ADVERTISEMENT

OT. I’m moving from Florida to Northern Kentucky

Dec 9, 2016
Hi all I’m moving to Northern Kentucky next week. I’ll be working at St Elizabeth hospital in Florence. I’ll be staying with my sister in Alexandria until I find a place where I want to settle. Any towns around Florence I should look at? Is Florence a good place to live? I’ve been up there to visit family but don’t know the area well enough. Looking to rent a 1 bedroom. Don’t want to break the bank but want something in a nice area. Will travel 20-30 mins for work. Any suggestions is welcome. Thx!

Hi all I’m moving to Northern Kentucky next week. I’ll be working at St Elizabeth hospital in Florence. I’ll be staying with my sister in Alexandria until I find a place where I want to settle. Any towns around Florence I should look at? Is Florence a good place to live? I’ve been up there to visit family but don’t know the area well enough. Looking to rent a 1 bedroom. Don’t want to break the bank but want something in a nice area. Will travel 20-30 mins for work. Any suggestions is welcome. Thx!
I thought you were going to say you were heading out due to too many hurricanes. I’m in the Tampa area and about thinking of heading north myself - am too tired watching out for these storm this time of year. Louisville is “home”, but I have a sister in Union. Don’t know much of the Florence area, but do like the flavor of the area near the river.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Covington and Newport are good places to live, but Florence is a good place to live also. I have some friends who live in Florence and it’s nice there. All 3 towns are nice.

Covington and Newport are good places to live, but Florence is a good place to live also. I have some friends who live in Florence and it’s nice there. All 3 towns are nice.
I lived in Independence for 18 years before moving to Oklahoma. Great place to live then. Hebron, Union, and Fort Mitchell are all good and closer to Florence.

I thought you were going to say you were heading out due to too many hurricanes. I’m in the Tampa area and about thinking of heading north myself - am too tired watching out for these storm this time of year. Louisville is “home”, but I have a sister in Union. Don’t know much of the Florence area, but do like the flavor of the area near the river.
Where in Hillsborough are you?

I've lived in Alexandria for 20 years and like it here. Starting to get built up with new apartments and retail. You might look at Cold Spring too. If you want nightlife, walk to a bar type place... Covington and Newport.

I live in Florence but not too familiar with the best places for an apartment. It's a great city it's been growing for over a decade now and it's really just a suburb of Cincinnati at this point. Union is great as well it's the fastest growing area in NKY at the moment but it is a bit pricier. I really like Covington but parking is limited and the crime is higher.

I think Union would be the best option and then Florence if I had to pick between the two. But Florence will be easier to your job and it's closer to downtown Covington and Cincinnati.

Ultimately though this entire area is fantastic and many people live in KY and work in Ohio due to a billion reasons.

Any questions you can PM me or just ask away here... I've lived in this area for 10+ years.

It sounds like your work is specialty type? The blue collar work force is hurting greatly in northern Kentucky. A manager I know said it's the worst job market he's seen in the past 13 years. Rents are high, too. The mall in Florence is pretty much non-existent. I've been in this area for the past seven years.

I see we got another storm brewing our way. I’m just south of you in Sarasota. How did you fare with this past hurricane? We had flood damage close to the water but myself and my family made it out ok. No real damage to us. Northern Florida I can’t imagine.

It sounds like your work is specialty type? The blue collar work force is hurting greatly in northern Kentucky. A manager I know said it's the worst job market he's seen in the past 13 years. Rents are high, too. The mall in Florence is pretty much non-existent. I've been in this area for the past seven years.
No not specialty, I am a staffing coordinator for the nurses and techs for the float team. I don’t means to continue to live in Florida. I live in a 2/2 for 2300 down here. I think I can get the same for half the price up there. Only need a 1/1. I looking for safe and clean. I’m sure every city has its plus a minuses.

I live in Florence but not too familiar with the best places for an apartment. It's a great city it's been growing for over a decade now and it's really just a suburb of Cincinnati at this point. Union is great as well it's the fastest growing area in NKY at the moment but it is a bit pricier. I really like Covington but parking is limited and the crime is higher.

I think Union would be the best option and then Florence if I had to pick between the two. But Florence will be easier to your job and it's closer to downtown Covington and Cincinnati.

Ultimately though this entire area is fantastic and many people live in KY and work in Ohio due to a billion reasons.

Any questions you can PM me or just ask away here... I've lived in this area for 10+ years.
Hi DraftCat. Not sure how to PM on here. I’d like to pick your brain and ask questions about the area. I won’t know really where I want to go until I get up there and explore.

Funny... Just talking with a friend of mine in Florida who is moving back to Louisville. He's tired of boarding his windows and sandbagging almost every year. Sick of the high homeowner and car insurance rates too.

No not specialty, I am a staffing coordinator for the nurses and techs for the float team. I don’t means to continue to live in Florida. I live in a 2/2 for 2300 down here. I think I can get the same for half the price up there. Only need a 1/1. I looking for safe and clean. I’m sure every city has its plus a minuses.
I don't think anyone here is suggesting otherwise, I assumed you wanted the truth. I also know the air cargo industry up here is really hurting, and how that industry is doing is a reliable barometer of the economy at large. The people up here I have found to be pleasant. The traffic sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT