ADVERTISEMENT

Our conundrum concerning nil

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
UL announcers are making fun of us because our nil attempt has only raised 50K. Theirs has raised 500K and should easily get to one million . At which point a wealthy donor Ric somebody will match it with another million for two million to our 50 K ,
But here is our problem. If we give to our NIL Cal will just give it to freshmen who we know cannot give us what we want a NCAA championship . So we are screwed if we give or don’t. Give .
Which is why people like Mr Craft have washed their hands of the situation .
Can’t blame him or other donors . What a mess .

If there is any justice in this matter Cal should pay two million out of his nine million since his stubborn refusal to stop being a development program for the nba put us in this position

UL announcers are making fun of us because our nil attempt has only raised 50K. Theirs has raised 500K and should easily get to one million . At which point a wealthy donor Ric somebody will match it with another million for two million to our 50 K ,
But here is our problem. If we give to our NIL Cal will just give it to freshmen who we know cannot give us what we want a NCAA championship . So we are screwed if we give or don’t. Give .

If there is any justice in this matter Cal should pay two million out of his nine million since his stubborn refusal to stop being a development program for the nba put us in this position
The way I see it cal should be getting his guys making over a billion dollars to give back

I feel like Cal should at least be able to get some money from our players in the NBA with big contracts. Pretty embarrassing Louisville is raising more money than us, but it's not surprising at all. Don't know who would be motivated to donate after what's transpired with the basketball program. Kind of a self-serving downward spiral - we stink so no one wants to donate to a poor product, therefore we don't have the money to buy transfers, and then we stink again. And the cycle repeats

All the multi millionaires calipari brags about in the league, why can't they foot a little of the NIL bill? We the fans, are expected to cover it. Funny.

They can do whatever they desire with their fortunes. But I'll be damned if I sit around and celebrate their massive payday, giving nothing back, and Cal expects us to be proud. Screw that

Last edited:
If we do not have at least a decent NIL program then how does Cal go out and get the second best recruiting class in the country. I dare say our NIL program must be better than most people on here would care to admit.
We have our share of donors. Otherwise we would never get players. This crowdfunding effort is to get contributions from people like me and you.

Reactions: 1war
If we do not have at least a decent NIL program then how does Cal go out and get the second best recruiting class in the country. I dare say our NIL program must be better than most people on here would care to admit.
Respectfully, I would argue that most other schools get the fact that recruiting has changed . It’s much better to use your NIL on junior college players who have proven themselves rather than six or seven freshmen who as we have seen sometimes are of no help during their one year in college . Hard to predict which freshmen will succeed right away but with transfers you have a proven product .

Therefore Cal probably no longer has that much competition for one and does since as Jay wright and a host of other national reporters have opined that you cannot win with a freshmen laden team .
That’s my take but I respect your opinion.

Yeah the La Familia thing has already been open for his ex-players in the NBA and other big donors. This is just the public facing aspect that was announced last month.

I think most fans are voting Cal out with their wallets. He's going to find it tough sledding getting financial backing. Why would anyone voluntarily fund his nonsense?

The way I see it cal should be getting his guys making over a billion dollars to give back
This.

Cal brags about how his former players are on the cusp of making $4 billion in combined earnings. Cal himself has made over $110 million in is lifetime.

They can collectively contribute a few million to the fund in order to generate some excitement each year.

Cal will be gone next year or worst case the year after that. NIL still needs to be strong for the next coach. I understand some not wanting to give NIL until he's gone.. but we really need to make sure our NIL situation is one of the strongest in the nation.

Don't love that Cal would seemingly give it to the freshman.. but again, we got 1 or 2 more years of this.

If Cal's only concern is to get guys drafted, then his former players can foot the bill for it. When Cal decides that winning is most important, the fans will be able to tell. I have no doubt that if the fans felt he was in it for winning over getting guys to the league that they would have already reached their goals. I look at this as an opportunity for the fans to further voice their ire over the current situation by refusing to contribute.

I would go to HR right now and start putting $20 a check right into Reeds bank account if he comes back next year

Kellen Grady. Mintz. Oscar. Reeves. Toppin. Wheeler. Mitchell. CJ Fredrick. Olivier Sarr.
Where is this horse shit coming from that Cal won't use the portal?
And that's the reason we can't win the tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT