ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar, Oscar....

BBUK

All-American
May 26, 2005
eddc3cc1-e7ae-495d-89b6-5e6139502aee_text.gif

b09ca1bd7a3a7faaa013a7fffd3525c62b96f577.gif

TcyD.gif

Way to go Oscar... He did his best for UK.....

It's not surprising to me When I watch the NBA, so many just casually head back the other way. Rebounds are there for the taking. Guys like Oscar want rebounds more than anyone else. I think he could average 10+ rebs/game in the NBA, but things like defense and getting swatted might keep him out of the NBA.

It's not surprising to me When I watch the NBA, so many just casually head back the other way. Rebounds are there for the taking. Guys like Oscar want rebounds more than anyone else. I think he could average 10+ rebs/game in the NBA, but things like defense and getting swatted might keep him out of the NBA.
A guy like Oscar knows he’s not the offensive priority and is willing to accept that tho. If a team with shooters took a flyer on him he’d be a great fit. Just tell him his priority to to bang around on the other teams big to fatigue them and chase every offensive rebound like his life depends on it and immediately kick it out to a shooter unless he’s wide open under the basket. Is he a 30 min guy; absolutely not. Can he give you 10-15 min and a solid +- due to a few extra possessions…yes

He could be a solid contributor to a team like GS

If you didn't know better from reading this board you'd think Oscar was better than most G-leaguers...

Reactions: BBUK
Surely he could put up numbers equal to or better than Jaylen Smith on the Pacers roster. Certainly could get more rebounds.

Dennis Rodman made a career out of rebounding.

Dennis Rodman made a career out of rebounding.
Agreed, but the NBA is so different than it was in the 90s. There are numerous great college players, who hardly sniff the NBA. For many of these guys they were great in college, but are a step too slow, an inch or two short, or can't jump quite high enough to cut it in the pros. If you look at the college All-American teams from the last few years, you don't see a ton of dudes that are going to thrive in the NBA. 9 of the 10 from last year were either juniors or seniors. Only underclassmen was Brandon Miller. If you are good enough to be a dominant pro, you aren't playing more than a year or two in college. Those are the guys that have the tools to make a career in the NBA

If you didn't know better from reading this board you'd think Oscar was better than most G-leaguers...

Actually just giving accolades where accolades can be given. No ulterior motive.

Last edited:
He deserves to be on an NBA roster. Way too many teams have 9th and 10th guys who couldn't hold Oscar's jock. He's never going to be a starter but there's no way that any team couldn't use his strength, energy, hustle, and charisma in the locker room. If Kevin Looney can be the starter on an NBA championship team, Oscar can be the 10th man on every a bottom feeder team.

A guy like Oscar knows he’s not the offensive priority and is willing to accept that tho. If a team with shooters took a flyer on him he’d be a great fit. Just tell him his priority to to bang around on the other teams big to fatigue them and chase every offensive rebound like his life depends on it and immediately kick it out to a shooter unless he’s wide open under the basket. Is he a 30 min guy; absolutely not. Can he give you 10-15 min and a solid +- due to a few extra possessions…yes

He could be a solid contributor to a team like GS
I agree. Guys like Steph would love Oscar, someone to get 5/6 OR a game and pass back out yo 3pt shooters.

Andre Drummond and Al Horford are the best two comps...

Think he will get a lot of run after the all-star break.

Thanks, you made the A list in my book if that means anything.
I'd have gotten to this sooner but I've been dealing with some major issues. I am old and all my family and almost all my friends are gone and I largely live as a hermit. Almost all my human interaction is on this board and that was the nicest thing anybody has said to me in quite a while. So not only does it mean something to me, it really means a lot. thank you

What he offers a team in rebounding is evidently not worth what he would give up in isolation defense.

• Wow
What is Oscar earning as a Mad Ant?
Salary: $559,782
SeasonIndiana Pacers
2023/24$559,782

As Jeff Goodman of Stadium pointed out, Tshiebwe will make $560,000 on that deal. He was reportedly making $2 million in NIL money at Kentucky. Tshiebwe would have made more money if he stayed another year at Kentucky, but he was ready to move on and I'm told he'll make $560K next season on a two-way deal.Jun 24, 2023

Reactions: Fox2monk
Salary: $559,782
SeasonIndiana Pacers
2023/24$559,782

As Jeff Goodman of Stadium pointed out, Tshiebwe will make $560,000 on that deal. He was reportedly making $2 million in NIL money at Kentucky. Tshiebwe would have made more money if he stayed another year at Kentucky, but he was ready to move on and I'm told he'll make $560K next season on a two-way deal.Jun 24, 2023
Glad he’s got money in the bank but working also gives him a visa and a way to make money in the US now legally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT