ADVERTISEMENT

One way to deal with Stoops buyout

ESPN pete thamel said there was a 9am board meeting (sunday) at UK and said " this the end of the mark stoops era "
Tried to copy and paste want let me do it don't know if it's real or fake it's on Facebook can some one link it thanks
Quadruple Coverage's posts

Quadruple Coverage

30m

Not sure but I'd say it's pretty urgent, I don't think Sunday Morning Board Meetings are normal operating procedure. Pete Thamel is pret... See more

Kentucky Update

@ky__update. 10h

Kentucky has scheduled a Board meeting for Sunday morning at 9 am per @Pete Thamel. Could this be the end of the Stoops era in Lexington?

#BBN

@UKFootball

50 Quadruple Coverage + 3

11 comments

Comment

N

Send

S

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Hopefully UK has learned their lesson on putting these outrageous buyout clauses in coaches contracts. I understand the university wants something to inhibit another program from coming after your coach, but if a coach isn’t happy or feels they aren’t being paid fairly for the job they’re doing then let them walk.
The worst part of those contracts is arguably how one-sided the buyouts were. We had the standard buyout clause if we fired them, which added up to a lot of money considering the raises and the number of years involved. There was no clause going the other way like some other schools have successfully used where they would owe us money for leaving. It really just made then borderline impossible to fire while doing relatively little besides raising their salary to make them harder to poach.

I’d hire a private detective to follow him 24/7. Then I’d tell him he can walk away or the details of every cheerleader and whore he has been with will be uploaded to the internet. He’s a sleezebag. It would take a month to have enough to make him beg.

Make it abundantly clear he can step aside or he will be made unhireable and be publicly humiliated.
Whores maybe? A student maybe? But I seriously doubt Stoops is pulling in cheerleaders at UK.

Touché. We were above them by 5 mil in 22. I had not seen the 23 numbers yet. Point not being dissimilar in that we have substantial money to work with these days. Although I assert that barnhart’s mistake his entire tenure is not figuring out that committing the highest level of money to football to sustain and achieve its most potential would drive revenues up more than being successful and going to the women’s final four in basketball or something. Fundraising has always been a low performing attribute for him so you have to try to drive it by performance instead of gladhanding and salesmanship.
We are not ahead of UT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT