ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sumrall Portal Success at Tulane

Many schools are participating in the musical chairs that has now become college football …

Shows we dont need Mark and Vince anymore with the Portal
No but we need lots of NIL dollars and we are at a disadvantage to other programs concerning NIL money. Until they fix NIL it is a numbers game and we do not have the big donars that we need.

No but we need lots of NIL dollars and we are at a disadvantage to other programs concerning NIL money. Until they fix NIL it is a numbers game and we do not have the big donars that we need.
So who is bankrolling Tulane? In a month he managed to build an offense to rival ours on a Tulane NIL budget. If our NIL is worse than theirs then we might as well hang it up now.

Reactions: cathouse
So who is bankrolling Tulane? In a month he managed to build an offense to rival ours on a Tulane NIL budget. If our NIL is worse than theirs then we might as well hang it up now.
I would bet ours is worse than Tulane's. I think we have one of the lower NIL budgets.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
I would bet ours is worse than Tulane's. I think we have one of the lower NIL budgets.
Please. Our resources dwarf Tulane. It's not about the universities. It's about SEC vs. midmajor AAC.

Last edited:
Lots of Old Money in NOLA!
And a lot in Lexington but NOLA is about 75% LSU territory, and most of the rest is other SEC fans. They couldn't even keep their coach and did he leave for Alabama or Ohio State? He left for Houston, only because Houston finally got into a real conference.

Last edited:
Please. Our resources dwarf Tulane. It's not about the universities. It's about SEC vs. midmajor AAC.
Do you have any clue how NIL works? NIL drives the bus not what a team gets paid for being in a specific Conference. On top of that what UK pays its athletes from Conference money is in the lower third of SEC teams. Tulane probably pays its athletes as much as UK does and that is outside of NIL.

Do you have any clue how NIL works? NIL drives the bus not what a team gets paid for being in a specific Conference. On top of that what UK pays its athletes from Conference money is in the lower third of SEC teams. Tulane probably pays its athletes as much as UK does and that is outside of NIL.
You are wildly speculating about what Tulane pays its athletes. Let's compare recruiting. I don't care what they have pulled from the portal and their stars. UK has lost 4 stars to the portal, who weren't playing enough.

So, if I'm a Tulane fan, with such greater NIL resources than Kentucky, my question would be, exactly WHAT are we paying for? Why is Kentucky smoking us in the recruiting rankings? But there are former 4 and 5 prospects that transferred when they weren't playing at Georgia? Except the Kentucky is getting more of those, too. I would want my donation back.

You are wildly speculating about what Tulane pays its athletes. Let's compare recruiting. I don't care what they have pulled from the portal and their stars. UK has lost 4 stars to the portal, who weren't playing enough.
UK has lost four stars that were not playing at all. Never would’ve here. Hogan,Drennon, Crowdus , Bingham. Many others. A former four star is not always a blue chip. He’s a bust.

Last edited:
So, if I'm a Tulane fan, with such greater NIL resources than Kentucky, my question would be, exactly WHAT are we paying for? Why is Kentucky smoking us in the recruiting rankings? But there are former 4 and 5 prospects that transferred when they weren't playing at Georgia? Except the Kentucky is getting more of those, too. I would want my donation back.
To Tulane fans, it's probably not about recruiting rankings. It's probably about being the top G5 program, which would get them in the CFP. They won the Sugar Bowl last year. If I'm a Tulane grad, donating to NIL for more of that type of success is probably very intriguing.

CBS Sports gave only two head coaches an A+ on a list of about 25 maybe. DeBoer and Sumrall were the only two to get an A+. I think Napier was given a D-.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT