ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar “Not Opposed to Returning”

Idk if Cal wants him to. Which is crazy bc he is the NPOY and dominates the glass. But Oscars style isn’t cohesive to how Cal likes to play defense. You need a super athletic 5 that is capable of guarding the 3-5 super effectively and is sufficient at staying in front of a 1 or 2 but giving a little space to make them think about shooting over.

Cal needs an AD/WCS type at the 5….or play 2 physical, athletic, 4s together like he did at Memphis a few times. Ppl focus on shotblocking (which is nice if tou can have both) but Cals defense hinges on switching and strong hedges and not giving up a major mismatch when your 5 gets switched off on guards
You are exactly right. Oscar takes up way too much space under the basket which prevents cutters from going to the basket. If is a team is going to be successful playing the post with his back to the basket, he better be dominant in his position otherwise he is more hurtful than helpful.

You can always tell how uneducated someone here is when they say Cal slurper or Cal cultist. It’s embarrassing for them, free entertainment for me. 😆
I can see that you are just cracking yourself up. Know the difference between others laughing with you and others laughing at you. You are not nearly as funny as your delusion would have you to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: Lane Beard
Idk if Cal wants him to. Which is crazy bc he is the NPOY and dominates the glass. But Oscars style isn’t cohesive to how Cal likes to play defense. You need a super athletic 5 that is capable of guarding the 3-5 super effectively and is sufficient at staying in front of a 1 or 2 but giving a little space to make them think about shooting over.

Cal needs an AD/WCS type at the 5….or play 2 physical, athletic, 4s together like he did at Memphis a few times. Ppl focus on shotblocking (which is nice if tou can have both) but Cals defense hinges on switching and strong hedges and not giving up a major mismatch when your 5 gets switched off on guards
I get what you are saying. As good as Oscar is at what he does, he isn't Cal's normal or preferred type of "big" (for defensive reasons). Oscar would have been great for Tubby. Camara would have been a Cal type guy (I know, not an even trade).

No it would not be. ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS? @Mike_Edwards
Tell me exactly what does Ware or Collins bring to the table? Both liabilities on offense. Collins catches a lob from time to time and blocks a occasional shot. Ware can't even dribble. He just comes in to rough house. Averages a foul a minute.
Ugonna could be a rim protector and scorer. But has little game experience and needs to be stronger.
You do realize this incoming class of Freshmen is really weak?
UK got the highest rated class but the class is weak. Every single person acknowledges that.

If he's doubling his payment to come back, he needs to demonstrate he can do more than just collect rebounds. Instead of just having one skill set, double it. Learn to play defense. Learn to initiate offense from the paint. We already have guys next year who can grab boards and block shots. He would just be doing one thing great, at the detriment of everything else.
Who are those 2 guys?

Reactions: NociHTTP
Nah, he can average 10/15 along side some more proficient players without having to be the focal point of the defense. We've been getting very little from our 3 spot. If Edwards is as advertised and we get some decent production from the other 3 spots it'll be a renaissance for him.
People underestimate how nice it is to have a dude that grabs 15 boards game.

Wow … a bad day for the Wheeler haters, and a bad day for the Oscar haters. But for the idiots or are a member of both of those cults, it’s a really bad day lol.

Next years team has a lot of talented bricklayers coming in. Guys who want the ball in their hand and will be shooting it not feeding the post.

Having O there to clean up the misses seems perfect to me.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Plus we probably won't need him to do it all. He'll finally be able to show his other skill sets. I always wondered how'd he'd be on a good team.

• Haha
Reactions: Midway Cat
If Oscar comes back then Bradshaw de-commits, zero doubt.

That kid didn’t sign up to play 5-10 minutes a game.

• Wow
Reactions: NociHTTP
I doubt he comes back but I hope. Would probably be the best thing for him coming off a soso year compared to last year. I think him with that group next year and playing the 4 he could be a beast and maybe POY again.

Has a guy ever won POY then not the best to win it a year later?

If Oscar comes back then Bradshaw de-commits, zero doubt.

That kid didn’t sign up to play 5-10 minutes a game.
If that's the cost of getting Tshiebwe back, I'll gladly take it every day and twice on Sunday. Plus, isn't Bradshaw expected to be one-and-done anyway?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I get what you are saying. As good as Oscar is at what he does, he isn't Cal's normal or preferred type of "big" (for defensive reasons). Oscar would have been great for Tubby. Camara would have been a Cal type guy (I know, not an even trade).
Saar was a “cal big”. Skal was a “cal big”. We know what Oscar does for us and it’s a far sight more than the bigs we’ve been getting. Careful what you wish for, you may trade the NPOY for one of those unproductive skinny guys

Idk if Cal wants him to.
Because CCC doesn't recruit top-10 kids to sit behind a kid that didn't have the skills to go on.
A double-edged sword for CCC... he needs the uber-talented kids to make up for his coaching ineptitude, but they only come if they will start and showcase their skills for a year.
Will Oscar sit if he comes back, and Bradshaw still comes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT