ADVERTISEMENT

Other message boards.

I don't post any different than I would if my real name was on here ... but no thank you

I have noticed that two other UK message boards are gaining members. I joined both and I have to say it is refreshing to be able to actually talk UK basketball. The members on both forums must use their own name. I think that one change would help this board immensely. jmo
So since you found these great new message boards and also dislike this one, are you going over there for good? Just curious. Seems like if I found a better job, I wouldn't go back to the job I hated and keep telling everyone about it.

I'd simply move on.

Is that what you intend to do?

It has become more and more challenging with the influx of new accounts to decipher who’s real and who is a fake UK fan here to simply stir the pot and make real UK fans look bad. There’s clearly a TON of those accounts here.

I have noticed that two other UK message boards are gaining members. I joined both and I have to say it is refreshing to be able to actually talk UK basketball. The members on both forums must use their own name. I think that one change would help this board immensely. jmo
What boards are they, think I might enjoy that better too?

Reactions: Mike_Edwards
Never would use my real name here. Not sure if anyone from my neck of the woods in KY have figured out who I am since I arrived in 2006, but I doubt it. I don't know anyone on here personally and haven't come close to saying to myself "heyyy, I think I know that person". Even the ones that have said they grew up in my same county and went to the same high school.

I did meet an old Catspause member at a UK vs. UCLA game in California many many years ago. Hank something or another (not the old hankshaker). But that's it. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to meet any of you. Hahaha!

Last edited:
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
So since you found these great new message boards and also dislike this one, are you going over there for good? Just curious. Seems like if I found a better job, I wouldn't go back to the job I hated and keep telling everyone about it.

I'd simply move on.

Is that what you intend to do?
I see you have been reading your old Dale Carnegie book again.
I will hang around here on occasion, thank you.

Remember that guy who posted here who used his real name and a couple of posters got him fired from his job?
What was the story behind that? Did his job have some sort of rule against personal internet use during work hours? That's a messed up thing to do to someone.

Well I already use my own name so..........

Reactions: sk73
I like that this board remains very active...after all these many years and numerous proclamations by media knowitall's that "message boards are dead or for old people".
People still want to engage with each other about common interests and themes. I'm willing to bet this board will still be in existence long after "KSR+" is but a distant, fading memory.

I'll use my real name. John Beresford Tipton.

(see how many people recognize "me")

Could you give the names of those sites?

What boards are they, think I might enjoy that better too?
BBN. It may have been around for a while but I like it. It is not as large as this one but it provides interesting coversations. The other one is on FB. Many on here have made fun of it but it has some good people involved.
Could you give the names of those sites?
One is True Kentucky Basketball fans. It is on Facebook. It is not active like this place but it is interesting. Several on this board have downplayed it but it is because they wouldnt be allowed on the site for long. It is growing. I have to go back and get the official name for the other one.

Reactions: ORCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT