ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UK Baseball #3 in the nation

Ming said yesterday that he had a great rehab session. TBD on whether he plays this weekend. This is great news, even if he doesn't play this weekend b/c it means that this is not a serious long term injury.

Also a great blessing this is a home series. They may have changed it but at one point there was a rule about how many could travel with the team in league play. So, if Burkes were hurt and couldn't play and it were a road series, then coaches might elect to have him stay home in favor of a healthy player. With it being at home, this isn't a concern and at a minimum we will have his attitude and leadership in the dugout all series.

It's been fun knowing there were a lot of skeptics and wait and see going into the season. Nobody really knew what to expect, there were obvious question marks. Most thought we'd be decent, but nothing like this. If we manage to take the series or magically sweep UT this weekend, we have to be considered serious title contenders I would think. Obviously would have to take over number 2 in the rankings, if not Number 1 depending on what aTm does this weekend.

Reactions: K86
Also a great blessing this is a home series. They may have changed it but at one point there was a rule about how many could travel with the team in league play. So, if Burkes were hurt and couldn't play and it were a road series, then coaches might elect to have him stay home in favor of a healthy player. With it being at home, this isn't a concern and at a minimum we will have his attitude and leadership in the dugout all series.
No minimums for post COVID by NCAA. Home roster and road roster is identical but some teams choose to travel less to save $.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
It's been fun knowing there were a lot of skeptics and wait and see going into the season. Nobody really knew what to expect, there were obvious question marks. Most thought we'd be decent, but nothing like this. If we manage to take the series or magically sweep UT this weekend, we have to be considered serious title contenders I would think. Obviously would have to take over number 2 in the rankings, if not Number 1 depending on what aTm does this weekend.
I think this is the toughest series on the schedule (yes, tougher than Arkansas). UT might be the best team in the country (there is a ton of MLB talent on that roster). Now that they have their pitching issues corrected, winning this series would be a monster statement.

You are already serious title contenders. You could go 6-9 over the remaining SEC and still host a Super. Incredible start and realistically see UK finishing no worse than 20-10 in the SEC. More than likely closer to 23-7 or better.
I think this is the toughest series on the schedule (yes, tougher than Arkansas). UT might be the best team in the country (there is a ton of MLB talent on that roster). Now that they have their pitching issues corrected, winning this series would be a monster statement.
TN is pretty healthy with the exception of their Friday ace, AJ Russell. He’s out for at least 2 more weeks. MLB 2024 draft choices include 1B Blake Burke, 2B Christian Moore, RF Kavares Tears, 3B (and Clemson transfer) Billy Amick, LF Dylan Dreiling, and P Drew Beam. I expect KY to be aggressive on the base paths, play loose, pressure TN’s defense all weekend long, and play excellent defense along with strong starting pitching. It’s going to be the best series and matchup of the year. See y’all at KPP—looks like a super fun and electric environment.

Reactions: CatchFire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT