ADVERTISEMENT

On this day in 2004... Sparks hit three free throws...

Sparks hit about 5-6 threes in that game and about 3-4 in the 2nd half.

Got fouled on a pump fake in the corner with less than a second.

Sparks had some special games for UK.
Including his last sec three to send the reg. final in 2005 v the Spartans into OT:

"I know, because I was there." My freshman year of college... Was on the last row of Freedom Hall. Down 32-16 at half if I remember right? Down ten with four minutes to go!

Sparks hit about 5-6 threes in that game and about 3-4 in the 2nd half.

Got fouled on a pump fake in the corner with less than a second.

Sparks had some special games for UK.
Including his last sec three to send the reg. final in 2005 v the Spartans into OT:

If I remember correctly I think he got fouled on that 3 and should have had a ft to win it?

I was there. First half was pretty tough to take. And it felt like we were never going to get back over the hump. I remember being completely shocked they actually called the foul.

Great win, remember it like it was yesterday...although I can definitely take off my blue blinders and admit Sparks shuffled his feet when he got the ball back from Azubuike.

ZrG71ez.jpg

He also took about 12 steps. It looked like he was doing the Ickey Shuffle dance out there before he shot.

I was in 7th grade and had a cold/flu. Heart was pounding and I was clammy the last minute of the game and it wasn’t because of my fever. An awesome ending to a game that we looked destined to lose for 3/4 of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT