ADVERTISEMENT

OKC Thunder waive TyTy Washington

I agree, the money athletes and coaches make today is insane. I went to FF in Minneapolis to get it off my bucket list and the trip, tickets etc cost me close to 5k. The average fan cannot afford special event prices any longer.
Nope, it’s a once in a lifetime or maybe save up every 5-10 year sort of thing.

Said it many times. He doesn't do anything at an NBA level. He's an okay shooter not great. Decent midrange game but not very athletic. Good ball handler not great. He does everything pretty good with below average athleticism. Not a player that was going to stick in the NBA.

I will say that you may be right, if he focuses hard on his body and gets in elite shape he might be able to play his way into sticking on a roster. If he continues to be built like a woman he won't. He needs to get his ass in the gym and burn his body fat way down, he should be in the absolute peak physical condition right now.

Typically, if a kid isn’t used to working out in high school or even earlier, he isn’t gonna start when he’s 20. I hope I’m wrong for TyTy’s sake. I saw where Hagans signed an exhibit 10 contract with Portland. If Hagans and TyTy were combined into one dude, that’d be a hell of a player. Unfortunately I think they both fall short of what the NBA wants.

He has terrible posture, I always wondered when his back would give out. It even affects his gait.

2 for 10 against St.Peters told me he was not gonna make it in the big leagues
He was still recovering off of a repeated injury.

Everyone forgets we basically had no guards going into the tourney.

Wheeler= Hurt/Ineffective
Grady= playing on two bum feet
Tyty= was still recovering from a reinjured ankle/leg injury.

Still should've won, but let not act like Ty was playing at full capacity.

Terrible loss no matter how it ages. That team when healthy was very good. They just weren’t at that time and Wheeler was obviously a head case/problem.

Exactly. Doesn't excuse the loss but if you look at how st Peter's played that game vs how they did vs murray and Purdue, they played a lot better against UK than the latter 2 games.

Exactly. Doesn't excuse the loss but if you look at how st Peter's played that game vs how they did vs murray and Purdue, they played a lot better against UK than the latter 2 games.
And were still able to be a solid Murray team, and a good Purdue.

We should've won that game, but man, St. Peter's got hot at the right time. Happens. Just shouldn't have happened to us. Especially up 6 with like 4 to go.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Standard for this board- overrating UK guys to the point where no one takes the fan base seriously.
Yeah, ok whatever. I don't remember anyone claiming he was going to be elite. But Ty is good. Someone will pick him up.

Wish I got 2 million plus to be dismissed.

I never really thought he would be that good in the league anyways but that’s nuts. He was massively overrated here, IMO. Hope the best for him though.

Also, anybody know how all this works out? Like contract and all that? How much money has he made? I thought the contracts were guaranteed, etc?
Bingo. He was overrated and over hyped here bc a lot of ppl hated wheeler. Then his ankle was used as an excuse as to why we didn’t perform on the tournament as a cop out. The reality is that he really wasn’t a star or the type to be a game changer all year other than 1-2 good games. 95% of the season he was simply just a solid college role player that needed more time on college had he played anywhere but here or maybe 1-2 other limelight hype programs

Bingo. He was overrated and over hyped here bc a lot of ppl hated wheeler. Then his ankle was used as an excuse as to why we didn’t perform on the tournament as a cop out. The reality is that he really wasn’t a star or the type to be a game changer all year other than 1-2 good games. 95% of the season he was simply just a solid college role player that needed more time on college had he played anywhere but here or maybe 1-2 other limelight hype programs
I'm not going to sit here and say Ty was the best guard at UK, but acting like he wasn't hurt is ridiculous. Kid came back into a couple of games limping. Trying to play.

Meanwhile, Selfish Sharpe sat on his selfish ass. While Ty, Wheeler, and Grady played hurt

So, yes, he was hurt and yes it did hinder his performance.
Just as it did Grady's. And people crapped all over him.

I know it was a weak draft but I have no idea how/why he went as high as he did. And I said so at the time. He doesn't do anything at or near an NBA level. And he's a subpar athlete.

Forcing kids out looks good on the Cal resume on draft night.
Ty Ty wasn't forced out.
He knew he was going to declare the minute he stepped on campus.
These guys know where they want to be.
It's all about the kid and not the coach or school.
People were upset when Flip and Proctor returned to Duke saying why does that never happen here but yet Jalen Johnson doesn't even finish the season at the same program.
All about the individual.

And were still able to be a solid Murray team, and a good Purdue.

We should've won that game, but man, St. Peter's got hot at the right time. Happens. Just shouldn't have happened to us. Especially up 6 with like 4 to go.
It was our coach. Their pg even said so. I get so tired of the we're everybody's Superbowl, or they played us differently. Excuse after excuse. You okay the hand you're dealt, every team has to.

And Reeves going 1-15 against K State means we didn’t want him back.

😂 love the one bad game so he’s trash mentality around here.
Or the one where we can't get anyone from the portal, but a guy who pissed down his leg returned because he had no choice, so let's anoint him our savior.

I never really thought he would be that good in the league anyways but that’s nuts. He was massively overrated here, IMO. Hope the best for him though.

Also, anybody know how all this works out? Like contract and all that? How much money has he made? I thought the contracts were guaranteed, etc?
It should have been obvious that Washington wasn't ready for the NBA and wouldn't have even gotten a sniff if not for the Cal hype machine who is only interested in pushing players to the league as quickly as possible.

Reactions: dckala2
I'm not going to sit here and say Ty was the best guard at UK, but acting like he wasn't hurt is ridiculous. Kid came back into a couple of games limping. Trying to play.

Meanwhile, Selfish Sharpe sat on his selfish ass. While Ty, Wheeler, and Grady played hurt

So, yes, he was hurt and yes it did hinder his performance.
Just as it did Grady's. And people crapped all over him.
Grady nor Washington were ever real NBA prospects on their best days. Injured or not, they were not very good. If Washington had stayed for four years and seriously worked on his game, he might have been a serviceable player, but he was never going to get a lot of minutes.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Wheeler/TyTy backcourt going to age like milk.

TyTy is cached, Livingston’s nba career is on the clock.

Yeah, ok whatever. I don't remember anyone claiming he was going to be elite. But Ty is good. Someone will pick him up.

Wish I got 2 million plus to be dismissed.
He has been picked up four times in one season. How many more times does he need to be picked up before it is obvious that he isn't NBA caliber?

Reactions: STL_Cat
Crazy he could potentially “do nothing” and make millions. Sports contracts and contracts in general are so out of wack these days. Lol. Thanks again man.
He has probably spent most of that money on cars, family, bling, and women.

He was automatic on that mid-range jumper off the dribble for the first 3 or so months of that season. But after that injury, he was never the same player. I'm not sure what all factored into that but he wasn't right. He's not a tremendous athlete and doesn't have as much quickness as other guards in the NBA. He's gonna struggle, I'm afraid.

Reactions: LmdCat
Dude needs to hit the weights and tone up if he wants to carve out a role in the NBA. His largest strength is his mid range jumper which isn't utilized and honestly is discouraged in today's game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT