ADVERTISEMENT

OT Have they cured Cancer?

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Most people don't understand the difficulty and complexity and cost of discovering, testing, and getting approved treatments/cures/vaccines/medicines/biologicals.

Yea they do. There’s literally 3 dumbasses in here that don’t. And I love that people have spent time writing out well thought out, obvious replies to the guy 😂 Might as well spend time barking at dogs

Last edited:
I guess you missed the part where he wrote that "Average lifespan has taken a temporary dip in the last two years due, in large part, to one million Covid deaths."

Also, I seem to remember somebody on this thread posting this:

"Let me guess, you got your information from a CNN article? Lmao"

(that was you)
It has been declining now for a decade.

I guess you missed the part where he wrote that "Average lifespan has taken a temporary dip in the last two years due, in large part, to one million Covid deaths."

Also, I seem to remember somebody on this thread posting this:

"Let me guess, you got your information from a CNN article? Lmao"

(that was you)
I posted a CNN article purposely. If it went over your head, I fixed it.

I posted a CNN article purposely. If it went over your head, I fixed it.

Your link shows a decline of about 0.3 years in life expectancy, in the mid-2010s,
due in large part to increased drug overdoses in that time frame.

Life expectancy has dropped a little more in the last two years due to COVID deaths.

Those small drops occurred after a long, consistent ramping up that lead to an all time high in the early 2010s.

Your initial claim was that "average lifespans are at an all-time low for modern civilization."

Unless you define "modern civilization" as "the last six or eight years only," then your claim fails.

Yes, life expectancy did peak a few years ago and has dropped a small amount since then. That isn't the same as what you claimed.

Last edited:
As far as the article-excellent results. Unfortunately only a small percentage of colorectal cancers have the marker for the immunotherapy to target-around 5 %. The other 95% don’t get any effect from immunotherapy. The video doesn't address that to any degree.

Instead of waiting for the cure, why don’t more people just eat healthy, exercise, stop drinking, etc.

Ya know, proven cancer fighting actions. I’m not waiting for big pharm to tell me they’ve cured it when I can take actions against it

but that’s too hard for 95% of people I guess

Instead of waiting for the cure, why don’t more people just eat healthy, exercise, stop drinking, etc.

Ya know, proven cancer fighting actions. I’m not waiting for big pharm to tell me they’ve cured it when I can take actions against it

That would help some, but it would not come close to wiping out cancer.
But fine, go ahead and feel superior to most people.

I'd already contended with colon cancer 2012-2017, and had been diagnosed cancer-free near end of 2017.

January 6, 2023: Visited emergency room at Seton Hospital -- Downtown Austin, complaining about vomiting, headaches, balance issues and loss of appetite. Waited over 8 hours to be seen. Finally got some IVs. MRI performed early-morning January 7. A 5-hour cranial procedure followed on January 9 to relieve pressure on my brain.

On January 12, 2023, I was diagnosed with brain and lung cancer, a glioblastoma (6% survival rate), while lying in the ICU bed. A sobering experience, no doubt, comparable to a death sentence, and read to me by my oncologist who treated me 2012-2017. Doctor initially gave me 12-18 more months left in life.

Screw cancer. My loony ass gonna fight this SOB until hell freezes over and and then continue fighting out on the GD ice. I'm not giving it up. Hell no. I feel great right now, better than I've felt in many years.

Key takeaways so far:

- diet and exercise. Really loading up on Omega-3s and anti-oxidants. Little bit of weight training. Lots of long walks. Loving oysters, salmon, mackerel + other seafood I should have been eating earlier before this started. Also indulging on some walnuts, pecans and peanuts.

- radiation treatment: received first treatments Feb 16. Barfed violently and experienced massive pooping simultaneously during early morning after first blast. Only other time something so dramatic ever happened to me came after a mortar attack in Iraq back in early 2006 when my bowel and stomach acted crazy. Both instances scared the living hell outta me.

- chemo: I'm actually working remotely on my laptop while receiving infusions. Lucky to have a great director and fantastic support from friends, co-workers and family. Survived first week of chemo with just lightly upset stomach. Stay tuned for more reports from weeks to follow.

- stay focused: My cancer diagnosis not the end of the world, but rather a new beginning. Listen to doctors, watch what you eat and stress levels, and good things may happen. Remain optimistic!

Keep up the good fight and good luck

That's funny. Of course they haven't, nor ever will. Cancer is a billion dollar business, so only treatments and not cures. If they wanted a cure so badly, they wouldn't have censored and even killed people that have actually discovered new ways to slow or even stop the disease.
Same with obesity/diabetes we spend like 1/3 of all healthcare or something on it. If they wanted people to be less fat they could make it happen. Instead, you have 60 Minutes putting in a woman that’s paid by Drug companies to say that obesity isn’t your fault, it’s a chronic disease that’s just going to happen to most people… 🤦‍♂️

I'd already contended with colon cancer 2012-2017, and had been diagnosed cancer-free near end of 2017.

January 6, 2023: Visited emergency room at Seton Hospital -- Downtown Austin, complaining about vomiting, headaches, balance issues and loss of appetite. Waited over 8 hours to be seen. Finally got some IVs. MRI performed early-morning January 7. A 5-hour cranial procedure followed on January 9 to relieve pressure on my brain.

On January 12, 2023, I was diagnosed with brain and lung cancer, a glioblastoma (6% survival rate), while lying in the ICU bed. A sobering experience, no doubt, comparable to a death sentence, and read to me by my oncologist who treated me 2012-2017. Doctor initially gave me 12-18 more months left in life.

Screw cancer. My loony ass gonna fight this SOB until hell freezes over and and then continue fighting out on the GD ice. I'm not giving it up. Hell no. I feel great right now, better than I've felt in many years.

Key takeaways so far:

- diet and exercise. Really loading up on Omega-3s and anti-oxidants. Little bit of weight training. Lots of long walks. Loving oysters, salmon, mackerel + other seafood I should have been eating earlier before this started. Also indulging on some walnuts, pecans and peanuts.

- radiation treatment: received first treatments Feb 16. Barfed violently and experienced massive pooping simultaneously during early morning after first blast. Only other time something so dramatic ever happened to me came after a mortar attack in Iraq back in early 2006 when my bowel and stomach acted crazy. Both instances scared the living hell outta me.

- chemo: I'm actually working remotely on my laptop while receiving infusions. Lucky to have a great director and fantastic support from friends, co-workers and family. Survived first week of chemo with just lightly upset stomach. Stay tuned for more reports from weeks to follow.

- stay focused: My cancer diagnosis not the end of the world, but rather a new beginning. Listen to doctors, watch what you eat and stress levels, and good things may happen. Remain optimistic!

Fight that shit brother.

I wish that’s all it took. It is undoubtedly a good way to live and will help but there are no guarantees and as you get older you’ll realize sometimes shit is out of your control and no preventative measures make a difference sometimes. You can definitely increase your odds but in the end we all end up facing health challenges of one sort or another.

Reactions: warrior-cat

Key takeaways so far:

Kick ass and get well soon!

Yes. Burn pits at Balad Airbase. Must contact VA again about possible claim.
Going to look into that myself. Burn pits for me as well during the Gulf War. No problems (that I know of) yet other than the normal aches and pains of a 65-year-old.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Just to add to my last post about eating healthy, the govt subsidizes touching Narcan so they can keep addicts alive but can’t subsidize healthy food? <—that’s horseshit right there and just basically proves they don’t want you healthy. They want you as a healthcare addict, not healthy because then you don’t let depend on them. They need wea, feeble-minded people that will do as they say and have no strength/power/resolve to fight back.

That's funny. Of course they haven't, nor ever will. Cancer is a billion dollar business, so only treatments and not cures. If they wanted a cure so badly, they wouldn't have censored and even killed people that have actually discovered new ways to slow or even stop the disease.
That would require a world-wide conspiracy between all the drug and bio-tech companies. I think a more logical argument could be made that if market forces are directing cancer research then the monetary rewards for finding better treatments or even possible cures for some types for cancers will continue to drive research in that direction.

Key takeaways so far:

I knew you had been sick but no where near what I just read. Hang in there buddy and keep fighting. Prayers sent..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT