ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cats beat Hoosiers!!

Did you guys see the other day where they said Frank Thomas is the only Hall of Famer that played at an SEC school?

I think it was an unusually high pitch count game. I’ll have to look. It’s really nothing if you look at the whole picture. Great strategy that UK took advantage of. That’s a good team. They looked at IUs history of pitches and took advantage. Good coaching.
7 of the hit batters were through three innings! They were clearly trying to back them off the plate.

Reactions: K86
I read that article and I honestly still don’t get it. Either IU was pitching wild AF or UK was leaning in. If it’s the former, I don’t get what IU has to be pissed about. If it’s the latter, I don’t get why umps weren’t calling them on it.

If you watched the game, many of the pitches were up and in and several didn’t hit them because they had to get out of the way or get hit in the head or the center of the back. 7 of the plunks were through 3 innings when the game was in doubt. They were clearly trying to control the plate. They failed.

Last edited:
If you watched the game, many of the pitches were up and in and several didn’t hit them because they had to get out of the way or get hit in the head or the center of the back. 7 of the plunks were through 3 innings when the game was in doubt. They were clearly trying to control the plate.
They were well coached on which ones to take. Everyone knew what was going on. IU is a young team and it got to them. Win/win for UK. It was a chess match to IU and UK played checkers. Easy for them. More veteran. This wasn’t something new to UK either. IU knew it coming in but veteran teams typically win. UK was clearly more veteran. It was a good series and was not malicious in any way in my book. UK wanted to frustrate. Good luck in the super regional. Fun times going to Omaha.

Reactions: bevcat
Baseball, yet another sport where the SEC kicks the crap out of the Big10.
The B1G is historically bad at baseball. They have closed the gap though. Still a big one but they have mad big strides. Lots of good coaches develop there and leave for south and west coast teams. It was a fun regional with drama.

Yeah they should get tossed for that many hit batters.
Disagree. The umps let it go because it’s a strategy that’s more consistent per the rule. This isn’t new but I bet it changes in the future. Both for the batter and the pitcher.

Go-Cats-Banana.gif

IU-Drop-Kick-2.gif

I saw one were it was the other way around. The series was closer than I thought it was going to be. Takes a lot to come from the losers bracket. IU actually played it right. Had a lot of(if not more) opportunities to win the game. UK had better pitching yesterday.

They were well coached on which ones to take. Everyone knew what was going on. IU is a young team and it got to them. Win/win for UK. It was a chess match to IU and UK played checkers. Easy for them. More veteran. This wasn’t something new to UK either. IU knew it coming in but veteran teams typically win. UK was clearly more veteran. It was a good series and was not malicious in any way in my book. UK wanted to frustrate. Good luck in the super regional. Fun times going to Omaha.
You're wong but are bitter and won't admit it. So according to you, Indiana was entitled to the plate but not UK. Convenient.

You're wong but are bitter and won't admit it. So according to you, Indiana was entitled to the plate but not UK. Convenient.
Not at all. This was a hard fought series. Read the articles and rules. Even the UK players and coaches talked about it. It’s strategy that works. Why not take a low risk lump to get on base. It’s not as big a deal as some think. The UK hitters were well coached in the tactic. Young pitchers vs. veteran batters. So what am I wrong about again?

Reactions: bevcat
Not at all. This was a hard fought series. Read the articles and rules. Even the UK players and coaches talked about it. It’s strategy that works. Why not take a low risk lump to get on base. It’s not as big a deal as some think. The UK hitters were well coached in the tactic. Young pitchers vs. veteran batters. So what am I wrong about again?

soccer-butt-hurt.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT