ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What will Stephen A. Smith

Thibs is to injuring his players as Craig Counsell is to a pitching staff he manages. They'll all end up broken down and wrecked but the fans will get caught up in the journey which ends short of what you want and eventually fails/collapses because everyone is injured.

Playing hard is great-but you can't play an NBA season like every game is Game 7--you need to utilize/develop a bench and then about February-play out the year in building for Playoffs. To grind and load minutes on guys from Oct-January is suicide in the NBA.

Thibs is to injuring his players as Craig Counsell is to a pitching staff he manages. They'll all end up broken down and wrecked but the fans will get caught up in the journey which ends short of what you want and eventually fails/collapses because everyone is injured.

Playing hard is great-but you can't play an NBA season like every game is Game 7--you need to utilize/develop a bench and then about February-play out the year in building for Playoffs. To grind and load minutes on guys from Oct-January is suicide in the NBA.
Thanks, Coach Wooden! Stephen A. is a fool!

Theres nobody in sports or media more annoying than Stephen A Smith.

The yelling, fighting....i feel like i lose IQ point every time i watch. Not to mention, all he wants to argue about is the NFL 12 months a year.

Remember when everyone couldn't stand Dick Vitale 20 years ago? This guys on a different level. Ok, done.

Have to say about the Knicks collapse? Did he and Spike do a reach around after the lose?
Nah. He went home and counted his millions of dollars. Tomorrow he'll get on tv and talk about it for you to hear, without ever caring you exist.

Nah. He went home and counted his millions of dollars. Tomorrow he'll get on tv and talk about it for you to hear, without ever caring you exist.

He went home and spent hours counting his money after the game? And tomorrow he’s going to talk about counting his money on his show? Odd…..

I’ve never seen one team injured like the Knicks were. Crazy it went 7 games.

Stephen A Smith is a carnival barker who has made a career out of setting aside reporting for hot takes and shouting verbal diarrhea on ESPN. They think their personalities are the star of the show and he makes $12 million a year to be a blowhard on that network. More than a large segment of athletes on Major sports teams. Only 3 players on each of the Cincinnati Reds & St. Louis Cardinals payroll make more than him per year. First Take is a joke. There is a YouTube video out last month with the entire panel with Cal's butthole buddy Seth Greenberg on there saying Kentucky is no longer an elite level job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Have to say about the Knicks collapse? Did he and Spike do a reach around after the lose?
I'm not sure you can call having 4 starters out with injuries a "collapse." If anything, the Knicks far exceeded expectations in making it this far with a patchwork roster. That being said, Thibodeau is a cvnt and his roster management is archaic and dangerous.

No there aren’t. Show them.

Not sure how many there are but there are a bunch. Remember the thread (where I got bashed) that said UK was now IU? That is just one of many examples. Many familiar names on this board have bashed UK's entire program including one prominent name who joined in with UNC fans to bash UK as being a trashed program. I was called a troll by this poster for pointing out how UNC cheated for decades.

I can’t see that thread because I have had the OP, a known troll, on ignore for over 3 years. And I’m not joking, I really can’t see it. And I’m sure if you counted it there arent more than 10 or 15 posts from probably even less posters saying nonsense.

I can’t see that thread because I have had the OP, a known troll, on ignore for over 3 years. And I’m not joking, I really can’t see it. And I’m sure if you counted it there arent more than 10 or 15 posts from probably even less posters saying nonsense.
I was a clearly trolling thread that got ZERO RESPONSES. So, as evidence that there are "1,000 posts" saying Calipari destroyed Kentucky basketball, it actually undermines that argument if this is the best he could come up with.

I was a clearly trolling thread that got ZERO RESPONSES. So, as evidence that there are "1,000 posts" saying Calipari destroyed Kentucky basketball, it actually undermines that argument if this is the best he could come up with.

Yeah, I quoted the wrong thread. I didn't even read it when I posted it because I just thought it was the one that had a lot of posts in it. (Egg on my face!!) The correct one is posted below.

Last edited:

Okay, I think this is the thread I meant to post the first time:

Thibs is a good coach and usually gets most of what he's got. Indiana is a better team than alot of folks thought

Reactions: Mossip
Thibs isn’t a good coach because he can’t develop a bench and he runs his main rotation into the ground. Did it in Minny, did it in Chicago, and now he is doing it in NYC. Maintaining a second unit in the NBA is critical and he just flat out can’t do it. If he could, he’d be a hall of famer with a ring already because he schemes really well and his guys play their ass off for him (100+ minutes at a time).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT