ADVERTISEMENT

OT FSU could have worst season in 49 yrs

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Sitting st 1-6 and still have Miami, ND and Florida.
I think they win 1 more game and finish 2-10.

It would be the Noles worst season since 1975 when they went 3-8.

Norvell Redenbacker is toast.

“Turrible, just turrible.”
Charles Barkley

They’re in the same boat as us. They can’t afford to fire him even if they want to.

UF's issue is the OL, not the frosh QB and RB. Lagway has a lot of skills and a quick release, not looking forward to defending him.
Ok so Florida has a piss poor OL a back up QB and a Back up RB in v a stellar UK defense. It should be a low scoring game that UK should prevail in.

Last edited:
You wont feel that way after we dismantle Florida tomorrow night in the Swamp to move to 4-3.
Yes I will. .
Time for a change. Past time.
Everyone that follows the team closely knows CMS has reached his zenith at UK.

It will only get worse from now until he chooses to leave. Just like Cal. Toast.

Reactions: seccats04
Yes I will. .
Time for a change. Past time.
Everyone that follows the team closely knows CMS has reached his zenith at UK.

It will only get worse from now until he chooses to leave. Just like Cal. Toast.
Who you gonna pull in and win the SEC or even win 8 games in this conference?
And by the way, I follow the team as close as anyone. We just had an historic win at Ole Miss and you want to run him off?
We played Georgia to a 1 pt game and could have defeated Vandy if not for the officiating.
Who is going to come in to UK and have better results than Stoops? His recruiting classes have been solid and he has another solid class coming in.
Im not sure there is a coach alive that could win big in football at Kentucky. We not only have to overcome the best teams yr in and yr out in the nation but we have to over come the good ole boys that hate us because Lincoln was born in the bluegrass and Ky is considered a “border state”.
If you guys don't think that Civil War angle is legit then you are simply kidding yourselves.

Last edited:
Who you gonna pull in a win the SEC or even win 8 games in this conference?
That is an unknown.
What we do know is that we are free falling to the bottom right now under CMS leadership.

The better question is who can we bring in that can keep us out of the SEC cellar which is where we ARE RIGHT NOW.

We will never know if we never try a different coach with a different approach to UK football. Scoring 20 points a game will get you 2-3 SEC wins a season, on a good year.

CMS wants to win games by a 3-0 score. Bill Curry redux right now.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Is it confirmed Montrell Johnson is out? Last I saw was questionable. He would be a huge loss

That is an unknown.
What we do know is that we are free falling to the bottom right now under CMS leadership.

The better question is who can we bring in that can keep us out of the SEC cellar which is where we ARE RIGHT NOW.

We will never know if we never try a different coach with a different approach to UK football. Scoring 20 points a game will get you 2-3 SEC wins a season, on a good year.

CMS wants to win games by a 3-0 score. Bill Curry redux right now.
You just didnt compare the winningest coach in UK football history to Bill Curry?!
Run Stoops off and see what happens. It will set the UK football program back a decade if not more. The man has earned the right for a few more seasons to see what happens.
I am not happy with the past 2.5 yrs or so but damn we just had the biggest SEC on campus road win in our history.
I think we win today and then we will see how things play out.
This defense is nasty.
The O has potential too.
This season is at the midway point; with the tough schedule it could go either way.
But IMHO a coaching change at this juncture would be suicide for the UK football program.

You just didnt compare the winningest coach in UK football history to Bill Curry?!
Run Stoops off and see what happens. It will set the UK football program back a decade if not more. The man has earned the right for a few more seasons to see what happens.
I am not happy with the past 2.5 yrs or so but damn we just had the biggest SEC on campus road win in our history.
This defense is nasty.
The O has potential too.
This season is at the midway point; with the tough schedule it could go either way.
But IMHO a coaching change at this juncture would be suicide for the UK football program.

He is also the guy who has lost the most. Generally, that's ignored for long tenured coached as a given stat.

We can find a guy that can win more than 2 out of 12 sec home games. I'm sure of that.

He is also the guy who has lost the most. Generally, that's ignored for long tenured coached as a given stat.

We can find a guy that can win more than 2 out of 12 sec home games. I'm sure of that.
Small sample size. We have had alot of bad luck and piss poor officiating at home over the last few seasons.
Look, Im not happy with that stat either, it sucks but how do you over look wins:
At then #6 Ole Piss
Potentially 4 straight wins over UF (UK hasn't done that in 75 yrs
All the bowl success and bowl wins
Beating TN multiple times
Beating LSU
Owning Louisville
And on and on

Small sample size. We have had alot of bad luck and piss poor officiating at home over the last few seasons.
Look, Im not happy with that stat either, it sucks but how do you over look wins:
At then #6 Ole Piss
Potentially 4 straight wins over UF (UK hasn't done that in 75 yrs?
Beating LSU
Owning Louisville
And on and on

He is our best coach since Bear. It's a low standard but you are correct.

We probably aren't winning anything that matters no matter the coach anyways.

What they do this off-season will be interesting. Conventional wisdom says Norvell has a grace period, but I’m not certain.

This defense is nasty.
The O has potential too.
I think you only set the program back if you duff the next hire.

The whole set a program back argument was more of a thing in previous eras before the money is what it is and before you could plug holes via the portal. You also had to build a complete team top to bottom which takes years.

It also took time to grow exposure. Part of that decade rebuild was the fact that you might not ever be seen nor heard from, even if you were good.

24/7/365 sports media…week day games…talent can see you. I watched Sam Houston State v WKU and had a blast doing it.

Now you can make Duke and IU into top 20 programs overnight. They don’t spend the money on football nor have the talent that we do.

For 9-10 million dollars per, SEC money sharing and brand/platform…we could go get almost anyone.

The only thing that sets a program back these days is waiting a decade to make a change. I’m not saying we’re at that point yet but it’s approaching. If it can happen to UK basketball it can happen to football. Thanks Cal for all the great shit the first 6-8 years…we almost fell into the abyss the last 3-5.

Thanks CMS for all you’ve done…we’ll be happy to see you when we hang your jersey up in Kroger some day…right now though we’re 3 years into a “set back” post 10-3 season.

Tick tock…how many years do we give while worrying about a set back?

This defense is nasty.
The O has potential too.
But IMHO a coaching change at this jure would be suicide for the UK football program.
Not taking anything away from what Stoops has built here. That is why I wrote " Bill Curry RIGHT NOW".

You must have missed that. If you were around for the Curry years, the more games he lost, the more conservative he became on offense and the harder he tried to win with "defense".

CMS has fallen into the same trap. We need another Hal Mumme-Mike Leach type offensive minded coach who will also pay attention to the defense.

CMS will NEVER allow any OC to open the playbook. After 12 years, everyone should be able to see that now.

Last edited:
At then #6 Ole Piss
Potentially 4 straight wins over UF (UK hasn't done that in 75 yrs
Beating LSU
Owning Louisville
And on and on
When is the last time we WON a bowl game??

Get a coach in here that will "clean up" the discipline problems on this team, and the "poor" officiating will improve almost immediately.

He is our best coach since Bear. It's a low standard but you are correct.

We probably aren't winning anything that matters no matter the coach anyways.
has stoops hit his ceiling? Yes. But his ceiling is also kentuckys ceiling. We have had two 10 win seasons in the last 5 or 6 years. Honestly who even thought that was possible? Top 25 recruiting classes? Also thought to be impossible.

His teams have unforgivable lapses in discipline and attention to detail. But he deserves his flowers for what he’s done for this program. He has literally rescued it from shit stain status.

HH - every time we lose, it's not because of the officials. Sometimes, we do stupid things and beat ourselves (see: Vanderbilt last Saturday). Tired of all the excuses for a team that receives UC, PF penalties because they can't keep their shit together. Tired of seasoned OL jumping the snap in short yardage/goal line situations. Tired of CBs completely getting lost and leaving a WR wide ass open. If none of our problems are the coaches' fault, then none of our wins and strengths are, either.

We've got a pretty good chance of beating UF and AU if and only IF we come to play. The margin of error for this team is a mosquito's pubic hair thick. If we play B+ or better, we should beat UF who has had key injuries and just aren't the Florida of old. Auburn is dangerous but have not shown much offense to date, so that game, also, can be a win with a good effort. We will lose both games if we don't show up ready to play. If that happens, Stoops has lost this team and the heat should be turned way up. If we come out of the next two games at 5-3, we can still achieve 7 wins (which most on here thought would happen in light of unknown key newcomers and a difficult schedule). 4-4 or worse and we'll have trouble getting to .500, which is not acceptable anymore due to Stoops' success here.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
HH - every time we lose, it's not because of the officials. Sometimes, we do stupid things and beat ourselves (see: Vanderbilt last Saturday). Tired of all the excuses for a team that receives UC, PF penalties because they can't keep their shit together. Tired of seasoned OL jumping the snap in short yardage/goal line situations. Tired of CBs completely getting lost and leaving a WR wide ass open. If none of our problems are the coaches' fault, then none of our wins and strengths are, either.

We've got a pretty good chance of beating UF and AU if and only IF we come to play. The margin of error for this team is a mosquito's pubic hair thick. If we play B+ or better, we should beat UF who has had key injuries and just aren't the Florida of old. Auburn is dangerous but have not shown much offense to date, so that game, also, can be a win with a good effort. We will lose both games if we don't show up ready to play. If that happens, Stoops has lost this team and the heat should be turned way up. If we come out of the next two games at 5-3, we can still achieve 7 wins (which most on here thought would happen in light of unknown key newcomers and a difficult schedule). 4-4 or worse and we'll have trouble getting to .500, which is not acceptable anymore due to Stoops' success here.
The no call face masks on our QBs v UT a few yrs ago and v Georgia this yr absolutely could have changed the outcomes of those games.
The SeC “good ole boys” are quick to flag UK if we scratch our nuts wrong but then turn a blind eye to Egregious, Blatant PFs.
Im sick of it!!!
Also, the Vanderbilt game was the worst, one sided officiating fiasco in UK history!
The Agenda driven Good Ole Boys broke it off in us in the Bluegrass and didnt even have the courtesy to provide us a lil Ky Jelly.
They do it every.single.season.
Buy there is nothing we can do about it but take it like a man.
Sucks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT