ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I come to you humbly and unashamed

GermantownDawg

All-American
Sep 9, 2001
I hope all of you are well. I know you all are excited about this insane freshman class you just brought in. I know I would be. This post, however, will be a little different than some of my past posts.

None of you would know this, but my second oldest sister and brother-in-law, Kristen and Joshua Eargle, currently reside in Clarksville, TN where Joshua is the offensive line coach at Austin Peay. They were blessed with three children, one of which is a very special little girl. Their second oldest, Landrey, was born with a rare genetic mutation that has caused myoclonic epilepsy, intellectual disability and immunodeficiency. On top of that, and completely unrelated, she was born with a heart defect which she underwent open heart surgery for while she was still in the NICU after birth. Landrey has coded 4 times and has been hospitalized 15 times all by the age of 5 years old.

My brother-in-law earns a modest salary, about what you might expect from an FCS offensive line coach. My sister stays home with the younger two out of necessity. Kristen and Joshua maxed out credit cards, emptied 401(k)s and savings, cashed out life insurance policies and even sold their house just to pay for Landrey's extraordinary medical bills. This past Friday, the Eargles were going to have a $5600 INTEREST ONLY credit card bill that they were not going to be able to pay. They had nowhere to turn. My parents decided to start a GoFundMe to try and do something to alleviate the financial burden that Kristen and Joshua were in. Thankfully, enough was donated in the first week to take care of that bill.

I believe my family has an incredible story to tell. I want to link my sister's blog and the GoFundMe here so that maybe it touches someone's heart or gives a family that is in a similar situation some hope. There has been a tremendous amount of money raised for the Eargles over the past week. Many people, most of whom they do not even know, have given very generously, above and beyond their wildest imagination. My hope is that my sister and brother-in-law are set up for future success so that when future medical bills come, they are not right back in the same situation they were in. Please, please share their story on whatever form of social media that you are on. If you are able to give, even if it's just $5, I know that would be a tremendous blessing to their family. They are a believing family and have been trusting in God's plan, but I know it has been difficult for them and they have often questioned His faithfulness at times. Who wouldn't with as much as they have been through?

Below is Landrey's story on a couple of different formats. If you have any questions about ANY of this, feel free to PM me. I don't want anyone to feel skeptical about this post since it legitimately is out of nowhere. I know many eyes cross Rupp Rafters on a daily basis and I am truly just trying to get their story out to as many people as I can. I want them to know this is all legitimate and going to a worthy cause. God bless you all.

-- Germantowndawg

https://rulerofhope.blogspot.com/2018/08/landreys-journey-part-7-is-it-cancer.html

https://www.gofundme.com/for-the-love-of-landrey

I hope all of you are well. I know you all are excited about this insane freshman class you just brought in. I know I would be. This post, however, will be a little different than some of my past posts.

None of you would know this, but my second oldest sister and brother-in-law, Kristen and Joshua Eargle, currently reside in Clarksville, TN where Joshua is the offensive line coach at Austin Peay. They were blessed with three children, one of which is a very special little girl. Their second oldest, Landrey, was born with a rare genetic mutation that has caused myoclonic epilepsy, intellectual disability and immunodeficiency. On top of that, and completely unrelated, she was born with a heart defect which she underwent open heart surgery for while she was still in the NICU after birth. Landrey has coded 4 times and has been hospitalized 15 times all by the age of 5 years old.

My brother-in-law earns a modest salary, about what you might expect from an FCS offensive line coach. My sister stays home with the younger two out of necessity. Kristen and Joshua maxed out credit cards, emptied 401(k)s and savings, cashed out life insurance policies and even sold their house just to pay for Landrey's extraordinary medical bills. This past Friday, the Eargles were going to have a $5600 INTEREST ONLY credit card bill that they were not going to be able to pay. They had nowhere to turn. My parents decided to start a GoFundMe to try and do something to alleviate the financial burden that Kristen and Joshua were in. Thankfully, enough was donated in the first week to take care of that bill.

I believe my family has an incredible story to tell. I want to link my sister's blog and the GoFundMe here so that maybe it touches someone's heart or gives a family that is in a similar situation some hope. There has been a tremendous amount of money raised for the Eargles over the past week. Many people, most of whom they do not even know, have given very generously, above and beyond their wildest imagination. My hope is that my sister and brother-in-law are set up for future success so that when future medical bills come, they are not right back in the same situation they were in. Please, please share their story on whatever form of social media that you are on. If you are able to give, even if it's just $5, I know that would be a tremendous blessing to their family. They are a believing family and have been trusting in God's plan, but I know it has been difficult for them and they have often questioned His faithfulness at times. Who wouldn't with as much as they have been through?

Below is Landrey's story on a couple of different formats. If you have any questions about ANY of this, feel free to PM me. I don't want anyone to feel skeptical about this post since it legitimately is out of nowhere. I know many eyes cross Rupp Rafters on a daily basis and I am truly just trying to get their story out to as many people as I can. I want them to know this is all legitimate and going to a worthy cause. God bless you all.

-- Germantowndawg

https://rulerofhope.blogspot.com/2018/08/landreys-journey-part-7-is-it-cancer.html

Do you care if I post screenshots of this as well as the link on twitter? God Bless

-- Germantowndawg

If I weren't in a horrible spot right now I'd gladly help. I hope enough is donated to take some burden off them.

-- Germantowndawg

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I just donated and shared it on my facebook page. I also had Landrey put on our prayer list at church.

Last edited:
Prayers for Landrey and her family.....that is a lot for a little girl to handle, but God is with her. I pray your sister and brother in law can rest in His great love for them and that the money is raised for her treatment.

GTD, I will donate what I can my friend. I will post this on SM as well in the hope that others may help more than I am able to. Bless that little girl and the family.

Just when you think you have problems you hear of something like this; puts things in a very clear perspective, no question.

I will contribute and will pass this along. Also, they will be put on several prayer list. My heart goes out to this family and they are in my rhiughts and prayers.

This is one reason I am proud to be a part of BBN. We may disagree at times, but when needed, we come together for our fellow man. God Bless.

Reactions: GermantownDawg
God bless them and your family. Hope all goes well. I'm nobody on here, but I think you are one of the best posters on here and always welcome.

OP you’re a fine person
Prayers for that sweet girl and the rest of the family.
Sharing and donating as well
I hope and pray you can raise the necessary funds to keep this family going

Shared this to my Facebook page along with the original post

Last edited:
prayers to your family. i've been a lurker on here for quite some time and made an account just to say that I am glad you posted this. my wife and i recently went through a similar, although not as severe, situation and were the recipients of an unexpected gofundme campaign. i hope all of donations can help your family enjoy their time with their little girl without the added stress of bills. i know it made a world of difference for our family.

Prayers sent to you and your family as well as donation. Stay strong. Landrey seems like a fighter. God Bless you all.

I know the BBN will show out and help support your family.

Last edited:
I have already posted to this thread once, but after reading more posts, I just had to write again. My heart is so full right now and I am SO PROUD to be a member of BBN. When I read the outpouring of love and support for this little angel and her family, I can't imagine being a member of a better fanbase. Go BBN! You continue to amaze me.

Absolutely. Let us know any other ways we can help.

Just throwing out an idea: the SEC is a maniacally competitive conference. If there were a platform to turn this GoFundMe into some type of contest between the schools to see who can raise the most money, maybe get coaches, players, social media, etc. involved, it could explode.

We all give each other a hard time, but there's also a brotherhood among conference members and I think everyone would be glad to rally behind this cause, this family, and this sweet girl.

So maybe passing it along to Matt Jones, Clay Travis, Finebaum, etc would be a great place to start.

Absolutely. Let us know any other ways we can help.

Just throwing out an idea: the SEC is a maniacally competitive conference. If there were a platform to turn this GoFundMe into some type of contest between the schools to see who can raise the most money, maybe get coaches, players, social media, etc. involved, it could explode.

We all give each other a hard time, but there's also a brotherhood among conference members and I think everyone would be glad to rally behind this cause, this family, and this sweet girl.

So maybe passing it along to Matt Jones, Clay Travis, Finebaum, etc would be a great place to start.
Very good idea

Reactions: susan2361
My grandson had a rare cancer 4 years ago and is in remission but lost his eye as a result. A friend started a Fundly account for Mt grandsons medical bills and it was such a blessing indsiguuse. Will talk to my wife and pass this story on to other family and friends. I will be making a donation tomorrow 8/23/18

ADVERTISEMENT