ADVERTISEMENT

On3's current top 10 players in the portal

Expect an either or on Reeves/Fredrick. No way do both return IMO

Livingston is a ? mark as well. Could see him returning but minute a season ends...you get people in the player's ear and hyping their NBA chances. Livingston needs a big NCAA showing to improve his stock after showing well for a stretch. Wonder if he'd have any interest in going where Bronny James selects a school based on his relationship with the family/Klutch?
Great info lol.

There are so many possibilities. I wouldn’t be surprised by any lineup, really. I’m pretty sure Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw start. They are top 5 in their class and will expect to start. Livingston is a 5-star returning starter. If he is back, I think he starts. The fifth starter is likely Reeves, if he returns, but Dillingham might take his spot. Wouldn’t be the first time Cal benched a returning starter. Also, there’s Collins, who has some raw talent and guys sometimes need a few years before they contribute a bunch (like Nick Richards). Lots of possibilities.

If Reeves and CJ both hit the road then you get a SG/SF that can actually shoot.
I think even if it's just Reeves that doesn't come back, UK has to get a really good 3pt. shooting 2G (ideally also a pretty good 3pt. scorer) from the portal.

Either way, Livingston has a tough decision because clearly he sees himself as a SF lol. I think he would actually have been a good small ball 4 but his camp doesn't see it that way apparently.
Sounds like Livingston will be faced with the same type of decision Hopkins faced last year, even with Brooks leaving. If Livingston leaves, are folks gonna say Cal ran him off ?? I hope Livingston returns, like PJ Washington did.

Sounds like Livingston will be faced with the same type of decision Hopkins faced last year, even with Brooks leaving. If Livingston leaves, are folks gonna say Cal ran him off ?? I hope Livingston returns, like PJ Washington did.
Not even close to comparable in my opinion. Livingston starts and plays the 3 right now, Hopkins won a game for us then didn’t play the rest of the season.

In all honesty I don’t see Livingston back in Lexington next year, but in the pros.

If it were any other program probably would have everyone back but Wallace, this isn’t every other program though so I assume the worst.

I hope not, I want Livingston in blue next year. He’s gonna be a beast.
F2M, what if Livingston "must" play SF (or God forbid 2G) next season? Hypothetically, let's say he won't be allowed or refuses to play PF? Would you worry about the team not being as good as it could be with him at SF instead of PF, or chemistry issue if he ends up losing the starting at SF spot?

Reactions: Fox2monk
F2M, what if Livingston "must" play SF (or God forbid 2G) next season? Hypothetically, let's say he won't be allowed or refuses to play PF? Would you worry about the team not being as good as it could be with him at SF instead of PF, or chemistry issue if he ends up losing the starting at SF spot?
Of course but I’d just say look it’s in your best interest to have a great season as a small ball 4. That’s most likely his position in the league, a hybrid 3/4 in a smaller lineup.

Reactions: G-PIP
Here is a starting five I could see Cal putting on the floor next season:

G Wagner
G Edwards
F Livingston
F Collins
F Bradshaw

Remember, this is Cal we are talking about. He loves length. He loves athleticism. He loves defense and rebounding. He loves shot blocking.

That lineup also keeps Livingston at the 3 and starts the three top 5 recruits. Edwards is listed at 6’7, 190 lbs. and is a skilled playmaker, so he is probably closer to a 2 than a 4. If Livingston doesn’t want to play the 4, then to get him and Edwards on the floor together, Edwards may be put at the 2 (which may be his pro position). And remember Cal was toying with the idea of starting Collins at the 4 before his dad passed and he had to miss all that time.

Here is a starting five I could see Cal putting on the floor next season:

G Wagner
G Edwards
F Livingston
F Collins
F Bradshaw

Remember, this is Cal we are talking about. He loves length. He loves athleticism. He loves defense and rebounding. He loves shot blocking.

That lineup also keeps Livingston at the 3 and starts the three top 5 recruits. Edwards is listed at 6’7, 190 lbs. and is a skilled playmaker, so he is probably closer to a 2 than a 4. If Livingston doesn’t want to play the 4, then to get him and Edwards on the floor together, Edwards may be put at the 2 (which may be his pro position). And remember Cal was toying with the idea of starting Collins at the 4 before his dad passed and he had to miss all that time.
So, bucs you're saying Calipari has no desire to win basketball games?

• Haha
Reactions: tomrain
If Cal does as I expect, he will play Wagner, Dillingham, (Reeves?) at SF, that would put Edwards at the 4, Bradshaw and UGO at the 5. That is gonna be a pretty tough decision for Livingston. You also have Their and Shep in the mix at the 2 and 3. Also it would not shock me if Bradshaw's camp wants him to play some 4, again this would potentially seemingly jam up Livingston.
And if Livingston does not develop, Thiero could push him deeper on the bench. I believe Thiero will develop and be a versatile defender.

Reactions: catomic42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT