ADVERTISEMENT

Other Super Regional Action

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
First time keeping up this much detail
First half of the bracket started yesterday
Some interesting symmetry.
Each matchup is a number 1 seed vs a 3 or 4, with 1s winning yesterday.

Tennessee beat underdog Evansville
Florida State walloped Uconn 24-4
North Carolina beat Weat Virginia
Virginia beat Kansas State.

Games are being played now that people may find... interesting.

Damn, I jinxed it. Tennessee is about to have a great comeback, Evansville is rattled. Well, there's a reason they are the one seed, and Evansville was lucky to make it. Plus , home plate umpire is int the pocket. Tennesse fans deserve this kind of success, so that's good.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
How the hell does TN get 2 games before UK gets one? Gives their pitching staff more rest, a huge advantage in the next round. Maybe TN eventually will play somebody other than mid-majors.

I am so torn about this. On one hand, I want to root for other SEC teams, especially since the ACC already has the first 3 teams in the CWS, but on the other, it is the hated Vols, and assuming they get to Omaha, I don't want to have to play them. Not to mention that everybody (except Vol fans) love a Cinderella.

I am so torn about this. On one hand, I want to root for other SEC teams, especially since the ACC already has the first 3 teams in the CWS, but on the other, it is the hated Vols, and assuming they get to Omaha, I don't want to have to play them. Not to mention that everybody (except Vol fans) love a Cinderella.
Uh, not sure why this is even a decision. Screw the SEC, I want the vols to lose 1000 times out of 1000 when they're playing evansville.

Georgia wasting no time to get revenge. Up 7-0 in 4th.

There is a possibility that CWS is simply 3 to 5 sec teams vs 3 to 5 acc teams.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Uh, not sure why this is even a decision. Screw the SEC, I want the vols to lose 1000 times out of 1000 when they're playing evansville.
That is actually my first thought. I went to UK from 74-78 when cheaters Ernie and Bernie were on the UT basketball team and our football rivalry was strong. Our motto was "nothing sucks like a big orange".

Agree
I would never ever root for Tennessee for any sport or any reason. Their fans are so nasty.

I guess there was a chance our game could have been moved up to 6 tonight if UT had won yesterday but yea F UT.

Highly unlikely UT and UK would play anyways in Omaha, unless both make title game.

So F UT all day and every day.

Reactions: RogerIndy and K86
Our game is gonna get bumped to ESPN news or ESPN + if I am looking correctly at the guide.
ESPN Dodgers vs Yankees
Deuce A&M vs Oregon
U Evansville vs ut will not start until 7:15

Reactions: bluecoon1
Players and Coaches getting ejected. Wild game between UF and CU. UF pulled it out in a wild finish.

Regardless of the UGA/NCSt game….College World Series is all SEC and ACC.

Too bad they can’t reshuffle so SEC plays ACC if possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT