ADVERTISEMENT

OT-PGA Tour

No you can be critical of “the situation” but you don’t have the right to just make blanket statements about the profession and those who work in it, which is what weak minded people do. There’s nothing anyone will type that will change my mind. I have family who are cops and I know exactly what they deal with. They deal with Complete ass hats that have no regard to structure or integrity or human life.

So forum posters that rap their mouth about it and pound their social justice keys about something they have zero knowledge only reveals how weak their convictions are. If the cop is out of line, fine, let it play out and let him be reprimanded but don’t use this to stand on your soapbox when you don’t have the guts to be a person who faces danger every time they punch the work clock.
Here’s a wild and crazy thought. Cops deal with jackasses each and every single day and have a terribly tough job. And some law enforcement officers have absolutely no idea how to do their job and make situations way worse by their actions. Both of those can be, and are, true.

I don’t follow golf but from what I gather, the golfer should still be in jail. You don’t get free passes for being famous, rich, trying to get to an event, or any other reason.

Any adult taking up for the golfer are just showing their true colors. Reading some responses make me realize how and why our country is in the shape it is.

One word to summarize this whole ordeal, accountability. Need more of it for these type of things to happen less.
The accountability rests with both parties.

The traffic was stopped because of a pedestrian FATALITY. The police were working that scene and trying to control traffic around where a damn dead body was lying.
The dumbass golfer guy thought he was above it all and headed for the grass median to drive around it all. A cop tried to stop him and was trying to get him to stop but he ignored it all and thought he'd just zip thru the traffic regardless. He was thinking it was a traffic issue not knowing it was a dead body issue.
Regardless...he thought the rules didn't apply to him and injured a cop with his wreckless driving.
Good for the police in Louisville for not kissing ass and treating everyone the same.
Awful take. Good Lord.

Reactions: wildcatcorner
Surprise, surprise....No bodycam footage. The city will sweep this under the rug as fast as they can.

There's no bodycam footage, but (from the link you posted):

"Greenberg said he didn't have certainty on whether Gillis was wearing a body cam at the time of the incident, but added that there was a 'fixed camera' across the street during the arrest and footage will be released in the coming days."

Last edited:
Reactions: sambowieshin
Not having the body cam on is another epic police fail here.

The camera across the street will tell more of the story though if good quality.

Still suspect this ends up with a sweet deal for the rich guy and he probably makes a large charity donation to the charity of Lewisvilles choice.

If this happened to any of us we would already be buried beneath the jail no matter what really happened. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous indeed.

Reactions: sambowieshin
The PGA, Valhalla, Louisville Metro PD, and city of Louisville are extremely lucky Scheffler is enough of a stand up guy to stick around and play. Instead of withdrawing from the tournament. I would have been gone the second i got out of jail and would have been making a list of who i was gonna sue and or get fired.

The PGA, Valhalla, Louisville Metro PD, and city of Louisville are extremely lucky Scheffler is enough of a stand up guy to stick around and play. Instead of withdrawing from the tournament. I would have been gone the second i got out of jail and would have been making a list of who i was gonna sue and or get fired.
I agree. However, by taking the high road, Scottie is doing what’s best. The lone cop will come out looking like a prick.

Reactions: Mash 2.4
If he blew past a cop that was partially in front of or holding onto the side of his vehicle telling him to stop....the cop that got sent to the hospital will be much more likely to sue Sheffler and he will be coming back to the Ville against his will. Sheffler's lucky they let him out of jail in record time considering the charges.
Time will tell where this goes.

If he blew past a cop that was partially in front of or holding onto the side of his vehicle telling him to stop....the cop that got sent to the hospital will be much more likely to sue Sheffler and he will be coming back to the Ville against his will. Sheffler's lucky they let him out of jail in record time considering the charges.
Time will tell where this goes.
The cop fell and busted his ass trying to be a hard ass. He should have backed off but was too embarrassed and tried to save face. The charges will be dropped. You’re gonna be wrong about this like you are about so many other things. Makes me feel pretty good about my view of it actually.

The cop fell and busted his ass trying to be a hard ass. He should have backed off but was too embarrassed and tried to save face. The charges will be dropped. You’re gonna be wrong about this like you are about so many other things. Makes me feel pretty good about my view of it actually.
5 out 5 cop haters agree with you. Nothing to be proud of.
Just remember that next time you need a cop....Call a golf pro instead.

These charges need dropped ASAP. Otherwise, I expect the lawyer to make the case that Scheffler may have won the PGA had it not been for this incident. Shot over par for the first time in a long time on Saturday, and only finished 5 or 6 shots back. Replace Saturday's round of 75 with 69, and there it is. Not to mention Louisville's reputation and ability to host major golf events in the future.

To me it is also pretty telling that Gillis was the only one running after the vehicle after he was allegedly dragged. To me that makes it one of 2 possible scenarios. 1.) He wasn't actually dragged. or 2.) His coworkers do not like him enough to come to his aid after he was "assaulted".

I wonder if any of the people in this thread who laughed at those of us who refuse to give cops the benefit of the doubt anymore will come admit they were wrong. This has played out exactly like we said it would. The cop escalated the situation, didn't get dragged by the car, is responsible for his own "injury", and lied on the police report.

"Subject refused to comply and accelerated forward, dragging Detective Gillis to the ground. Detective Gillis suffered pain, swelling, and abrasions to his left wrist and knee...Detective Gillis' uniform pants, valued at approximately $80 were damaged beyond repair."

Give me a goddamn break. And this wasn't just one bad cop. Every single cop who was there saw what happened and went along with the fake story.

And I'll say it again. If this was not Scottie Scheffler, and was instead a random nobody, the cop would have just ruined their life by lying about what happened and charing them with felony assault of a police officer. And that happens every day in this country.

Last edited:
As predicted this was all a bunch of BS. Another Louisville cop who got mad his authority wasn’t adhered to, and made a huge spectacle out of nothing. Of course the video shows that he wasn’t dragged, he entered the vehicle and grabbed him illegally. That’s why people have less respect for cops anymore because of officers like him. That’s why he didn’t turn his body cam on.

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the people in this thread who laughed at those of us who refuse to give cops the benefit of the doubt anymore will come admit they were wrong. This has played out exactly like we said it would. The cop escalated the situation, didn't get dragged by the car, is responsible for his own "injury", and lied on the police report.

"Subject refused to comply and accelerated forward, dragging Detective Gillis to the ground. Detective Gillis suffered pain, swelling, and abrasions to his left wrist and knee...Detective Gillis' uniform pants, valued at approximately $80 were damaged beyond repair."

Give me a goddamn break. And this wasn't just one bad cop. Every single cop who was there saw what happened and went along with the fake story.

And I'll say it again. If this was not Scottie Scheffler, and was instead a random nobody, the cop would have just ruined their life by lying about what happened and charing them with felony assault of a police officer. And that happens every day in this country.
Damn right especially someone who couldn’t afford to defend himself like he can and have the news on it all day either. POS.

The arresting officer's statement is absurd.

GOxxGoLXEAA541a

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT