted guys. We’re in on a lot of talent and and saying it’s huge having Boley in early is an understatement. The defense is there so if Coen gets this offense ramped up then it could be a really good year and hopefully leads to a great class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT