ADVERTISEMENT

Ok since no one else has mentioned Washington’s leg wrap I will

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Thats not an ankle injury. He did something to the knee that UK has not disclosed.
I realize they dont have to but all the linked reports were talking about a mild ankle sprain.

Well on the play he hurt himself tonight I saw no movement on the ankle.

He is clearly dealing with a knee problem.

Sprain? Hyperextension? I dont know but we got to get him right by the Dance or the S16 is our ceiling.

I guessed hyperextension from the get go but who knows.

Reactions: K_TIME
Thats not an ankle injury. He did something to the knee that UK has not disclosed.
I realize they font have to bit all the linked reports were talking about a mild ankle sprain.

He is clearly dealing with a knee problem

Sprain? Hyperextension? I dont know nut we got to get him right by the Dance or the S16 is our ceiling.
The sweet 16 will be good. From 9 wins to that Cal may win coach of the year. This is just not a final 4 kind of team. If ty can't play we done before then tho.

Reactions: gharding07
The sweet 16 will be good. From 9 wins to that Cal may win coach of the year. This is just not a final 4 kind of team. If ty can't play we done before then tho.

If we're healthy we're at least E8. What 3 or 4 seed you picking over us on a neutral floor?

Reactions: MbergCat
Man come on now. This is still one of the 3-5 teams that can win it all. No team will win every time out. Teams pick up L’s. Don’t let it make you crazy. That said, Ty does need to be healthy

TyTy and Sahvir are unfortunately injury prone. Not a good thing to have heading into March.

Reactions: KFuqua
If we're healthy we're at least E8. What 3 or 4 seed you picking over us on a neutral floor?
If no ty we will be the 3 seed and a 6 seed Texas or Ohio St or a Mich St will beat us in the second round.Remember the ncaa will seed as they see if our second best player is out .The 2 seed would beat us in sweet16. Have a chance if tyty plays.

It's gonna be a heavy debated topic this week: should we hold Ty out longer, in hopes he gets a bit more healing (and removing chance of reiniury)?

I say yes. Don't think he or Toppin should have played tonight, because this wasn't Toppins first injury to the leg. I figured both would be out for a week, so I was surprised to see them back without missing a game.

It's gonna be a heavy debated topic this week: should we hold Ty out longer, in hopes he gets a bit more healing (and removing chance of reiniury)?

I say yes. Don't think he or Toppin should have played tonight, because this wasn't Toppins first injury to the leg. I figured both would be out for a week, so I was surprised to see them back without missing a game.
Toppin did miss a game. This was the 1-week mark since his injury.

It all depends on the injury. I doubt they would have played him with an injury that could be made worse. That’s not happening. Whatever it is is likely to nag him from here on out.

All I know is sitting on the sideline Tyty looked six kinds of mad and scared. You don’t get like that if all you’re thinking about is you won’t be going back into a game you didn’t even know you would play in 12 hours ago.

All I know is sitting on the sideline Tyty looked six kinds of mad and scared. You don’t get like that if all you’re thinking about is you won’t be going back into a game you didn’t even know you would play in 12 hours ago.
Yep, not sure why he and a trainer didn't go back to the locker-room and start treatment immediately.

After reading some of the responses Im inclined to think it may not be the knee but some kind of calf strain.

I agree no way they let him play with a knee issue. Also the Dr.’s probably decided he couldn't hurt it worse.

However, Im with those that say he needs to take a few weeks off and get whatever it is healed.

After tonight I think that's what we will see moving forward.

Get well soon Ty.

It could be a bone bruise, they are tough to get over. You go fine and certain leg movements shoot pain up your leg that hurts badly. I have no idea what he has but I have done the bone bruise thing and it is no fun.
Good point. Could be a sever contusion on his lower leg and thats why they let him try to play thru it.

I don't think it's a knee given he started. Cal has a track record of not playing kids with that type injury, even giving them an extra game off when they say they are ready. I agree it's most likely a bone bruise the way he was rolled up on and some time off will heal it up nicely.

Reactions: awf
I realize they dont have to but all the linked reports were talking about a mild ankle sprain.

He is clearly dealing with a knee problem.

Sprain? Hyperextension? I dont know but we got to get him right by the Dance or the S16 is our ceiling.

I guessed hyperextension from the get go but who knows.

Just maybe....he injured both (knee and ankle) !

I had not seen that angle or that speed of the injury from last game until last night. But you can see the ankle sprain happen. AND.... it wasn't a normal sprain where the outside ligaments are partially torn, it was one where the inside ligaments are partially torn. That is what a sprain is, a partial tear in a ligament.

On that drive, I couldn't see any imbalance in either (knee or ankle). But the 13min he played before that, he clearly did not have the same quick-twitch explosion you expect to see from Tyty.

Reactions: DufnerFanBoy
It's not a knee injury.

You don't call a knee injury "lower leg."
You can't put weight on a significant knee injury.

You also don't put a kid out there after a significant knee injury when he's not 100%.
Unless your name is Billy...

a9eafe1d29_Billy_03282009.jpg

This team will only go as far as TyTy takes it hope he gets to playing better.He has been in a slump for a while now even before injuries.

Agree. Hold him out longer. If TyTy isn't fully healthy we won't do much in March anyway.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT