ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Way to Listen to KSR on Android

Mar 31, 2014
Anyone know the best way to listen to the KSR radio show and podcasts on Android? I've looked at the Podbay app but it has some crappy reviews. Has anyone out there used it, or do you know of any others? Thanks in advance.

Iheartradio app is the best way to listen live, however I don't usually listen live so I downloaded a podcast player. You can choose anyone you like and search for Kentucky sports radio and it will pull it up. The one I use is Podcast Addict and it works really well.

Sidenote - look for the Matt Jones podcast and the alternate KSR podcast. Lots of other great stuff there too.

Downloading the podcast straight from TalkRadio1080.com is about the easiest. I listen to several different Podcasts so I use Podcast Republic for all of them and it works really well. Pocket Casts is also pretty good.

Reactions: UKMallard86
I use a program called Pocket cast as mentioned above. Pocketcast makes searching and subscribing to podcast insanely easy. Although its not a free program.

Reactions: UKMallard86
I played around with Podbay a little bit. The thing I don't like about it is there doesn't seem to be a way for downloading the episodes for offline listening. I stumbled across Podbean which will let you subscribe to podcasts and auto-download a number of the most recent episodes (i.e. the last 4 episodes). I will look into Pocketcast.

The one I use is Podcast Addict and it works really well.

Sidenote - look for the Matt Jones podcast and the alternate KSR podcast. Lots of other great stuff there too.

Thanks for the heads up on the alternate KSR podcast. The Matt Jones podcast was what I was looking for. I wasn't aware that they put the radio show up as a podcast as well so that will help when I'm not able to listen live.

Downloading the podcast straight from TalkRadio1080.com is about the easiest. I listen to several different Podcasts so I use Podcast Republic for all of them and it works really well. Pocket Casts is also pretty good.

I found what you're talking about on downloading the old shows straight from the website. That could come in handy similar to being able to download them from the podcast. I'll have to check into Podcast Republic as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT