ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jokic passed LeBron in total number of triple doubles and...

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
He did it in >800 games less. In fact, the difference in games played between each of them accumulating 108 triples is more games total than Jokic has played in his career.

Could be one of the 10 best all-time before he's through, at least statistically and accolades accumulated.

Last edited:
He did it in >800 games less. In fact, the difference in games played between each of them accumulating 108 triples is more games total than Jokic has played in his career.

Could be one of the 10 best all-time before he's through, at least statistically and accolades accumulated.
Uh. He's pretty good. 😉

Reactions: gamecockcat
The big galoot is incredible. A couple of years ago I watched him leading a break and he threw a one handed bounce pass 25 feet through traffic to hit a teammate for a layup. Joker is maybe the most all around talented big man I've ever seen, and I go back to the late 60s.

Reactions: CGblue
Who you got? Jokic or Bird?
Similar but still a difference between their games. Both incredible passers, both well above average rebounders, both score. Bird better all-around shooter, of course, but Jokic seems to always make the right play in much the same way as Bird. At least for now, Bird the more proven clutch player although Jokic still has plenty of time to accumulate the big shots/steals/rebounds/FTs that Bird did.

As far as trash talker, Jokic is a walkon and Bird is on the all-NBA team. :)

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
So Jokic is better than Lebron. Got it!
Not what I said in OP. All I was pointing out is that LBJ is an all-time great and has consistently stuffed the stats page. Jokic has surpassed LBJ's career number of triple doubles in 800+ fewer games, more games than Jokic has played in his entire career. At his current pace, he may pass Magic this year for career triple doubles, which would put him 3rd all-time, only 80 away from the record. And he's only 28. Unlike the career leader, Westbrook, he doesn't get cheap stats in garbage time to make sure he gets a triple. Already 2-time MVP (robbed last year as idiots made the balloting about race) and a Finals MVP. Not better than LBJ, but could soon be in the conversation for top 10 or 15 all-time.

Denver is going to be the next Dynasty. They didn’t even have Murray last night and beat a Warriors team that’s started the season on fire.

Jokic has looked unstoppable. He has gotta be the front runner for his 3rd(should be 4th) straight mvp at this point.

Reactions: gamecockcat
He’s not only the best passing center of all time …but by a huge margin. Whoever’s number two (I’d say Walton) ain’t even close to the Joker.

Not what I said in OP. All I was pointing out is that LBJ is an all-time great and has consistently stuffed the stats page. Jokic has surpassed LBJ's career number of triple doubles in 800+ fewer games, more games than Jokic has played in his entire career. At his current pace, he may pass Magic this year for career triple doubles, which would put him 3rd all-time, only 80 away from the record. And he's only 28. Unlike the career leader, Westbrook, he doesn't get cheap stats in garbage time to make sure he gets a triple. Already 2-time MVP (robbed last year as idiots made the balloting about race) and a Finals MVP. Not better than LBJ, but could soon be in the conversation for top 10 or 15 all-time.

I’m going with better than Lebron…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT