ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball Cats Headed to Omaha, Blubraska!!!

I’m glad the Beaver third base coach didn’t send their boy home with two
Outs. He might have made it!?!?
In that situation, you gotta send him. That was just the 3rd hit OSU had gotten in 17 2/3 innings of baseball against UK pitching. You have to make UK execute a perfect throw to the cutoff and the cutoff a perfect throw to catcher. Glad he didn’t send him

The difference in game was base running. We have a guy score from 2nd base on a wild pitch and they don’t score from first on a double off the wall with runner (a pinch runner who is presumably a fast, good base runner) running on contact because there were 2 outs.

They was ultra conservative on the bases the whole game. Just the opposite of us. If it had been McCarthy running the bases for them he would have probably went anyway. Mingione said he did not send McCarthy on the winning run.

After a season of questionable bullpen results and high scoring games, it was eye opening to see the UK pitching staff clamp down after their opening 10-8 against WMU. I laid a bet on UK to win it all, just to spice it up, but now I think they have a really good shot a bring it home. I had a just get to Omaha mindset, but the way the pitching has risen, I believe they have a legitimate shot. My dad played at FSU, so hoping we can play them.

Last edited:
Yes!

All the discussion I have heard among baseball fans has been you don’t win CWS games 16-14.

How many hits did Oregon State have in two games?

Three?

Ouch!!
That's why FSU has never won it in 23 trips to the CWS. They've always had big hitters, but never had the piutching to win it. The guys on the mound need to keep pitching at a high level and then we'll really have a shot.

I wasn't that impressed with the pitching, in fact I thought
it was rather atrocious. 5 consecutive walks and they tie
it up without a hit. To me the catcher, Burkes, was the MVP
with all the catches he made on borderline wild pitches. A
lot of those make it to the backstop without his excellent play.

One of the most intense and enjoyable UK sporting events I’ve ever watched
Same for me, it is 12:30 in the morning and the crowd is all in. The cats have never been to Omaha, the tying run is on third and the cats need one out. Hummel comes in and throws the only 3 pitches he threw in the super to seal the victory. I can't imagine what it took for him to not let the moment overwhelm him. I am 61 and it is easily one of my top UK sports moments.

I wasn't that impressed with the pitching, in fact I thought
it was rather atrocious. 5 consecutive walks and they tie
it up without a hit. To me the catcher, Burkes, was the MVP
with all the catches he made on borderline wild pitches. A
lot of those make it to the backstop without his excellent play.
Yes Burkes played a great game.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
For UK fans traveling to Omaha, try not to miss the Henry Doorly Zoo if there is time. It is one of the best zoos in the country. If you are looking for a restaurant or just want to kill some time street-shopping, head down to the Old Market, near downtown. Lots of choices.

For UK fans traveling to Omaha, try not to miss the Henry Doorly Zoo if there is time. It is one of the best zoos in the country. If you are looking for a restaurant or just want to kill some time street-shopping, head down to the Old Market, near downtown. Lots of choices.

Great tips. Thanks

leslie nielsen pun GIF

W
Obviously glad runner was not sent but how thrilling would it have been had that run been cut down at the plate to finish that game....it was already intense as hell but to add a probable game-ending play like that? Wow!

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Nick Mingione was just named Perfect Game's "National Coach of the Year". Good thing Barnhart made the decision to hang onto Mingione and didn't bend to fan pressure. I noticed Keith Madison said he is amazed by what Mingione is accomplishing. Nice of Madison to offer that gracious public support.

This team is aggressive, opportunistic, totally fearless, and they play great defense under pressure.

Yes!

All the discussion I have heard among baseball fans has been you don’t win CWS games 16-14.

How many hits did Oregon State have in two games?

Three?

Ouch!!
This was just incredible the way the staff had been struggling late season you could never have foreseen this. All of them stepped up but O’Brien really saved our bacon.

After a season of questionable bullpen results and high scoring games, it was eye opening to see the UK pitching staff clamp down after their opening 10-8 against WMU. I laid a bet on UK to win it all, just to spice it up, but now I think they have a really good shot a bring it home. I had a just get to Omaha mindset, but the way the pitching has risen, I believe they have a legitimate shot. My dad played at FSU, so hoping we can play them.
Exactly after the first game in the regionals this pitching staff has been phenomenal after a season of so many ups and downs for them.

Exactly after the first game in the regionals this pitching staff has been phenomenal after a season of so many ups and downs for them.
Great teams find another gear and also have the ability to win in multiple ways. The Cats have proven they have that. Now we need to get some good bounces and we have a shot. If I wasn't headed to Tokyo and Dubai next week I would be there!

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT