ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Oscar situation

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
I talked to a source very familiar with the situation that told me the latest of what’s going on and gave me (and hopefully you as well) some clarity on what’s happening behind the scenes.

They told me that Oscar is fully focused on making it to the NBA, but they realize him getting selected is slim to none and not guaranteed money with that route. He’s working hard to fulfill that dream, however.

If he were to return to college (this person believed that they will) they said that Kentucky is the most likely destination and he would be there “unless Kentucky wanted to move on”. They said that Oscar isn’t worried about Bradshaw and Onyenso on his side of things and is fine playing beside both, it would be Kentucky’s choice if they didn’t want to bring him back.

Apparently John Calipari has addressed the defensive woes with Oscar during their meetings, and said if he comes back he’ll have to focus on that area and/or Kentucky will have to scheme differently. The people I talked to also said that Calipari has done a tremendous job of managing the situation all-around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News