ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL Southern Miss Vs. Kentucky Game Thread ******

If the southern miss coach is adamant but (Stoops perspective) my team/players were wanting to get out there and play…I’d tell the SoMiss coach we’ll accept a forfeit or we play the game
Which is exactly what I would do. And make it very clear that's what happened.

Nobody can control the weather, but as that's starting to clear, it's sounding like cold feet from some folks.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Weather is starting to clear. Now, if the South Miss coach is adamant he doesn't want to play, so be it. But, I'd imagine both coaches would want to try to reschedule at least. Can't imagine why it can't be played tomorrow.
If they leave without playing I hope we don't pay them a dime. They know they are likely taking an ass whoopin and are trying to get paid without having to take the L.... IMO.

Read SEC teams cannot start after 10pm. I doubt we're playing this week :(

Edit: But commissioner can allow later starts...
Our Commissioner is a joke. He let UNC skate on severe academic violations (he was head of the infractions committee at that time).

He won't allow it more than likely.

Playing tomorrow sounds easy to all of us.

Shifting travel and additional hotel stat for over 200 players/coaches/support personnel 24 hrs, plus 1 18 wheeler of equipment, ain't easy nor cheap on a holiday weekend.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Our Commissioner is a joke. He let UNC skate on severe academic violations (he was head of the infractions committee at that time).

Sec network just said sec commissioner gave them an exemption to play later . The rule is they can't play football past 1:30 am

If I had my 10 inch black and white small TV I would swear we are back in 77 and getting ready to watch the 11:30pm replay. lol
Mom and Dad did not allow us to stay up (downstairs) that late. So I had to watch in my bedroom. All I had was that small tv. Could hardly make out the plays.

Reactions: vhcat70

Please stop with this. I hate the NCAA but they don't control academic fraud unless the school admits that it happened.

Our commissioner is a joke without throwing UNC in there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT