ADVERTISEMENT

Only Team with 4 linemen in Top 25

Starters will be amazing. Some inexperienced depth will be the issue.

I posted about Kinnard and Young in another thread. Ranked Top 15 (on Top 25 list) at OTs. I was expecting Drake to be on the C list when it came out. Well it came out and he is (no surprise).

The site combined OG/C and Drake and Fortner made the list. That is four out of five starters. Pretty cool to see.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/introducing-the-cfb-saturdays-og-c-rankings/
Fake news.
UK predicted at going only 7-5.
OL can’t be that good, and win so few games.

Reactions: thebowlgame
This is a legitimate top 25 team that can beat any other team in the nation. This is the best offensive/defensive groups that we have ever put on the field in my entire life as a Kentucky football fan, in my opinion. Outside of possibly LB, there's elite, playoff team type of talent on the position groups on both sides of the ball. I love being a Kentucky football fan and have been praying for this type of team my whole life!

This is a legitimate top 25 team that can beat any other team in the nation. This is the best offensive/defensive groups that we have ever put on the field in my entire life as a Kentucky football fan, in my opinion. Outside of possibly LB, there's elite, playoff team type of talent on the position groups on both sides of the ball. I love being a Kentucky football fan and have been praying for this type of team my whole life!

I agree with this sentiment. This team is damn good.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Is TN and AL OL really going to be better than ours? You know the ones coming back, combination of talented and experienced. Not much talk about a guy like Flax coming in that could possibly make the unit even better. Plenty of TE talent and experience also, AL and TN must have a bunch of highly ranked/graded out OL to be able to overtake what we will have.

If this team had a QB like Andre Woodson and a couple of receivers like Stevie Johnson and Keenan Burton, we would be in the national championship hunt this season IMO because we have everything else. I think our floor is 7 games and how far we go beyond depends on how good Wilson and the receiver group perform.

Is TN and AL OL really going to be better than ours? You know the ones coming back, combination of talented and experienced. Not much talk about a guy like Flax coming in that could possibly make the unit even better. Plenty of TE talent and experience also, AL and TN must have a bunch of highly ranked/graded out OL to be able to overtake what we will have.
Overall as a unit I don't think they are better. As individuals, NFL talent wise yes they are both better. Our top prospect is Kinnard that is projected 2-3rd round this year. UT has 4 five star guys that are 1st to 2nd rd picks. Bama has 2 that our top 10 picks. Still as a unit they are not better than UK's line

Reactions: thebowlgame
We are wanting to pass a lot more this year. With the line we have we should be balanced well. Our bread and butter should be running the ball and that will open up the passing enough that we should have more big plays than in the past.

Reactions: jauk11
Overall as a unit I don't think they are better. As individuals, NFL talent wise yes they are both better. Our top prospect is Kinnard that is projected 2-3rd round this year. UT has 4 five star guys that are 1st to 2nd rd picks. Bama has 2 that our top 10 picks. Still as a unit they are not better than UK's line

I think the big factor here is coaching, when you take a three star and make him a higher draft prospect than a bunch of five stars it says a lot. AND after he is here for only three years.

I think the big factor here is coaching, when you take a three star and make him a higher draft prospect than a bunch of five stars it says a lot. AND after he is here for only three years.
Rivals had Kinnard a high 3 star, the other 2 both had him a 4 star. 247 had him #178 overall and he was an Army all-american. Rivals just had him low. Not that he hasn't received great coaching but he is a monster. He never had a big offer sheet, I guarantee OSU and other wish they had offered him now

Rivals had Kinnard a high 3 star, the other 2 both had him a 4 star. 247 had him #178 overall and he was an Army all-american. Rivals just had him low. Not that he hasn't received great coaching but he is a monster. He never had a big offer sheet, I guarantee OSU and other wish they had offered him now

I've wondered if he's one that slipped through the cracks because he moved states.

ADVERTISEMENT