ADVERTISEMENT

One more piece to this team?

13th man is the cigar guy.

As Blue said, I don't really know enough about these guys to judge.

If we are excluding 13th man as the quote unquote final piece then give me an experienced, potential lottery pick lol doesn't work like that though.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'll volunteer myself to be the designated Rupp Rafters Walk-on.

Wasn't going to play this year but you guys really want that 13th player.

Reactions: flash123
I'd add another point guard, one that was a little more offense oriented. Butler is going to be a fantastic leader and defender, but would love to add a little more distribution and shooting to the position.

I've never seen a single one of these players play. And if I was watching a game they were in, I certainly would've had no reason to pay attention to their game. So if I don't know what we have, there's no way I can comment on what we need. :)
You can watch "highlight" film on YouTube, but you know how those things are.

So far the answers are (in no particular order)

1. Offensive point guard
2. Sure fire lottery pick
3. Backup center
4. Forward with the ability to step out and pass

I think I would go with someone who has very good potential that could use this season to develop and learn the system. Then return next year to be an important part of the team with experience in the program. Someone mentioned Fears and he might fill that description.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I vote for a cheerleader looking babe to walk the sidelines with Coach Pope carrying dry towels and his preferred choice of beverages.

XckFrST.jpg

I've never seen a single one of these players play. And if I was watching a game they were in, I certainly would've had no reason to pay attention to their game. So if I don't know what we have, there's no way I can comment on what we need. :)
You don't need a PhD in sports science to know that we need another younger big. Two of ours are super seniors – gone next year. One is an undersized senior – possibly gone next year and more situational than a workhorse. The last is a former McD AA soph who could bolt for the NBA next year.

I would be ecstatic with another F/C.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Jeremiah Fears.

Multiyear point guard who already loves Kentucky. Veteran high-level point guards are more necessary than any other position. He would become that guy for us over the course of 3 or 4 years. He's not a OAD.

We would have multiyear returners at every position except power forward:

Fears (PG)
Perry (SG)
Chandler (SG/SF)
Noah (SF)
Oweh (SG/SF)
Garrison (C)

Last edited:
You don't need a PhD in sports science to know that we need another younger big. Two of ours are super seniors – gone next year. One is an undersized senior – possibly gone next year and more situational than a workhorse. The last is a former McD AA soph who could bolt for the NBA next year.

Yeah, a "project" big - maybe a reclass freshman or foreign guy - who doesn't expect much PT 1st year would be my pick.

Reactions: JPFisher
If you could add one more player to the team what position and type of player would you add?

I'm asking because I honestly don't know the biggest need.

Peterson or a foreign player, more than likely the latter. I think it because it will be hard to get a top reclass this early in his roster build, but he is determined to fill out the roster anyway.

I agree with you but I think only the last one you mentioned has any eligibility left after this year barring a redshirt.

I agree with you but I think only the last one you mentioned has any eligibility left after this year barring a redshirt.
Yeah, I said possibly for Almonor because I don't know what the rules are anymore. Maybe he'll stick around for another 5 years, maybe not. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: ukfan1622
This is Almoror's last year of eligibility.

Returning
Oweh SR SG/SF
Garrison JR C
Chandler SO SG/SF
Noah SO SG/SF
Perry SO PG/SG
Definitely need a PF to return for some experience at that position.

Four is our least deep position so I’d lean that way. Value adds are rebounding, since neither Carr nor Almonor bring us a lot of that, and perimeter shooting, both so the new guy isn’t redundant with our centers and so our centers’ lack of perimeter shooting (possibly not terrible with Garrison but still at best a question mark) can’t be used against us too bad when Carr’s sitting. Not holding my breath for a big, glass-cleaning, mobile perimeter sniper to be still twiddling his thumbs this late in the summer but since you asked.

It may be that that 13th position may not get filled if the staff does not fine a player that is a fit for this team.

I think it will be difficult to find a player that contribute significantly in the coming season. We have 10 players who have solid college experience, they all played major roles for their previous teams. Perry and Noah could become useful be late in the year. If a "project" kid surfaced(most likely a big) then by all means take him.

Sorting out the top 8 or 9 guys off the current team will be no small coaching task. I doubt there are promised minutes out there(unlike previous seasons) Really looking forward to this year even if it only nets 16 or 17 wins. My eternal optimistic outlook on UK basketball says we will be north of 20 wins. Just get to football season and Let's f^(&!^@ go!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT