ADVERTISEMENT

Once the P5 conferences split

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
Once the P5 (soon to be P4) conferences split and break away from the smaller conferences do you think we may see the smaller conferences (AAC, CUSA, MAC, etc.) play during a different time of the year so as to maximize tv time, profits, etc? Think about this. Once February comes, die hard football fans like myself are dying to see any form of college football. I would watch a random MAC game if it were the only college football game on. Nobody is tuning in to watch these games during the normal season.

Does anybody else think this is a possibility? I don't know how logistics would work for signing periods and such or if they could switch it but it would be in their best interest if they could. That way the P4 teams couldn't poach their signees (for a year anyway). This may be their only chance for survival.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think football season is still football season. Whether you're talking high school, P5/BCS, FBS/G5, or NFL.

Don't see an entire industry and everything connected to it, moving.

What I could see happening is everything getting pieced out for parts in local/regional media deals and more Thursday and Friday games.

I don’t think it will be any different than 1978 when the NCAA split into 2 subdivisions. Football season will remain the same.

Reactions: fabcat
Would be tough to do that because of transfers, but I would love it as well.

A low-level major conference guy could try to make it at the big time and if he fails just transfer into the minor league football in that scenario and I doubt they would go for that.

Some 1-aa competed in the winter after the 2020 covid season, right? Lots have examined it, the prospects are nit good. Many pro attempts at winter/spring football. Most have found after the Super Bowl even de hard football fans are ready for a break and an offseason.

Some 1-aa competed in the winter after the 2020 covid season, right? Lots have examined it, the prospects are nit good. Many pro attempts at winter/spring football. Most have found after the Super Bowl even de hard football fans are ready for a break and an offseason.
Frankly, I might buy Western Kentucky U tickets for a Spring season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT