ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RV's Cancer

Ben101er

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Ashland, KY
As the topic says, this is OT and not related to sports, but I hope the Mods will allow it to stay, out of respect for RV, and because it could save a life. Randy was 70 when he found out he had cancer, and by the time he did, it had already spread. He did the customary treatments, which kept it in remission for a while but when it came back, further treatments were not helping. He elected to stop further treatments and let it run its course. The sad part is that Randy had colon cancer and at the age of 70, when he first noticed an issue, had never had a colonoscopy. Had he taken the time to start at age 50, as physicians recommend, he would still be with us today. He and I discussed this, and he wished he could turn back the clock, but of course that's impossible. But, he did tell me that he wanted to spread the word that timely colonoscopies save lives and not to put it off, as he had.

I just wanted to post this out of respect for Randy and to let everyone know that if you haven't recently had a colonoscopy, get it scheduled. It was Randy's hope that this message would be passed along. Colon cancer can be caught early with this simple procedure and we need not lose anyone else to this horrible disease.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News